Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

josephsoap wrote: »
    Cheers Albert- I also have a calf with lung damage ...he has recovered from the pneumonia and is thriving now but He still has bit of ‘breathing’ with him - would you want to announce anything with him too?

I'd be more concerned about a beast with breathing problems than a slight limp tbh, it would be more likely to cause issues down the line. Even when they look healthy and are thriving there more vulnerable to relapses of pneumonia during periods of stress eg after weaning or spending the day in the mart. Is he always panting or does it only occur after some physical exertion? Either way I'd reckon you were better announce that he had a bit of a draw on him or something similar imo. Breathing issues are sure way of having the buyer throw him up or want €100 back out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

I was reading an article about this live cattle ship which is missing. 5800 dairy heifers from NZ heading for China. NZ doesn't export live cattle for slaughter as far as I'm aware. I can't see it returning now. I'd say it was getting a lot of dairy farms out of a hold in a bad milk price year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Reggie. wrote: »
    Weather looks ok for the next few days

Was told to hold off. Wants it left down a couple of days. Is fierce heavy stuff and will need some drying. Saturday evening giving wet. Will try again next week I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Was told to hold off. Wants it left down a couple of days. Is fierce heavy stuff and will need some drying. Saturday evening giving wet. Will try again next week I guess

Just out Tedding abit of silage for lads. Mowed yesterday and all baling tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I was notified of an inspection this morning for next week, tags and cards. If you have any to do, today might be the day to order tags and get them replaced early next week.

There'll be a blitz on inspections in the next 2 months because there was few enough since the start of the year and in case areas are locked down again.

• Advertisement

I was notified of an inspection this morning for next week, tags and cards. If you have any to do, today might be the day to order tags and get them replaced early next week.

There'll be a blitz on inspections in the next 2 months because there was few enough since the start of the year and in case areas are locked down again.
    They have to build up thier numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Reggie. wrote: »
    They have to build up thier numbers

Making themselves busy too to avoid being transferred to do covid testing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Here they are. I opened a mineral bucket this morning and she was out like a flash to get the lid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Mairead McMuinnes and Andrew McDowell - nominated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭cute geoge

Are the unanounced inspections back ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

cute geoge wrote: »
    Are the unanounced inspections back ??

Pretty much back to normal with announced and unannounced inspections I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,485 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Someone get onto Anna Marie McHugh to contact some media company and have a virtual ploughing match.

There's a big void there that needs filling.

Give a five minute slot to each company that had a stand there last year to promote their wares.
    Then go onto last year's ploughing competitors and give a five minute slot on each of their ploughing set ups and about themselves.

Probably ten hours filming there.

Leave out Marty Morrissey..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Why give the ploughing a cut?

ganmo wrote: »
    Why give the ploughing a cut?

Extrapolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Someone get onto Anna Marie McHugh to contact some media company and have a virtual ploughing match.

There's a big void there that needs filling.

Give a five minute slot to each company that had a stand there last year to promote their wares.
    Then go onto last year's ploughing competitors and give a five minute slot on each of their ploughing set ups and about themselves.

Probably ten hours filming there.

Leave out Marty Morrissey..

The McHughs are good at their job. Don't think anyone would get a freebie from them though.

Water John wrote: »
    The McHughs are good at their job. Don't think anyone would get a freebie from them though.

Charge the exhibitors €10,000 for their 5 minute slot and the public €500 to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Mairead McMuinnes and Andrew McDowell - nominated

Who is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭straight

whelan2 wrote: »
    Who is he?

Enda kennys former adviser according to the news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

That means McGuinness is a walk in. Not sure what weight of portfolio she may get? Obviously Coveney wanted to be sure he'd get the Trade job, if he was nominated.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    That means McGuinness is a walk in. Not sure what weight of portfolio she may get? Obviously Coveney wanted to be sure he'd get the Trade job, if he was nominated.
    Is this not just giving Von der loyen a dilemma of rearranging deck chairs.
    McGuinness is already the Vice President of Parliament. Vdl specifically asked for a female and male nominee as she wanted to bring in more females into parliament and ministers jobs.
    By the government putting McGuinness forward we loose a Vice President and so does Vdl.
    If she chooses McDowell. Vdl doesn't have the nuisance of looking for another vice president.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Here they are. I opened a mineral bucket this morning and she was out like a flash to get the lid

Ah the lassie that holds the cows to ransom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Sure it mustn't matter a twiddley squat who gets a commissioners post, when our own lot got big philly fired essentially and him holding the trade post . Says it all really.

The Commission and Parliament are two diff institutions. VDL will take McGuinness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

ruwithme wrote: »
    Sure it mustn't matter a twiddley squat who gets a commissioners post, when our own lot got big philly fired essentially and him holding the trade post . Says it all really.

It must have crossed their minds that we could lose the trade post and they continued for Phil to go. It’s crazy giving up that post

It must have crossed their minds that we could lose the trade post and they continued for Phil to go. It’s crazy giving up that post

Genuinely why??
    What specifically has hogan achieved for Ireland through the trade post ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭straight

_Brian wrote: »
    Genuinely why??

He managed to get the Dutch to drop their opposition to mercosur. Enough said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Genuinely why??

One reason is I thought he was handling the brexit negotiations quite well so far.
    He also made it clear why so many American companies won’t be pulling out and moving business home.
    Respect the rank not the man comes to mind

One reason is I thought he was handling the brexit negotiations quiet well so far.
    He also made it clear why so many American companies won’t be pulling out and moving business home.
    Respect the rank not the man comes to mind

Right.
    Is that it ??

So to be clear he didn’t nothing directly to benefit Ireland.

Each country on Europe will have a veto on Brexit negotiations so his specific inputs are optional.

So he said stuff about multinationals that doesn’t change absolutely anything. Multinationals will be here as long as we allow them dodge their tax that would be die here and elsewhere. Or until the US implement somerhig that forces their hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Right.
    Is that it ??

So to be clear he didn’t nothing directly to benefit Ireland.

Each country on Europe will have a veto on Brexit negotiations so his specific inputs are optional.

So he said stuff about multinationals that doesn’t change absolutely anything. Multinationals will be here as long as we allow them dodge their tax that would be die here and elsewhere. Or until the US implement somerhig that forces their hand.

The advantage of having foreign companies here is the salaries they're paying and the income tax there of and the spin off industries benefitting
    You'd wonder what other attraction this pathetic country has apart from tax concessions. do away with them and I'm sure they'd be gone. Intel beside me here employ 4500, a good few commute from this area, a lot work shifts so travel off peak,30 - 40 minute commute

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement