Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

This Farming life on BBC2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Are many of yer kids back to school yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »

Next week

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Next week

Is she starting primary?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Is she starting primary?

1st class

I'm getting old

Reggie. wrote: »
    1st class

I'm getting old

No way... daughter was getting fitted for pe uniform last week and they asked was she going into first year. She's going in to 5th year after doing ty. She has her mother's young looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

My Kids back to school tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how it goes

Ye hard to know. But they need to get back too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Thursday

Young lad in for a day next Tuesday in first year then off until 8th , daughter in 4th Sept and back in fulltime on 8th. Eldest back to college on 30th September

• Registered Users Posts: 21,411 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Most schools have done a lot of works in the last few weeks. Local NS starting Thurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Young lassie starting 2nd year on Monday next.
    Five pages of instructions on everything from staggered lunch times, different exits and entrances for different groups, how to climb stairs (!)
    masks, eating lunch, not allowed buy stuff from shop near school gate, all lunch rubbish/wrappers to be brought home, each class to have allocated areas in grounds at lunchtime with no mixing between classes etc, etc...

Water John wrote: »
    Most schools have done a lot of works in the last few weeks. Local NS starting Thurs.

Principal in local primary school has been really busy confirmation, confessions, communion. Getting everything together for back to school. A few teachers that haven't been heard from since lockdown emailing that they dont feel it's safe to come back ...

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Young lassie starting 2nd year on Monday next.
    Five pages of instructions on everything from staggered lunch times, different exits and entrances for different groups, how to climb stairs (!)
    masks, eating lunch, not allowed buy stuff from shop near school gate, all lunch rubbish/wrappers to be brought home, each class to have allocated areas in grounds at lunchtime with no mixing between classes etc, etc...

We got 9 pages....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We got 9 pages....

There were no pictures or "colouring in" on our one.... :D

Leaving cert is back Friday, 6th class next Wednesday.

Principal in local primary school has been really busy confirmation, confessions, communion. Getting everything together for back to school. A few teachers that haven't been heard from since lockdown emailing that they dont feel it's safe to come back ...

Principals are earning their money these days. Awful lot to prepare in a very short time and then dealing with usual staff issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

tanko wrote: »
    This Farming life on BBC2 now.

Our yorkshire farm on channel 5 now, well worth watching if only for the feral children ........ and the wife of course

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

Just saw on the news that the Greens have made a statement re Hogan that according to RTE ramps up the pressure on the EU to remove him.

I’d say Von Der Leyen is as worried about Eamon Ryan as the big guns in Europe are about the return of Waterford United to the European soccer scene.

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Is there many non Irish tourists in the country?

Was down by the coast this evening and met from a distance a cohort of German tourists in a camper van.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Even tho I was a teacher for nearly 10 years.. I would find it hard to defend any teacher who goes on with the nonsense of it not being safe to go back to school.... gardai and nurses etc have got on with there jobs in much more difficult circumstances... teachers must do the same..... and if they don’t.. there pay should be stopped straight away....

Even tho I was a teacher for nearly 10 years.. I would find it hard to defend any teacher who goes on with the nonsense of it not being safe to go back to school.... gardai and nurses etc have got on with there jobs in much more difficult circumstances... teachers must do the same..... and if they don’t.. there pay should be stopped straight away....

Was at football the other day. Was talking to a nurse she has been working since lockdown. Has her own health issues. She was saying an sna was in the hospital complaining about the implications of going back to work. She said she blew a fuse. We all have to deal with it and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

I think it’s a few very vocal. Most of us are dying to get back. I never became a teacher to be online. It is difficult and a way bigger workload than being in the classroom. I do feel it will be a very difficult situation for all involved, teenagers are difficult at the best of time’s but we just need to work together to get over the next year or two.

We need to get back and stay back. Be prepared for rolling closures but keeping the system going.

I coach u11s and you can see it in them this year that they are missing structure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Siamsa Sessions

wrangler wrote: »
    Our yorkshire farm on channel 5 now, well worth watching if only for the feral children ........ and the wife of course

Thanks for the tip. Switched it on after seeing your post.

It’s some start for those youngsters. But do you reckon the wife does much when the cameras aren’t around?

Trading as Sullivan’s Farm on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

I think it’s a few very vocal. Most of us are dying to get back. I never became a teacher to be online. It is difficult and a way bigger workload than being in the classroom. I do feel it will be a very difficult situation for all involved, teenagers are difficult at the best of time’s but we just need to work together to get over the next year or two.

We need to get back and stay back. Be prepared for rolling closures but keeping the system going.

I coach u11s and you can see it in them this year that they are missing structure.

This virus is not going away.... NZ had no case for 100 days and now they have had 120 cases in last 2 weeks.... life must go on... a little bit of personal responsibility to minimize the transmission of the virus will go a long way to ensuring that life gets back to normal....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Thanks for the tip. Switched it on after seeing your post.

It’s some start for those youngsters. But do you reckon the wife does much when the cameras aren’t around?

I always watch it, it's one of the best
    She's a wrter and celebrity as well, gives presentations etc, she's at least 20 years younger than him.

https://www.yorkshireshepherdess.com/

• Advertisement

This virus is not going away.... NZ had no case for 100 days and now they have had 120 cases in last 2 weeks.... life must go on... a little bit of personal responsibility to minimize the transmission of the virus will go a long way to ensuring that life gets back to normal....

I mostly agree but we still each need to avoid catching covid.

There Seems a growing body of evidence that covid damages the organs in more ways than initially thought and health issues are possible down the line. One report I read looked at 1000 recovered patients and something like 40% had heart damage akin to a heart attack.

Of the handful of people I know who have tested positive two are having lasting health issues and both were for strong people before it.

We need to get back to doing normal things but maybe in slightly altered ways that keep us safe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement