Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Big Phil gets pulled for driving on his mobile phone. And got a warning?? I was informed by a garda that there was no avenue available to him to undee what had been seen?? Is Garda discretion still a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Jjameson wrote: »
    Big Phil gets pulled for driving on his mobile phone. And got a warning?? I was informed by a garda that there was no avenue available to him to undee what had been seen?? Is Garda discretion still a thing?

My father had the same wondering about the Guards.
    It's not that long ago that Mick Wallace was pulled over and the Alan Shatter disclosure and all that controversy in the courts.

Gwan. I heard he was your godfather.. :p

The guards are getting form for this.
    On their Twitter account they all but name the individuals involved.
    They were very quick to share information about stopping a middle aged couple in Cork in a car in the early days of Covid and the woman proclaiming that she was ok as she had the virus.. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

That will be a good one to bring up next January when Brexit in whatever form is sorted.

Phils time is up but I doubt he'll go anywhere till January at the earliest.

A Commissioner that is familiar with the peculiarities of negotiations with GB is invaluable to Ireland right now and very valuable to the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

Would friends in high places have any input ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Reading through the thurnberg thread there and watching a horror film on rte at the same time. I just got an image in my head of putting a can of green diesel in my tractor and out comes 10 greta thurnbergs from the hedge walk slowly towards me saying "you ruined my childhood your gonna die"

Need to go to bed i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭GNWoodd

Gwan. I heard he was your godfather.. :p

The guards are getting form for this.
    On their Twitter account they all but name the individuals involved.
    They were very quick to share information about stopping a middle aged couple in Cork in a car in the early days of Covid and the woman proclaiming that she was ok as she had the virus.. :o

Wonder how many of them were at the Clifden dinner ? In an official or unofficial capacity
    Has the Commissioner been asked for a statement ?

GNWoodd wrote: »
    Wonder how many of them were at the Clifden dinner ? In an official or unofficial capacity
    Has the Commissioner been asked for a statement ?

You'd wonder where the EU trade Commissioners EU appointed military trained driver was?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You'd wonder where the EU trade Commissioners EU appointed military trained driver was?

The bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

That will be a good one to bring up next January when Brexit in whatever form is sorted.

A Commissioner that is familiar with the peculiarities of negotiations with GB is invaluable to Ireland right now and very valuable to the EU.

Unfortunately many people don’t see it like that. It’s all very well sacking people but if you don’t have a competent replacement what’s the point.
    Some really big negotiations are upcoming and we could seriously get a raw deal if we do have all our ducks in s row.

Unfortunately many people don’t see it like that. It’s all very well sacking people but if you don’t have a competent replacement what’s the point.
    Some really big negotiations are upcoming and we could seriously get a raw deal if we do have all our ducks in s row.

I see no reason to have any confidence in this buffoon. He was happy enough for Irish beef farmers to take a hit for the sake of European car manufacturers. And the root cause of the enormous Irish water mess. Unrepentant arrogance and narcissism will do little for us in brexit. (Which is never going to be a conclusive agreement in any case as trade agreements will always be fluid and perpetual with our nearest neighbours and trade partners)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭Suckler

I'd love to see him walk the plank but as much as it grates on me, now is not the time. Possibly a case of cutting of your nose to spite your face to get rid and sooth the mob.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

jaysus lads.... i know Phil acted the bollocks and the rest of em were no better..... we had a fine gael td mouthing off bout sinnfein in the paper yest.... over on twitter there is some rubbish topics trending... plenty of people spouting ****e whhich is all twitter is good for..... twitter is about as far removed from real life as u could get

any of the above in reality are very small small small things to be bothering us...

if ye want to see real life and real suffering... go to moville parish church and click on the webcam.... three coffins at the top of the church.. 7 priests and a family who just cant believe whats happening or has happened......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

I see no reason to have any confidence in this buffoon. He was happy enough for Irish beef farmers to take a hit for the sake of European car manufacturers. And the root cause of the enormous Irish water mess. Unrepentant arrogance and narcissism will do little for us in brexit. (Which is never going to be a conclusive agreement in any case as trade agreements will always be fluid and perpetual with our nearest neighbours and trade partners)

Couldn’t disagree with your description of him but it’s the position he holds right now. Is it beneficial to have in place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I’ve been stopped a couple of times myself when on the phone, got a bollocking and sent on my way, and nothing further

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Panch18 wrote: »
    I’ve been stopped a couple of times myself when on the phone, got a bollocking and sent on my way, and nothing further

Same with the party in clifden, all this fuss and you get any number of house parties in any town in Ireland, even the ones that were supposed to be in lockdown.
    It's time now to stop this childish whataboutery and concentrate on Brexit, Covid, and The new CAP Reform

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

A very high profile civil servant was driving through our road a few years back. He was on his mobile phone and he knocked down and very nearly killed a relative of mine. She was fairly old at the time. Even after that accident, he could still be seen on the phone driving up and down the road.
    I was in the local COOP one day and he sat into his jeep, swung around and tore open the side of a pallet of fertiliser. He just kept going.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

In recent post mick Wallace times?
    My only points came from being caught last dec 12 months and I’ve never heard of anyone being stopped and being let off since bar yourself and Phil!

• Advertisement

In recent post mick Wallace times?
    My only points came from being caught last dec 12 months and I’ve never heard of anyone being stopped and being let off since bar yourself and Phil!

Twice since 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Nearly got arrested in the North for doing it. Had to get an address from a mate so they could send my court summons. If I couldn't provide the address, I was getting lifted till someone came with the bail money!!

Twice since 2017

Your jammy out. 3 points it is and they stick for 3 years. 12 licence is gone.

Your jammy out. 3 points it is and they stick for 3 years. 12 licence is gone.

Oh i know - couldn't believe it either time.

Whether they had something else on their minds or not at the time i don't know, but i wasn't complaining!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was at a soccer game tonight. Daughter plays in the senior ladies team she is 16. No available hand sanitizer, no temperature checks. Massive players on the other team. Referee seemed afraid of some of them. Strangest game I was ever at. One of the other players got a yellow card and my daughter smiled, her marker shouted I'll wipe that smile off your face. :eek: We won.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Rapid response paramedic followed by fire brigade just flew past here, I can hear sirens in the distance which I presume is ambulance or guards.

Hopefully whoever is in trouble will be OK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭coolshannagh28

Couldn’t disagree with your description of him but it’s the position he holds right now. Is it beneficial to have in place

Big Phil apparently is a very personable individual , however its now a political football ; FF looking to take either him or Woulfe out because of their FG affiliations in revenge for Calleary ,and Martin maybe not pulling the strings.

orm0nd wrote: »
    Rapid response paramedic followed by fire brigade just flew past here, I can hear sirens in the distance which I presume is ambulance or guards.

Hopefully whoever is in trouble will be OK

Always sends a chill down the spine.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Big push to get lawn mowed last night and ground is in a jock.

Doesn’t look well for bales still to be made, probably 45 bales of stuff to be lifted 😔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Big Phil apparently is a very personable individual , however its now a political football ; FF looking to take either him or Woulfe out because of their FG affiliations in revenge for Calleary ,and Martin maybe not pulling the strings.

Not making any political point here but I can tell you, he's not. Also both MM and LV called for him to consider his position, in a joint statement. This is not about tit for tat, simply trying to get ahead, at this stage of the breakdown of public trust upon which implementation of Covid guidelines and regs depend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement