Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    Same way you moan about it all the time., except now you think sick kids are ok in an auld shed out the back.

They'll get over it, not like the million+ on the hospital waiting lists that mightn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yea in an auld banger..
    I put up white fence posts to drive and reverse through..

Just got her onto car insurance at home this week so will some proper practice in whenever is possible

Great milestone for them. Important they learn early.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭White Clover

Water John wrote: »
    Great milestone for them. Important they learn early.

I taught 3 of my sisters how to drive when they reached 17. They are 9, 8 and 4 years older than me!

I taught 3 of my sisters how to drive when they reached 17. They are 9, 8 and 4 years older than me!

Yea, Ill never forget teaching my older sister in the field in dads car.. Her and my dad only ever roared at each other when they tried so it fell to me

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    They'll get over it, not like the million+ on the hospital waiting lists that mightn't.

Two wrongs don't make a right.. that's Victorian era thinnking. We need to strive for the best in everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

You'll be busy then so

Two wrongs don't make a right.. that's Victorian era thinnking. We need to strive for the best in everything..

Value for money then, in the times that are in it now ,do you spend money on classrooms or an occasionally used room.. The shed will prevent parents using schools as childminders and leave them there till late just for the hell of it. Their little precious in a shed just might encourage them to make an effort

wrangler wrote: »
    Value for money then, in the times that are in it now ,do you spend money on classrooms or an occasionally used room.. The shed will prevent parents using schools as childminders and leave them there till late just for the hell of it. Their little precious in a shed just might encourage them to make an effort

Flabbergasted at this attitude towards children who may have a potentially deadly disease.. it says allot about a person when they are willing to see children mistreated, yet I've seen you boast about being in paper because how you look after animals.. It just says allot, and none of it positive.

I'm just going to mute your responses because I dont care much for your thinking or attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Flabbergasted at this attitude towards children who may have a potentially deadly disease..

Ah here, i the 6 months of the corona virus, I've seen little mention of kids getting it let alone dying from it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,409 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Every farm has a cosy isolation pen for sick animals, nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The Rabbi

Surelysome kind and caring person would donate a caravan to that school.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Water John wrote: »
    Every farm has a cosy isolation pen for sick animals, nuff said.

Put a wee red lamp in the shed for the kids so

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's a stop gap shed. I dont get the argument that parents can be up to an hour away. There is always someone to fall back on to collect a sick child from school. I am sure the school are doing their best. It is what it is. I would have no problem with my kids waiting in the shed while I go to pick them up. Better than standing outside in the rain

whelan2 wrote: »
    It's a stop gap shed. I dont get the argument that parents can be up to an hour away. There is always someone to fall back on to collect a sick child from school. I am sure the school are doing their best. It is what it is. I would have no problem with my kids waiting in the shed while I go to pick them up. Better than standing outside in the rain

Not often we agree eh.
    Parents not having procedures in place for emergencies are probably worse transgressors than that shed.
    I'd imagine that temperature change will be an early indicator and any change will be copped and sent home at the school entrance before the child gets properly sick.

Potentially covid positive child shouldn’t be collected by just anyone, possibly spreading an infection into another household. Gone are the days of grandparents nipping in to collect a kid if it’s showing covid symptoms.

Potentially covid positive child shouldn’t be collected by just anyone, possibly spreading an infection into another household. Gone are the days of grandparents nipping in to collect a kid if it’s showing covid symptoms.

Sure leave them with the teacher so, making sure the school is closed

We are in a pandemic. Nit picking over a garden shed is very trivial imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭straight

That's half the trouble with people now. They're gone too soft and delicate, both physically and mentally. Hardship builds coping mechanisms and immunity, etc.

straight wrote: »
    That's half the trouble with people now. They're gone too soft and delicate, both physically and mentally. Hardship builds coping mechanisms and immunity, etc.
    Was talking to a nurse last week. It's 30 years since she started training. At that time the nuns were in charge. One of the first jobs they had was to go to the morgue and fix up a body after a post mortem. You darent ask a student on their first few weeks into training to do that now

• Advertisement

Was talking to a nurse last week. It's 30 years since she started training. At that time the nuns were in charge. One of the first jobs they had was to go to the morgue and fix up a body after a post mortem. You darent ask a student on their first few weeks into training to do that now

Is that all mortuary attendance work now ?
    Not sure all nurses should be going the degree route as it seems to have placed them above some of their previous basic care responsibilities. I can see some may need it but basic care is the cornerstone of any hospital stay. Feeding, cleaning and comforting patients is a basic thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭straight

People are too sheltered now. I don't hide dead calves, dogs or whatever from my kids and they couldn't care less. I would say the deaths affect me alot worse. Kids just move on to something more exciting. Although I have one 6 year old that's a bit too interested in examining the dead animals. He could turn out to be a serial killer yet I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

People are too sheltered now. I don't hide dead calves, dogs or whatever from my kids and they couldn't care less. I would say the deaths affect me alot worse. Kids just move on to something more exciting. Although I have one 6 year old that's a bit too interested in examining the dead animals. He could turn out to be a serial killer yet I'd say.

I did that too, still do. Just a fascination with how things work & are put together.
    And I totally got over that serial killing phase :P

With shedgate, I dunno which side I'm on. Like I'm sure there could have been something better put together or sourced but if needs must, it would only be for a short while. Our local school was prefabs til you hit 2nd class & the roofs/windows leaked, heating was iffy, no wheelchair access as they were raised on concrete with steps up to them. I would have thought that things like that were in the past but if the funding still isn't there, what can you do?
    Instead of making a song & dance about it, couldn't parents/teachers/community all chip in or fundraise for a better temporary structure. Would be far more productive than becoming outraged and demanding better.

I’d completely agree, kids need to experience both ends of life.
    Except when a kid is sick, sticking it in an auld damp shed out the back isn’t right.

Schools were given 3 weeks to adhere to the departments back to school plan. 3 weeks, apparently they are supposed to get 3 quotes for any work needing to be done. There is only so much can be done in 3 weeks and if a garden shed is part of the stop gap measures so be it. There are bigger issues to get your back up about going on in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭DBK1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭DBK1

Hold on, they were only going to be in there until they were collected. There is trojan work going on in all schools to get kids back. They have to use every inch of space to get kids back. I know some schools wont be doing pe anymore as they are using the gym to put students in. I hate this nit picking of what's being done wrong instead of helping out.
    I have to say I agree completely. I have 2 kids in school and if that’s the way it turns out in their schools then so be it, they won’t die for the while they’d be waiting. If parents aren’t happy they could always group together to fund a better facility instead of just complaining and looking for everything to be done for them.

DBK1 wrote: »

I have read it. She does have a very valid reason to be in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

This cancel culture is getting tiresome at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Is that from the mothers side, I wonder?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement