Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

wrangler wrote: »
    As the marking is no longer anonymous, why would teachers put themselves in the line of fire by marking hard

At the time papers were being marked they were supposed to be anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

wrangler wrote: »
    As the marking is no longer anonymous, why would teachers put themselves in the line of fire by marking hard

Your hardly suggesting that a member of the public service shouldnt do thier job to the fullest

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

At the time papers were being marked they were supposed to be anonymous.

Actually I should've said grading. Marking is anonymous, isn't it, grading would have to be their teacher.
    Great crack on Joe Duffy, inflated grading on some students must be massive. One princiapl was on talking about a student they gave 7 H1s passed by both teacher and principal alike and some Civil Servant who didn't know anything about the student only gave him 5 H1s and 2 H2s,, you couldn't make it up really

Reggie. wrote: »
    Your hardly suggesting that a member of the public service shouldnt do thier job to the fullest

Wouldn't dream of it, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

For most it's getting the 3rd level course they wish to pursue, not grades or points. If you get there, move on with your life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Scanned our sucklers today. Young lad has a Whitehead that calved last September and again in July and is back in calf again , no time wasted there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

whelan2 wrote: »
    Scanned our sucklers today. Young lad has a Whitehead that calved last September and again in July and is back in calf again , no time wasted there

Jasus he is savage fertile

dzer2 wrote: »
    Jasus he is savage fertile

I thought that, but hadn't the guts to say it, brave man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Anyone know of a good satellite image website with up-to-date imagery of high resolution?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭einn32

Anyone know of a good satellite image website with up-to-date imagery of high resolution?

Nearmap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

McGuinness - Commissioner
    Trade portfolio gone

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Trade portfolio gone

I’m sure she will do a great job and represent us well. Good luck to her.

Trade portfolio gone

The financial portfolio she got isn't exactly lightweight.

Valdis Dombrovskis, Latvia’s EU Commissioner and its former Prime Minister, will take the Trade portfolio.

https://www.thejournal.ie/irelands-new-commissioner-5198619-Sep2020/

Valdis Dombrovskis, Latvia’s EU Commissioner and its former Prime Minister, will take the Trade portfolio.

https://www.thejournal.ie/irelands-new-commissioner-5198619-Sep2020/

Good luck to him.
    Last guy was in a rush to sell food production out to cheap untraceable foods grown on freshly destroyed rainforest so the bar has been set fairly low for success in fairness.

Was laughing at them announcing her as mrs mc guinness

Was laughing at them announcing her as mrs mc guinness

Pronunciation difficulties again - Mairéad

Mc Guinness is her maiden name

Big jump up for local councillor/farmer from Co. Louth, Colm Markey to MEP. Former President of Macra but can't remember him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just back from the dentist, first time going in about 6 years:o

Nothing needed, thank God, just a clean and polish. Should be 110 euro but just 15 euro thanks to PRSI. Well happy with that.

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Big jump up for local councillor/farmer from Co. Louth, Colm Markey to MEP. Former President of Macra but can't remember him.

It's a good few years since he was over macra. He's a good lad with a good head on his shoulders. Best of luck to him

Nothing needed, thank God, just a clean and polish. Should be 110 euro but just 15 euro thanks to PRSI. Well happy with that.

Good stuff. It’s on the long finger here.

It’s a simple sign of how progressive we’ve become when dentist and optician visits are covered through stamps.

Great wee country, couldn’t imagine living anywhere else.

_Brian wrote: »

It’s a simple sign of how progressive we’ve become when dentist and optician visits are covered through stamps.

We included OH in the farm here when she retired ten years ago and started paying PRSI so she'll be entitled to OAP next year on top of her work pension for an investment of a couple grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

I can when it’s pissing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Good luck to him.
    Last guy was in a rush to sell food production out to cheap untraceable foods grown on freshly destroyed rainforest so the bar has been set fairly low for success in fairness.

In fairness to Philly, that's EU policy. He just goes along to get along.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just a reminder to those who have eligible animals for the Beef Finisher Payment Scheme that the closing date is tomorrow Wednesday the 9th. The IFA have an easy to follow guide to help people apply.

https://www.ifa.ie/sectors/cattle/beef-finisher-payment-scheme-how-to-apply/
    I've posted the above in the beef price tracker thread.

Got a call from my teagasc advisor this evening too about that scheme. I applied myself last week

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Got a call from my teagasc advisor this evening too about that scheme. I applied myself last week
    Just after the scheme was opened I sat down and made a list of the farmers that we drew cattle to the factory for with the number of eligible animals within the date range. I phoned each of them to let them know and explained to them how to apply. Most are Bord Bia approved dairy or suckler farmers but there are a few who aren't and they will not apply cause they don't want to sign up to Bord Bia.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Base price wrote: »
    Just after the scheme was opened I sat down and made a list of the farmers that we drew cattle to the factory for with the number of eligible animals within the date range. I phoned each of them to let them know and explained to them how to apply. Most are Bord Bia approved dairy or suckler farmers but there are a few who aren't and they will not apply cause they don't want to sign up to Bord Bia.

A good service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Surprised they done that. Up here in the occupied counties nothing invasive is being done yet by my dentist - not even fillings. Not sure there is any point in them being open TBH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement