Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

It's a Meteor on a direct course with Mullingar isn't it?

https://twitter.com/RoyalAstroSoc/status/1305454796225351682?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

It's a Meteor on a direct course with Mullingar isn't it?

https://twitter.com/RoyalAstroSoc/status/1305454796225351682?s=20

I'll sort dont you worry

Reggie. wrote: »
    I'll sort dont you worry

Ah it's only life on Venus. Nothing major.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Ah it's only life on Venus. Nothing major.

I for one welcome our new Venus overlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

NcdJd wrote: »
    I for one welcome our new Venus overlords.

Women are from Venus - yes? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

gozunda wrote: »
    Women are from Venus - yes? :pac:
    That's why Venus is our brightest planet :D

Base price wrote: »
    That's why Venus is our brightest planet :D

Where's the double barrel post button for best post of the day :D

Seemingly this is occurring but on the RTE player..

Ye might be lucky.

https://twitter.com/RTEplayer/status/1305574535068958720?s=20

Sorghum molasses. Wonder can ya grow that variety here.
    Edit, looks like warmer climate required for cane variety.

https://youtu.be/1q87lUGW-G0

Seemingly this is occurring but on the RTE player..

Ye might be lucky.

https://twitter.com/RTEplayer/status/1305574535068958720?s=20
    I remember you suggesting recently that the NPA should run some sort of online promo where exhibitors could send in videos.

• Advertisement

NcdJd wrote: »
    Sorghum molasses. Wonder can ya grow that variety here.
    Edit, looks like warmer climate required for cane variety.

https://youtu.be/1q87lUGW-G0
    I think Dawg posted about growing Sorghum sometime last year.

Base price wrote: »
    I remember you suggesting recently that the NPA should run some sort of online promo where exhibitors could send in videos.

Ah that was just flukey.

Or else they read here and acted double quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

It's getting fierce dark these mornings. I'm still recovering from overexerting myself climbing a mountain (probably more a big hill) at the weekend. I'm not 20 (or 30 or 40) anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Evenings are fecked too. Dark at 8pm now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Evenings are fecked too. Dark at 8pm now

It wouldn’t matter too much if we were getting decent dry weather during the day.
    But past weeks have been desperately broken so the darkening evenings seem more of a punishment.

Lot of grass cut locally yesterday and tedded out. We had a few hours of heavy rain last night and grass is sopping wet this morning.

Pain in the hole, friend knocked yesterday and pulled swarths together hoping ground would dry between swarths, got a text earlier that ground is worse this morning than yesterday and he’s worrying about swarths starting to sweat and heat, would it happen that quick with damp weather ??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

_Brian wrote: »
    It wouldn’t matter too much if we were getting decent dry weather during the day.
    But past weeks have been desperately broken so the darkening evenings seem more of a punishment.

Lot of grass cut locally yesterday and tedded out. We had a few hours of heavy rain last night and grass is sopping wet this morning.

Pain in the hole, friend knocked yesterday and pulled swarths together hoping ground would dry between swarths, got a text earlier that ground is worse this morning than yesterday and he’s worrying about swarths starting to sweat and heat, would it happen that quick with damp weather ??

Yea, I see a lot of brown grass spread yesterday, it seems to be spoiling worse than usual

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

wrangler wrote: »
    Yea, I see a lot of brown grass spread yesterday, it seems to be spoiling worse than usual

It was fierce close maggoty type of weather yesterday, I was crying from the forehead at work a fair bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Bullocks wrote: »
    It was fierce close maggoty type of weather yesterday, I was crying from the forehead at work a fair bit!

get one of these - or have several of them handy. Great for keeping helmets or visors in place.

https://karakal.ie/products/karakal-headbands

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

get one of these - or have several of them handy. Great for keeping helmets or visors in place.

https://karakal.ie/products/karakal-headbands
    Is it a sweat band type of job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Bullocks wrote: »
    Is it a sweat band type of job?

Yes, great under a visor when strimming. The Karakal one is soft cotton toweling and very comfortable. Give them a cool wash to maintain the softness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Why would they have cut before the rain with such a good forecast for the week?
    Panic?

Why would they have cut before the rain with such a good forecast for the week?
    Panic?

We had no rain forecast overnight here at all.
    With what’s possibly only good week contractors under pressure to get all done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

We had no rain forecast overnight here at all.
    With what’s possibly only good week contractors under pressure to get all done.

Bad luck so, hopefully it'll dry out in the next few days. Contractors tipping away but not too busy here.

Was talking to one man who had 80 acres mowed. He was trying for hay for some of it. He was well fed up this morning after all the rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Was talking to one man who had 80 acres mowed. He was trying for hay for some of it. He was well fed up this morning after all the rain

Not the time of year or weather for hay really

I’d have thought with the ground so damp under it batting hay would be impossible now.

Had a dealer here today, I can't sell anything as I'm locked up. He said, dont tag the calves and I'll take them , wtf. How could that possibly be anyway legal?

I’d have thought with the ground so damp under it batting hay would be impossible now.

God loves a trier

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Had a dealer here today, I can't sell anything as I'm locked up. He said, dont tag the calves and I'll take them , wtf. How could that possibly be anyway legal?

Could they go to a veal unit?

• Advertisement

Water John wrote: »
    Could they go to a veal unit?

Surely they would have to be tagged or registered to move off farm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement