Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s only viewed if there is a spot inspection or a complaint

"I'd left €50 in the ashtray for emergencies & now it's gone!" *

*If you fail despite a 'tip' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Moving the mobile broadband about to different locations last week to try and get some decent reliable connection.

I’m not quite sure it’s IP66 waterproof but it will be interesting to see if it survives tonight 🤔

https://ibb.co/cr0k2Bh

I guess if we don't hear from ya today we can assume Ellen is off trying to get good reception somewhere now with yer gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I guess if we don't hear from ya today we can assume Ellen is off trying to get good reception somewhere now with yer gear?

Very little wind overnight, we’re sheltered from the south which is where all the recent storms have come from.

The outdoor broadband has worked well. Getting fairly steady 8-12mb down now rather than 1-2 which was consistently disconnecting.

Just need to sort a waterproof box now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Very little wind overnight, we’re sheltered from the south which is where all the recent storms have come from.

The outdoor broadband has worked well. Getting fairly steady 8-12mb down now rather than 1-2 which was consistently disconnecting.

Just need to sort a waterproof box now.

could you get an external aerial and keep the modem indoors?

, that's what we're doing here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Two spring scholarships on offer at Salesian Agricultural College, Pallaskenry

https://www.irishexaminer.com/farming/arid-40032677.html

https://salesianag.ie/keenan-an-alltech-company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

orm0nd wrote: »

Brian's plan is actually the best assuming he can protect it from the elements. The shorter the leads on the antenna the better as a lot of signal is lost in the cables.

Tried it and couldn’t get anything.

emaherx wrote: »
    Brian's plan is actually the best assuming he can protect it from the elements. The shorter the leads on the antenna the better as a lot of signal is lost in the cables.

It’s a compromise no doubt
    Currently the router is adjacent to the front door where the WiFi is then picked up by a repeater throughout the house.

Like you say.
    Keeping damp out will be the challenge now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Only if you buy sh1te on amazon or ebay or accept crap that's available here. Nothing more than 2 untuned bits of tin foil in a plastic box with crap Chinese coaxial cable.

We imported high gain receiving aerials with low loss cables. No comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Picked 6 mineral buckets of cooking apples this morning. Thsnk you storm Ellen....

• Advertisement

Only if you buy sh1te on amazon or ebay or accept crap that's available here. Nothing more than 2 untuned bits of tin foil in a plastic box with crap Chinese coaxial cable.

We imported high gain receiving aerials with low loss cables. No comparison.

The shortest possible antenna cable should always be used, even your low loss cable has signal loss, which increases with the length of the cable. Look at any fixed wireless provider they always put their receiving equipment up a pole usually integrated with the antenna.

It’s a compromise no doubt
    Currently the router is adjacent to the front door where the WiFi is then picked up by a repeater throughout the house.

Like you say.
    Keeping damp out will be the challenge now.

How are you providing power to the router? If its a cable coming form the house you'd be better off running an ethernet cable to an access point instead of using a WiFi repeater. You could use the ethernet cable to power your router also with some passive POE injectors.

There are of course external routers available also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Put down some parsley earlier in the year so me father said I'll get two cauliflowers to make some parsley sauce to go with it. He comes in to me with the parsley and saucepan and asks me can I make it. I said i thought you were making it. Anyway I was in the middle of doing something so he start giving out about the wasting good parsley. Went up to get a coffee and the parsley is boiling away in the pot with the cauliflowers. When I looked at him he said it's good for you I'm not throwing that out.

Dawns on me that we are as rough as a bag of cats.

How are you providing power to the router? If its a cable coming form the house you'd be better off running an ethernet cable to an access point instead of using a WiFi repeater. You could use the ethernet cable to power your router also with some passive POE injectors.

There are of course external routers available also.

I’m getting the same speed from the extended as they router has so no loss. Ethernet cable would be difficult to run considering where my power is coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or cry.
    More than 80 people, including the Agriculture Minister, senators and TDs attended a golf function in a hotel in breach of public health guidelines just a day after the Government announced new lockdown measures to stop the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40035389.html

So, who's next up for the hottest ministry in Ireland?

Wtf is going on in some peoples heads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Odelay

Are these guys with it at all? Do they have any understanding of what the taxpayer is coping with?

One rule for them and another for everyone else. Hope there was no one with covid present :pac:

whelan2 wrote: »
    One rule for them and another for everyone else. Hope there was no one with covid present :pac:

if he's that thick would you want him as minister of agriculture.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Tis grand!

They were in two rooms and listening to Nessun Dorma.

• Advertisement

I'd say Barry Cowen will get a good laugh out of that. Everyone else being expected to follow the guidelines and these clowns off at a golf doo flouting the restrictions. Hope the whingy fcker gets the boot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

NcdJd wrote: »
    I'd say Barry Cowen will get a good laugh out of that. Everyone else being expected to follow the guidelines and these clowns off at a golf doo flouting the restrictions. Hope the whingy fcker gets the boot.

Yes because it was wrong what was done to cowen . He had served his sentence for let’s face it barely over the limit . Think it might have been his lady friend in the car was the problem .

Yes because it was wrong what was done to cowen . He had served his sentence for let’s face it barely over the limit . Think it might have been his lady friend in the car was the problem .

Hold on now, he was driving on a provisional licence which he shouldn't have been doing. Bad and all as the drink driving was he never said why he was still on at provisional licence at nearly 50 years of age

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

It must be great to be able to keep the right side of the laws of the land all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

whelan2 wrote: »
    Couples have cancelled weddings because the numbers were reduced to 50 for indoor gatherings. He said he made a mistake, ffs he knew what he was doing and hoped he would get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The really stupid part is if they thought nobody would know.

ruwithme wrote: »
    It must be great to be able to keep the right side of the laws of the land all the time.

Well if you're going to break them don't do it in public

• Registered Users Posts: 11,265 ✭✭✭✭Base price

ruwithme wrote: »
    He is a Minister in the Government that have issued strict guidelines on social gatherings and he gave choose to ignore them. That is not a good example for any TD or Minister to make. Why should the rest of us adhere to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Base price wrote: »
    He is a Minister in the Government that have issued strict guidelines on social gatherings and he gave choose to ignore them. That is not a good example for any TD or Minister to make. Why should the rest of us adhere to them.

Tbh it looks like the vox populus here is calling for his head

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058106295/1

As much as this lot needs a really good kick up the arse - I dislike the nearly now standard trial by social media beloved of certain factions....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Tis grand!

They were in two rooms and listening to Nessun Dorma.

as in "Nero fiddles while Rome burns"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement