Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

DBK1 wrote: »

The knives are out for her already

Have read the article and it seems to me that she did nothing wrong and is still in isolation after returning.

I hate this witch hunt crap - like there are plenty of arguments to be had about the success, or lack thereof, of Bord Bia and there should be discussion had about her performance as CEO of that body as such

But this mass hysteria of nothing to do with the job is quite sickening for me.

Asses and judge people on the job they have done or are doing - all the rest is just bull

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Panch18 wrote: »

Have read the article and it seems to me that she did nothing wrong and is still in isolation after returning.

I hate this witch hunt crap - like there are plenty of arguments to be had about the success, or lack thereof, of Bord Bia and there should be discussion had about her performance as CEO of that body as such

Asses and judge people on the job they have done or are doing - all the rest is just bull

She gave notice and seemed up front abkut it.
    Continued to work while there.

I suppose the question is did the whole family need to go to care for the MIL ?

It’s probably a bit like Big Phill, people he crossed and screwed over down the years and got away with it took the opportunity to pike on the pressure. Often these people don’t get to top positions without walking over others on their way, can’t comment abkut this lady but Phill definitely just seemed to make too many enemies along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭farmersfriend

Our kids have to wait nearly an hour in the evening for the bus, they would love a garden shed to shelter in

• Registered Users Posts: 11,488 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Can we blame the Vegan, Smallholding Ireland Twitter camp, the tofu early riser Leo, Ella Darragh McSweeney, Irish Times, Sharon Rte, the ban live export reporter for Agriland...crowd yet for these witch hunts?

Is there a secret handshake?

Our kids have to wait nearly an hour in the evening for the bus, they would love a garden shed to shelter in

And they are sick every evening ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭roosterman71

_Brian wrote: »
    Moving on from that story I'd say Brian Hayes would need to get his ducks lined up, now that the media have bloodied Hogan they will be looking for fresh quarry.

It's this lad I want to see out next. Allegedly he was at the dinner in Galway with 3 guests. The 3 guests are members of 3 different vulture funds. All there to try get a judge on side allegedly.

Personal info incoming. I've been battling a vulture fund for years now, and a recent case was won by another party where hearsay is not admissible as evidence. It was a turning point in my process as all they had is hearsay. But lo and behold, as part of emergency Covid legislation a few weeks ago, the government added an amendment to allow hearsay in court. Was nothing to do with Covid, and was passed without debate as the house had agreed that all Covid legislation should pass through without it to speed up the process. Now, I'm banjaxed and guaranteed to lose. And this Hayes lad is then bringing funds to dinners to rub shoulders with judges. Corrupt as **** and I am fuming

She should be OK. Seemed legitimate and is following the guidelines. Be gas if she came out and told people to **** off with themselves when she did nothing wrong. Or are they gonna sack everyone off on their holidays to Spain and the like when they come back.

Can we blame the Vegan, Smallholding Ireland Twitter camp, the tofu early riser Leo, Ella Darragh McSweeney, Irish Times, Sharon Rte, the ban live export reporter for Agriland...crowd yet for these witch hunts?

Is there a secret handshake?

I like the small holder twitter account 90% of the time.

I do think letting EFI a free reign on the account for a week was a mistake though. I think that person does try not to let their vegan views through but it’s obvious there is an agenda there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭DBK1

I agree with what your saying, I’m definitely not out for a witch hunt anyway, just trying to predict who’ll be the next target people will latch onto.

One thing about having the press chasing up the actions of public officials is it will tighten up the crap they get up to.
    The more they fear being the centre of a witch hunt the less likely they are to mess about.

In the absence of other forms of accountability it will work.

However there is also the risk of the “French Revolution effect” where the thirst for blood and vested interests can result in innocent people being targeted.

The solution to avoiding that is actual oversight and reprecussions for those in public office. If they are unhappy with the witch hunt scenario they need to have a proper independent functioning system of accountability.

I like the small holder twitter account 90% of the time.

I do think letting EFI a free reign on the account for a week was a mistake though. I think that person does try it to let their vegan views through but it’s obvious there is an agenda there.

The person who started the account made their views perfectly known after that week.

None of them were pretty.

I used to follow them too. I tend to follow positive people who can show by example and show merit in what they do.

• Advertisement

The person who started the account made their views perfectly known after that week.

None of them were pretty.

I used to follow them too. I tend to follow positive people who can show by example and show merit in what they do.

The account is nearly all positive with nearly all great hosts. Typically the background views don’t come through.

Small holding and more intensive farming don’t need to be at odds.

I agree with what your saying, I’m definitely not out for a witch hunt anyway, just trying to predict who’ll be the next target people will latch onto.

Oh not saying at all you are out for a witch hunt - it was just a general comment

I saw on Facebook last night some wan from the Beef Plan already gunning for McCarthy - which is more what i was referring to

The account is nearly all positive with nearly all great hosts. Typically the background views don’t come through.

Small holding and more intensive farming don’t need to be at odds.

When you attack people you can't really backtrack and say we should be friends again.
    If some would reign it back a bit and not be giving their reason d'etre as we think the other crowd should die in a hole.
    Nope when the account holder made their views known they tarred all smallholders with the same brush and put the shades on other people on how all smallholders are viewed now.

When you attack people you can't really backtrack and say we should be friends again.
    If some would reign it back a bit and not be giving their reason d'etre as we think the other crowd should die in a hole.
    Nope when the account holder made their views known they tarred all smallholders with the same brush and put the shades on other people on how all smallholders are viewed now.

Fair points.
    Harsh views were definitely thrown about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭minerleague

One thing about having the press chasing up the actions of public officials is it will tighten up the crap they get up to.
    The more they fear being the centre of a witch hunt the less likely they are to mess about.

However there is also the risk of the “French Revolution effect” where the thirst for blood and vested interests can result in innocent people being targeted.

The solution to avoiding that is actual oversight and reprecussions for those in public office. If they are unhappy with the witch hunt scenario they need to have a proper independent functioning system of accountability.

I think people will just be more careful not to get caught rather than any change in actual behaviour. Just look at sports people/ politions being interviewed, all media trained not to say anything that could catch them out.

I think people will just be more careful not to get caught rather than any change in actual behaviour. Just look at sports people/ politions being interviewed, all media trained not to say anything that could catch them out.

Very jard to do anything in Ireland and not get caught. Small country where public figures are easily traced by those who want to. Big Phils downfall proved that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

press chasing public officials is fine.... as long as each public official gets the same pressure put on em when they step out of line... i cannot believe the way SinnFein have got away scot free for attending a fake funeral.. they must be absolutely laughing there hole off looking at the way has Hogan has been vilified over the last few days....

Hogan has no one to blame only himself of course... whatever about that Brian Hayes guy... the Judge has to resign.... for no other reason other than he must be totally brain dead and i dont think he'd be a good judge if he thought going to that dinner was good idea

press chasing public officials is fine.... as long as each public official gets the same pressure put on em when they step out of line... i cannot believe the way SinnFein have got away scot free for attending a fake funeral.. they must be absolutely laughing there hole off looking at the way has Hogan has been vilified over the last few days....

Hogan has no one to blame only himself of course... whatever about that Brian Hayes guy... the Judge has to resign.... for no other reason other than he must be totally brain dead and i dont think he'd be a good judge if he thought going to that dinner was good idea

That’s why I said they need to bring in proper oversight themselves to ensure fair treatment.

They cannot be beyond accountability.

It's some joke the way SF got away with the funeral and the leftie headbangers got away with having that Black lives demo - both of which were in the height of the lockdown

But it's clear the media have 1 standard for the lefties and a completely different set of standards for everybody else

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

It's some joke the way SF got away with the funeral and the leftie headbangers got away with having that Black lives demo - both of which were in the height of the lockdown

But it's clear the media have 1 standard for the lefties and a completely different set of standards for everybody else

What about the march the other day about mask wearing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Clear herd test thank God

whelan2 wrote: »
    What about the march the other day about mask wearing....

Wasn’t there a public representative at that being investigated for conflict of interest or something ?? Don’t remember the details

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Stupid question:

How are calves weaned if they're born over a period of a 4,5 months?

Is it based on youngest being old enough or on the majority being old enough, even if younger ones have to go without for longer/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

If the hse are doing covid testing at a premises do they set up a white square tent outside the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,515 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

NcdJd wrote: »
    If the hse are doing covid testing at a premises do they set up a white square tent outside the premises?

No white tent at the slane testing site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Post deleted but I call it karma.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Greencert.

I'm working full time. Anyone here do it?

WHat way are the onsite days? In blocks or 1 day a week or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭emaherx

Stupid question:

Is it based on youngest being old enough or on the majority being old enough, even if younger ones have to go without for longer/

You don't need to wean them all at once.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Acquiescence

Greencert.

I'm working full time. Anyone here do it?

WHat way are the onsite days? In blocks or 1 day a week or what?

Depends on where you do it and whether you have a major award already.

Some have options for block release or one long day every 3-4 weeks etc.

It's getting longer and more expensive all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Stupid question:

I do it on an individual basis. I find the quietwean nose tabs very useful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement