Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »

Good to see him learning a bit of humility at last..
    And the Garda commissioner needs to step in and make sure he gets the fine and 3 points for using the phone while driving. He needs to really learn hes not above the law or rules of the land..

Moving on from that story I'd say Brian Hayes would need to get his ducks lined up, now that the media have bloodied Hogan they will be looking for fresh quarry.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

_Brian wrote: »
    And the Garda commissioner needs to step in and make sure he gets the fine and 3 points for using the phone while driving. He needs to really learn hes not above the law or rules of the land..

Moving on from that story I'd say Brian Hayes would need to get his ducks lined up, now that the media have bloodied Hogan they will be looking for fresh quarry.

School headmistress in Carlow now is also being targeted on Twitter to resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Phil Hogan resigns - Did he go quietly or did he need a push I wonder?

wrangler wrote: »
    Big job for Coveney now, there'll be no one worthwhile left intact here now

Not if he want's to be Taoiseach

Not if he want's to be Taoiseach

I think you have it.

Leo for Brussels.
    Simon for Taoiseach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

Wrangler and Nekarsulm probably remember this..

On this day in 1940 the Co-op in Campile, Co.Wexford was bombed by a German bomber.

https://twitter.com/tidesntales/status/1298593532425494529?s=20

A second bomber targeted a railway viaduct between Campile and Rosslare harbour. Theories are that the Axis found butter wrappers from Campile in ration bags from the British soldiers in Dunkirk and this was a firm warning to Ireland and Campile Creamery.
    There's a similar account of it in this week's Ireland's Own.

https://www.irelandsown.ie/the-day-campile-was-bombed-80-years-ago/

There was a dead German pilot washed up in morriscastle beach, and buried in the “sailors hole” in the COI graveyard. Some days before an RAF spitfire crash landed and the pilot was turned into the coast watch, he was sent to the curragh I think. He was the winner of a dog fight not far off land here.

My grandmother told me as a nipper of the house actually shaking with the explosions off the coast. They were a great generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Over the shed

Jjameson wrote: »
    There was a dead German pilot washed up in morriscastle beach, and buried in the “sailors hole” in the COI graveyard. Some days before an RAF spitfire crash landed and the pilot was turned into the coast watch, he was sent to the curragh I think. He was the winner of a dog fight not far off land here.

My grandmother told me as a nipper of the house actually shaking with the explosions off the coast. They were a great generation.

I've never heard that one now.

German bomber crew were buried in the local RC graveyard here but were reinterred to the German War Cemetery in glencree. I think both priest and reverend proceeded over the burial as they wouldn't be sure.

Then there was a farmhouse above Kiltealy was blew up one moonlit night with the loss of a family.

Great people but all unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I wouldn't mind seeing the back of that "banker" lobbyist too!!

We need to hold people to their decisions and actions.

You want your sick kid thrown out the back in a damp dark shed ?? I thought we stopped treating kids like animals back in the 60’s ??

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Over the shed

No that's a different one. That's the isolation pen in a shed outside the school.

This Twitter anger is over the 150 pupils in the hall together for their briefing on the schools religious ethos.

You want your sick kid thrown out the back in a damp dark shed ?? I thought we stopped treating kids like animals back in the 60’s ??

Different one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

FFS it's only while waiting for someone to collect the child, Parent's shouldn't have sent in the child anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Hold on, they were only going to be in there until they were collected. There is trojan work going on in all schools to get kids back. They have to use every inch of space to get kids back. I know some schools wont be doing pe anymore as they are using the gym to put students in. I hate this nit picking of what's being done wrong instead of helping out.

gozunda wrote: »
    Phil Hogan resigns - Did he go quietly or did he need a push I wonder?

I wonder did Ursula have a quiet word?

whelan2 wrote: »
    Hold on, they were only going to be in there until they were collected. There is trojan work going on in all schools to get kids back. They have to use every inch of space to get kids back. I know some schools wont be doing pe anymore as they are using the gym to put students in. I hate this nit picking of what's being done wrong instead of helping out.

Over and over I've said principals have a tough job ahead..

Kid could be waiting a few hours for a parent to get away from work and get to school to collect it..

Auld wooden sheds aren't for kids..

Principal was better holding school closed and make that useless Minister step up and release funding to resolve the problem.. Doing this just treats the kids like chickens and lets the minister off the hook... You can bet if there were blow back over a kid spending a few hours in that shed on a cold wet day, the Minister would throw the Principal under the bus.

FFS it's only while waiting for someone to collect the child, Parent's shouldn't have sent in the child anyway

Kids can go to school fine and get sick there...

Some parents have employment away from home and its not always easy to get away, it could take a few hours easily..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Each school got a budget to make alterations.

Water John wrote: »
    Each school got a budget to make alterations.

I think the big problem is , alot of schools are overcrowded as it is. Our 6th class has 33 in it. We have a new primary school. Luckily we also have a new secondary school opened during the summer so space wont be a problem hopefully.

Over and over I've said principals have a tough job ahead..

Kid could be waiting a few hours for a parent to get away from work and get to school to collect it..

Auld wooden sheds aren't for kids..

Principal was better holding school closed and make that useless Minister step up and release funding to resolve the problem.. Doing this just treats the kids like chickens and lets the minister off the hook... You can bet if there were blow back over a kid spending a few hours in that shed on a cold wet day, the Minister would throw the Principal under the bus.

Conditions at the moment are unprecedented, time for everyone to take a little personal responsibility and have procedures in place to get the infectious kids out of the school quickly. Conditions were much worse years ago (all the time) and everyone survived. A bit of cop on needed.
    We all needed a bit of education as to what's important and I believe this is it.
    People are too far up their own .....s

• Advertisement

I'm just glad they are getting to go back

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I heard the teacher on the radio talking about the wooden shed, she sounded to me to be making a play for more funding on the back of the schools lack of accomodation.
    Doesn't sound like it was a great move, now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Jjameson

I've never heard that one now.

German bomber crew were buried in the local RC graveyard here but were reinterred to the German War Cemetery in glencree. I think both priest and reverend proceeded over the burial as they wouldn't be sure.

Then there was a farmhouse above Kiltealy was blew up one moonlit night with the loss of a family.

Great people but all unnecessary.

http://www.ww2irishaviation.com/44-68079.htm

Conditions at the moment are unprecedented, time for everyone to take a little personal responsibility and have procedures in place to get the infectious kids out of the school quickly. Conditions were much worse years ago (all the time) and everyone survived. A bit of cop on needed.
    We all needed a bit of education as to what's important and I believe this is it.
    People are too far up their own .....s

Not too many adults would put up with being put in a damp dark cold shed when they are feeling unwell.

Why should we accept it for our kids.

Could easily take an hour or two to return from work.

It’s not good enough.

Not too many adults would put up with being put in a damp dark cold shed when they are feeling unwell.

Why should we accept it for our kids.

Could easily take an hour or two to return from work.

It’s not good enough.

How do you ignore (and even defend) all the other poor performance by the Public Service at the moment.

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm just glad they are getting to go back

Kids are apprehensive but looking forward to it.

Youngest is into 6th and worried the restrictions will take the fun out of school. I can appreciate that sentiment, they’re only kids and missed their friends.

Brought my eldest for her first driving lesson in Cavan this evening. Cavan school of motoring.

There were ten driving schools operating out of the Crystal car park when we were there. Booming business now that they are back.

How do you ignore (and even defend) all the other poor performance by the Public Service at the moment.

Same way you moan about it all the time., except now you think sick kids are ok in an auld shed out the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Brought my eldest for her first driving lesson in Cavan this evening. Cavan school of motoring.

There were ten driving schools operating out of the Crystal car park when we were there. Booming business now that they are back.

Did she start in the silage field at home? Had a niece and nephew in my field this summer.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Did she start in the silage field at home? Had a niece and nephew in my field this summer.

Yea in an auld banger..
    I put up white fence posts to drive and reverse through..

Just got her onto car insurance at home this week so will some proper practice in whenever is possible

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement