Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Aye but don't we get it twice (or three times) when we're children as inclusive boosters so perhaps that's not counted in the three you're told?

I Did a quick count there earlier and I’ve had maybe 8 tetanus shots total. I’ve had three just for travelling to China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

wrangler wrote: »
    I'd have no problem going, you're paying well for it in your taxes.
    I've been in A and E twice since the Covid , I knew both times that I was wasting their time, GP told me to go in, he's very thorough and I don't want him to change from that. they lose interest if you don't do as they ask.
    A friend who is a nurse will always says ''Comply or die''

There can be over-kill too, I've had a few niggly injuries over the past few years that possibly would have done with going to A+E but you have to use your own initiative too and in most cases things clear up themselves. No wonder the A+E Departments are bursting at the seams :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Just back from Midoc in Tullamore. Very quiet in there. In fact, I was the only one in the waiting room. Tetanus shot in the arse, no meds and keep the wound clean. Great chat then with the nurse and receptionist.

Got me thinking, on a more usual Saturday evening (think 6 months ago), that service would be busting at the seams. Be no time for chit chat. Just in & out. Was nice and chilled in there and staff had time to do their job to perfection with care and attention instead of trying to horse through people who really, most likely, didn't need to be there

A lot of the usual attendees would be sports related, especially at weekends, which up to now was much quieter this year, most wouldn't attend lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

A lot of the usual attendees would be sports related, especially at weekends, which up to now was much quieter this year, most wouldn't attend lightly.

I'd say the majority of weekend attendances were drink/drugs related...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Nekarsulm wrote: »

Yes totally, along with people who have gone to the Doc/after hours service with a "non event" injury who are referred to A+E for no reason, that's whats clogging up the whole system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

GoneHome wrote: »
    Yes totally, along with people who have gone to the Doc/after hours service with a "non event" injury who are referred to A+E for no reason, that's whats clogging up the whole system.

God be with the days of your GP making a housecall to treat some minor injury or illness. I got 3 stitches as a 4 yr old up on the kitchen table after a dog ripped my cheek with his claws. Today you'd be in A&E with a plastic surgeon advising. Its a bit like the legal system. They're all looking after each other. That and a fear of a medical negligence claim. Do it by the book using all facilities available.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nekarsulm wrote: »

I'm sure people were still using drugs and drinking during lockdown. Maybe not at the same level as before. The other thing is people bringing half their extended family to a and e with them.like it's a family day out

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Who's messing with the boards hamsters

Reggie. wrote: »

It's the rain affecting it

Site runs on shockingly basic software compared to other chat sites.
    Hard to see it being so unreliable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's the rain affecting it

Are they getting wet?

Are they getting wet?

We all are :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

There was an attack on Boards at the start of the weekend and a good few spam PMs were sent out before the attack was stopped. Cloudflare was ramped up a bit to reduce the risk of attack and the attack seems to have caused another few knock on issues as well.

Hopefully it's quietened down now for a bit anyway, at least until the next attack:rolleyes:

There was an attack on Boards at the start of the weekend and a good few spam PMs were sent out before the attack was stopped. Cloudflare was ramped up a bit to reduce the risk of attack and the attack seems to have caused another few knock on issues as well.

Hopefully it's quietened down now for a bit anyway, at least until the next attack:rolleyes:

Amazing it’s such a target.
    Is it known is it a national or international source for the attack ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Is it possible to get through to icbf on the phone lads, I'm on hold here a half an hour. Joke of a setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Is it possible to get through to icbf on the phone lads, I'm on hold here a half an hour. Joke of a setup.

I learned over the years to never ring anyone, especially the civil service early Monday or late Friday. Too many just sitting around gossiping.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,413 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Are they mostly working from home still? That shouldn't affect answering the phone. I'll run over the road and knock on the door to wake them up.

Would the ASTI ever cop on? The other two unions cooperate but they whinge on a constant basis. The sacrafices and risks so many others have taken in dealing with this emergency, would they get over themselves? Let's see what the schools opening proposals are and then analyse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

I'm sure people were still using drugs and drinking during lockdown. Maybe not at the same level as before. The other thing is people bringing half their extended family to a and e with them.like it's a family day out

10am this morning saw a lad going up the street with the shirt in the hand and growling and waving fists, was off his head. Either coming or going to a fight... Drugs aren't restricted to the nights or weekends...

I see they're forecasting grass growth on the farming forecast now, no need for me walk the farm at all now!
    I wonder is it just based on their research stations and how relevant is it to most farms?
    It's very subjective data and I can't see the point if it apart from trying to normalise a certain system and to get people to conform. The disciples will be bombarded with texts, whatsapps, and emails with all that info anyway.

Stick to the weather and we'll grow our own grass.

I see they're forecasting grass growth on the farming forecast now, no need for me walk the farm at all now!
    I wonder is it just based on the Teagasc research stations and how relevant is it to most farms?
    Unlike rainfall, temperatures, or sunshine, grass growth is a very subjective measurement and I can't see the point if it apart from trying to normalise a certain system and to get people to conform. The disciples will be bombarded with texts, whatsapps, and emails with all that info anyway.

Stick to the weather and I'll grow my own grass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Noticed them chatting on Twitter about it, apparently it's based off Teagasc/PastureBase, an app? So collective data.

https://twitter.com/LodPetiteRue/status/1287391149976682496

Just going on temp, soil temp and moisture level, I'm sure they would be pretty close. The lawn outside the window will give up a quite accurate indication of grass growth.

Noticed them chatting on Twitter about it, apparently it's based off Teagasc/PastureBase, an app? So collective data.

https://twitter.com/LodPetiteRue/status/1287391149976682496

Based on a small and narrow cohort of dairy farmers pumping N in the best of land so.

I'd say the lawn is as good a guide as any!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Based on a small and narrow cohort of dairy farmers pumping N in the best of land so.

I'd say the lawn is as good a guide as any!

:D not much use for us anyway!
    I'm sure someone will find it handy, but most who would, would be measuring their own grass anyway so more of a comparison base than anything I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

_Brian wrote: »
    Amazing it’s such a target.
    Is it known is it a national or international source for the attack ?

No idea, Brian. Afaik, some software registered a load of accounts and spammed a load of accounts here with spam. And then there's DDOS attacks where they keep accessing the site and deny legitimate users from accessing it.

Probably some young lad in his jocks in his mothers basement bored out of his mind looking for something to do.

Water John wrote: »
    Are they mostly working from home still? That shouldn't affect answering the phone. I'll run over the road and knock on the door to wake them up.

Would the ASTI ever cop on? The other two unions cooperate but they whinge on a constant basis. The sacrafices and risks so many others have taken in dealing with this emergency, would they get over themselves? Let's see what the schools opening proposals are and then analyse.

We need a proper minister for education. Richard Bruton went in there and sorted everything out years ago. No minister since has put their foot down and dealt with the unions.

We need a proper minister for education. Richard Bruton went in there and sorted everything out years ago. No minister since has put their foot down and dealt with the unions.

What the hell were they thinking giving education to a completly new green minister, she wasn’t even a TD before

Shows they’re not taking it serious.

Seeing lots of parents online already giving out abkut the schools saying they’ve had months to be ready. The god damn recommendations were just released this morning. That gives 4 weeks to have it done. Be hard to see it ready by sept 1.

Foley was a teacher, whether that helps or not. I can understand the fluid situation as we learn more about the virus. Main problem in many schools will be hiring extra teachers, if allowed.

Water John wrote: »
    Foley was a teacher, whether that helps or not. I can understand the fluid situation as we learn more about the virus. Main problem in many schools will be hiring extra teachers, if allowed.

James Reilly was an experienced GP amd probably the worst and most hated minister for health ever.

Being a teacher isn’t a qualification to run all of the education system never mind during a crisis like this.

• Advertisement

Jan o Sullivan was a teacher too she was crap, Joe mc Hugh was a teacher he was crap......the whole leaving cert disaster was terrible. It's not the teachers that are the problem its the unions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement