Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

_Brian wrote: »
    Had to pop into Argos in Cavan earlier.
    Was on the phone outside for a While and nearly half of the customers are being let in with no masks.

Staggering disregard for public health measures.

Most in local, busy, shops here where you can't distance are not wearing masks either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Off to bunratty for the afternoon. Stopped into Ennis for lunch for what we called our local there. They were delighted to see old faces.

Got a taste for pints though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Off to bunratty for the afternoon. Stopped into Ennis for lunch for what we called our local there. They were delighted to see old faces.

Got a taste for pints though....

The staff in Bunrattty were protesting earlier.......just so you know. ;)

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

The staff in Bunrattty were protesting earlier.......just so you know. ;)

Against what? The foreign west Clare invaders?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Against what? The foreign west Clare invaders?

Look I didn't want to say it, but ya..................

Lunch time protest.

http://clareherald.com/2020/07/shannon-heritage-staff-protest-on-monday-29905/

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was in lidl this evening. We wore masks. About 75% of people had masks on. Some had them below their nose which is pointless. I found it uncomfortable tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

whelan2 wrote: »
    Wasnt a Robin anyway. Just glad it wasn't a crow or a magpie

Would u beleive a juvenile blackbird paid a visit to the kitchen earlier today - cheeky little bugger had spent most of the previous week helping himself to my Raspberries:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Came to say, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Was in lidl this evening. We wore masks. About 75% of people had masks on. Some had them below their nose which is pointless. I found it uncomfortable tbh

I had to go to the bank today, it was strange walking in the door with a mask on:D

It was a lodgement rather than a withdrawal, unfortunately. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

I had to go to the bank today, it was strange walking in the door with a mask on:D

:D

520632.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,415 ✭✭✭✭Water John

A la Frank Spencer, 'stick your hands up and give me the money'.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

In normal times you would get arrested for entering a Bank with a mask.

Anyone having trouble with parsnip seeds growing this year? My mother has shown 2 different batches and nothing growing. Everything else doing grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Would u beleive a juvenile blackbird paid a visit to the kitchen earlier today - cheeky little bugger had spent most of the previous week helping himself to my Raspberries:pac:

Theres been loads here this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Anyone having trouble with parsnip seeds growing this year? My mother has shown 2 different batches and nothing growing. Everything else doing grand.

I have 3 fine parsnips coming. Thats out of about 100 seeds. My fathers carrots went a bit mad this year. They started growing up out of the soil not down. Some strange shapes too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Anyone listening to LiveLine?? There's a headbanger on it (literally)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Odelay wrote: »

Maurice is losing it. He started off with the crow banger rant and then went on to complain about tax evading farmers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Odelay wrote: »

You can follow the reaction to Maurice in the link below:)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058096727&page=17

• Registered Users Posts: 11,497 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Maurice is losing it. He started off with the crow banger rant and then went on to complain about tax evading farmers.

And how we should build houses on all land and have no agricultural land.
    And that people don't need farming any more that they can produce their own food.
    Poor Maurice has lost it with the bangers!

There was a man killed in Kerry over a banger though..

You can follow the reaction to Maurice in the link below:)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058096727&page=17

LiveLines gain was Dail Eireanns loss

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-20092495.html

• Advertisement

I didnt hear liveline but those crow bangers would wreck your head

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Car serviced today. €800. Not sure if I was rode or it's standard enough. Did need a few jobs done. Wheel bearing on front, and new brake discs on the front too, pads all round as well. It is driving much better now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Let me guess, was the work done at a main stealers??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Car serviced today. €800. Not sure if I was rode or it's standard enough. Did need a few jobs done. Wheel bearing on front, and new brake discs on the front too, pads all round as well. It is driving much better now though!

That seems like a lot even with the work carried out I'd be expecting 300/400 max

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭straight

It's amazing that every time I take my car to a main stealer it need brakes and discs and a big long list of repairs. I generally say no and the next service there can be a different list of essential repairs and then it goes and passes the NCT

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

Anyone have any idea how to stop kittens from climbing up under a car our cat had 2 kittens and one got killed last night after climbing up under a car . My 11 year old was very upset so we only have one left don’t want her going the same way

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Murang wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how to stop kittens from climbing up under a car our cat had 2 kittens and one got killed last night after climbing up under a car . My 11 year old was very upset so we only have one left don’t want her going the same way
    Spray the ground underneath and around the underside of the car where you park it with a solution of jeyes fluid or dettol.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Murang

Base price wrote: »
    Spray the ground underneath and around the underside of the car where you park it with a solution of jeyes fluid or dettol.

How often would you have to spray on the car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Base price wrote: »

Jeyes Fluid in Aldi this week, advertised for patio cleaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

might not be to bad. car here was 160 to get front wheel bearing done and discs could be 100e a corner plus fitting depending on make and model. pads all around 60 euro plus for materials and some engine oils are crazy prices add on half days labour or more and it might be to bad

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement