Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,516 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

See the head of failte Ireland resigned after going to Italy on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Wildsurfer

whelan2 wrote: »

You would have to wonder what some people do be thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭50HX

Wildsurfer wrote: »
    You would have to wonder what some people do be thinking.

Not much by the looks of it for a 6 figure salary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

This story has boiled my piss.

A monumentally stupid thing to do. Absolute braindead individual. How do lads like this get to where they are? The mind boggles. Rightly stepped down. More can be said for the other numbnuts Cummings in England.

I wonder did he think no one would find out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

This story has boiled my piss.

The only other time I heard that expression was from a friend who suffered with interstitial cystitis and was wearing a urine bag. He was invited on a free Greek holiday by a chap whose marriage had recently broken up and had a holiday flight ticket going spare. While pondering whether he should accept or not, he said he was afraid his bag of piss would boil in the heat out there. (hope he is not reading this).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

I wonder did he think no one would find out

These boys live in the parallel universe of RTE, the golf club, the right accent, going to the right schools, upper civil service, 100k + pension, etc. They are mostly immune to common sense.

Who said it there, at the time of the banking collapse back in 2008/9 - the Irish banks were run by “faintly dim, ex-rugby players”?

Every likelihood this tourism guy is a member of, or at least well connected to, FG, FF, or possibly Labour. You could probably add Greens to that group too now.

(I’m not a Sinn Fein supporter before anyone says it 😆)

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

He was Chairman not CEO, so probably on a small stipend for his role. Yes, he had to go and he should have made the call to the Minister, not the other way round.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Water John wrote: »
    He was Chairman not CEO, so probably on a small stipend for his role. Yes, he had to go and he should have made the call to the Minister, not the other way round.

hes also a board member of ryanair...so probably didn't even pay for the flights

He didn't want to disappoint his family, ffs most people who had holidays booked have cancelled them. Disappointing everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

He didn't want to disappoint his family, ffs most people who had holidays booked have cancelled them. Disappointing everyone
    And lost a lot of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭straight

I'm sure he'll get a job on an expert group or the like. No fear you will see him sent out to you from the farm relief anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭peterofthebr

so any of you object to people out doing jobs on their tractor on a sunday? ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Sure aren't most places open on a Sunday now anyway, so don't see why you'd single farming out. Tradition says it was always the 'rest day' but tradition also says we should all be having a dip in a lake tonight as there's a cure in the waters on the Feast of the Assumption. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭148multi

?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

No more than I object to people working in hospitals, fire services, gardai, or other essential services. Why the question?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭straight

I could do without all the shopping centres being open on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Nope, why you ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Sure aren't most places open on a Sunday now anyway, so don't see why you'd single farming out. Tradition says it was always the 'rest day' but tradition also says we should all be having a dip in a lake tonight as there's a cure in the waters on the Feast of the Assumption. :pac:

Currently watching Jurassic World, no way I'm going snorkeling in a pond tonight after watching that.. the Feast of Assumption can wait for another year. 🙂

NcdJd wrote: »
    Currently watching Jurassic World, no way I'm going snorkeling in a pond tonight after watching that.. the Feast of Assumption can wait for another year. ��

Ah go on! :D

I only got down to the lake here after half nine. Mobbed all day with families, social distancing my hole.

• Advertisement

Ah go on! :D

I only got down to the lake here after half nine. Mobbed all day with families, social distancing my hole.

I can't swim. I could go in as far as my wellie line. After that I'd probably drown. I'm one of those people that naturally sink to the bottom. Must have lead in my veins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,489 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Not really.

The firing range two fields across operates on a Sunday so the hum of a tractor is preferable to BANG BANG.
    BANG BANG. BANG BANG.

Don't like working on a Sunday though if preferable take the day off.
    There's six other days for farm work.

I can't swim. I could go in as far as my wellie line. After that I'd probably drown. I'm one of those people that naturally sink to the bottom. Must have lead in my veins.

Am pretty much the same...

Wishing now I could swim, as kids have come along and they absolutely love the water...

Am pretty much the same...

Wishing now I could swim, as kids have come along and they absolutely love the water...

No swimming pools about where i grew up and we only got to go to the seaside once a year even though the beach is only 5 miles away. I would love to learn though. On my bucket list.

No swimming pools about where i grew up and we only got to go to the seaside once a year even though the beach is only 5 miles away. I would love to learn though. On my bucket list.

Grandparents place was less than that distance from the sea - and we would have been there at least once a week and we never went to the beach...

Missus is from Cavan, maybe 2 hour spin from the beach - and they went a lot more often when they were growing up :)

Like that - it’s a bucket list one...

Can't swim either, & the worst thing is, that lake beside me has swimming lessons every year:pac: Wear a lifejacket for kayaking alright, wouldn't dream of going out without it.

Can't swim either, & the worst thing is, that lake beside me has swimming lessons every year:pac: Wear a lifejacket for kayaking alright, wouldn't dream of going out without it.

That's mad ya do kayaking and can't swim. I've a friend of mine thats always off kayaking and thought you needed to be able to swim to do it.

That's mad ya do kayaking and can't swim. I've a friend of mine thats always off kayaking and thought you needed to be able to swim to do it.

Well it probably would help if I lost the lifejacket somehow but I'd not be going anywhere too crazy on the kayak, just local lakes. Bit of respect for the water & don't act the flute is a help too! Happy enough pottering around the lakes here & always let someone know when I'm going etc.
    Have gone sea kayaking & loved it but was always with strong swimmers in a group or pair, wouldn't go out alone at that craic. They made me do the whole turning over in the kayak thing to make sure I wasn't going to panic & forget how to undo the spray deck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I kayak with a lad that can't swim either.
    He has absolutely no fear of the water and has 100% faith in his gear.
    In truth, with the flotation gear on You're doing more clambering about that swimming when you get dipped!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

An agriculture thread broadening out to include mariculture.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement