Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Calleary has resigned now........ you couldn't make it up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

wrangler wrote: »

Who’s up next for the job? :)

Who’s up next for the job? :)

Jackie Cahill will get it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

He had to go.

Question is can the government last after something like this.

Will the greens or fg have the kahunas to pull the plug ?

Will FG get a better chance to get back as a majority ? Or would calling and election now just drove all the votes left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Jackie Cahill will get it yet

would he want it... would anyone want it....!! i think the moment has come to appoint who we all know should be the min for ag..... Larry G.. :)

• Advertisement

would he want it... would anyone want it....!! i think the moment has come to appoint who we all know should be the min for ag..... Larry G.. :)

Calleary should resign as TD as well after giving the finger to all of us who adhere to the guidelines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Check this out on Agriland - Dara Calleary has resigned as Minister for Agriculture https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/dara-calleary-has-resigned-as-minister-for-agriculture/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Tileman

Yep 2 good potential ministers for Ag gone in 2 months. Big loss with cap reform etc.
    Don’t think the next one will be strong so will be a loss for ag .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Check this out on Agriland - Dara Calleary has resigned as Minister for Agriculture https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/dara-calleary-has-resigned-as-minister-for-agriculture/

Are the greens angling for agriculture I wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭DBK1

Calleary should resign as TD as well after giving the finger to all of us who adhere to the guidelines
    Will big Phil and all the senators that were in attendance have to resign now as well? Surely Dara has set a precedent that they’ll all have to follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

This is a FF seat so presumably FF will fill it again......and again.....and...

It’s a rare occasion that I agree with wrangler but this guy is still taking €100k plus expenses and has zero credibility or moral authority to represent the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,779 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Dara has done the right thing and got out in front of the rest of the posse that was in attendance. The pressure is now mounted on the remaining attendees and what they come out with as the day continues. I have a feeling this could be enough to bring the government down as it has been on the Shakey legs form the outset and with covid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Strange times- used be health was the poison chalice. Now it’s agriculture.

Definitely weakens the office with all the changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

You'd think after all the publicity about him being overlooked for a ministerial position and then getting the job that he would keep his slate clean. Hope he enjoyed the meal the other night

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

So, the Minister for Ag can’t obey his own rules, the ICBF can’t use a calculator, and Bord Bia can’t be clear or impartial...

Imagine if a farmer was as incompetent as any of these well-paid suits???

It’s hard not to cynical sometimes

Edit: the IFA should be all over this too. The dairy and beef committees need to step in re ICBF and grass-fed beef, and Tim needs to do more than say Tut, Tut at the end of news articles in the Journal.

I’ll be phoning our county chair this morning asking him to push HQ more on this.

Remember that ICBF, Bord Bia, and the IFA are all getting levies from farmers.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

whelan2 wrote: »
    You'd think after all the publicity about him being overlooked for a ministerial position and then getting the job that he would keep his slate clean. Hope he enjoyed the meal the other night

I'd say he had fcukall interest the brief either. Still idiotic

Apparently he doesn't even play golf. Another lad there Clifton was supposed to be adhering to an orange weather alert of no unnecessary travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

There a few weeks back when masks in shops were just made mandatory. Leo went to Lahinch. The place was heaving, he went into every shop without a mask. No word about it anywhere.

When he pulled into lahinch and saw the crowds, and he should have said, I can’t physical distance here so I’m going home. Calleary should have done the same.

They spend a fortune daily to rent a conference centre for a dail sitting that is always empty and then expect local communities shut down and schools squeeze into what they have.

They genuinely don’t care. It’s grab what they can.

It’s a republic- all people are equal. This proves some are more equal than others.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Any bets on who will be the next Min Of Agri.......Richard Boyd Barrett, Paul Murphy, Luke Ming Flanagan....The Easter Bunny, Daisy The Cow.....??

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

It's just such a avoidable and unnecessary thing what happened. All they had to do was play the golf, do the presentation outside and not have the dinner and few pints afterwards. What the f were they thinking.

Any bets on who will be the next Min Of Agri.......Richard Boyd Barrett, Paul Murphy, Luke Ming Flanagan....The Easter Bunny, Daisy The Cow.....??

McConalogue possibly

I haven't much going on for the next 2 weeks.....that's the length of the stint isnt it?

NcdJd wrote: »
    It's just such a avoidable and unnecessary thing what happened. All they had to do was play the golf, do the presentation outside and not have the dinner and few pints afterwards. What the f were they thinking.

These are supposed to be intelligent people. The hotel shouldn't have accepted it either. Who was paying for all this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

These are supposed to be intelligent people. The hotel shouldn't have accepted it either. Who was paying for all this ?

That's what I cant understand. It's like they all collectively had a monumental brain fart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

If the thing stays going odds wouldnt be too far out on the green lady getting bumped up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

gozunda wrote: »
    Are the greens angling for agriculture I wonder...

They can try all they want, they have no chance of getting it. They haven't even got an elected member in the Dail who has a clue about Agriculture never mind represent it at the cabinet table.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

NcdJd wrote: »
    That's what I cant understand. It's like they all collectively had a monumental brain fart.

They don't care, some animals are more equal than others.

I think anyone who listened to Stephen Donnelly rambling about trampolines, car crashes and every house in the country being unruly have contended on that these people aren’t intelligent.

• Advertisement

They can try all they want, they have no chance of getting it. They haven't even got an elected member in the Dail who has a clue about Agriculture never mind represent it at the cabinet table.

Amd sher not having a clue never stopped anyone getting a ministry, what qualification has Stephen Donnelly to get the health ?? Unless I’m missing something he has none.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement