Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    Duffy's toyworld in Dunleer is the place to go

Have to pay that a visit some day

_Brian wrote: »
    Someone had a link up recently for pesticides training, can’t find it, like to see the training availability maybe do it over the winter.

If ya find it let me know too. Have to do it myself. Going spraying next year

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Reggie. wrote: »
    Have to pay that a visit some day

Great place

Great place

I'll have to leave the wallet at home

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    If ya find it let me know too. Have to do it myself. Going spraying next year

Was it lakhill?

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Was it lakhill?

Yeah.

Eldest lad went for a run this morning, he got hit by a mirror of a people carrier being driven by a woman. Cut his leg with briars too, she kept going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Eldest lad went for a run this morning, he got hit by a mirror of a people carrier being driven by a woman. Cut his leg with briars too, she kept going.

Nasty. Probably find her at same location/time tomorrow morning.

He said he couldn't have kept over any further without actually being in the ditch

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Was he running on the wrong side of the road that he didn't see her, he didn't get to step in

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    Was he running on the wrong side of the road that he didn't see her, he didn't get to step in

No was on the right side of the road. He said he knew she was close to him but he had nowhere to go. She was heading for school drop off. He's running on the road a good while now and this was the first incident he has had. She should have slowed down to pass him out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

You have to keep well out when passing a cyclist, runner/walker. Some people's head is elsewhere when they are driving.

Water John wrote: »
    You have to keep well out when passing a cyclist, runner/walker. Some people's head is elsewhere when they are driving.

That doesn't happen a lot of the time, I find I have to step in

She was meeting on coming traffic too. She would have known she hit him as the mirror got a good wallop

She was meeting on coming traffic too. She would have known she hit him as the mirror got a good wallop

It's worse on a bike, on the same side and you don't see them coming, drivers always try to squeeze by whether they have room or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Nearly got flattened myself on a run today. On main road, with one of those 1ft wide hard shoulders inside the dashed yellow line. Was inside that, running towards the traffic as yer supposed to. Next thing a white transit flew out by me overtaking a lorry. Was going the same direction as me. Frightened the bejaysus out of me, until a SECOND transit hoored out after it. I turned around and went home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

This is technically a hit and run.

I'd kind of be inclined to put it on the Gardai's record.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

This is technically a hit and run.

I'd kind of be inclined to put it on the Gardai's record.

I'd be in the same place at the same time tomorrow morning and stop her on the road to explain what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

That happened to me too a while back. Walking up the road lady in suv clipped my arm and part of the wing mirror came off. She kept driving slowly and then fcked off. Got the reg and rang the guards. Guard called up to me and said did I want to make a report. I said no but said to him to call up to her house and give her a stern warning. Wouldn't mind if she stopped I would have helped her put the cover of the wing mirror back on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I'd defo be going to the Guards

She could have done serious injury to him - it's far from OK to hit someone with a car and keep driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

Grueller wrote: »
    I'd be in the same place at the same time tomorrow morning and stop her on the road to explain what happened.

Bad idea.
    Report as much as you can officially in the Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Knee in a bad way here. Think it’s the mcl ligament after a bit of googling. Hope/doubt it’s torn but Damn it’s sore. Keeping me awake. Anyone do damage to it before?

Ice it, 10 mins every 2 hours for the first 48 hours, don't take anti-inflammatories until >48 hours. After that physio will guide you, GPs generally not much use.

See mullinahone have a ploughing offer. New calf tags are 2.80 a set until the end of September and you get a free face mask with each order. I took note yesterday of each cow that needed a tag while scanning. 95% of the tags I ordered where the ones that didn't start with 372. They must have improved what's in the tags since then

They can stuff it, they hadn't much meas on special offers when they had it all to themselves flogging poor quality tags to us.

Panch18 wrote: »
    I'd defo be going to the Guards

She could have done serious injury to him - it's far from OK to hit someone with a car and keep driving
    I hope he's not suffering from whiplash or anything....

I hope he's not suffering from whiplash or anything....

Well he was able to milk with me and is going for another run tonight. Not on the road, on the track

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Well he was able to milk with me and is going for another run tonight. Not on the road, on the track

I think I’d contact the guards.

You could make a formal complaint and let them handle it.

Or ask them to have a word with her to call out and give the lad an apology to his face.

If she failed to apologise I’d be pushing it hard with a proper complaint.

_Brian wrote: »
    I think I’d contact the guards.

You could make a formal complaint and let them handle it.

Or ask them to have a word with her to call out and give the lad an apology to his face.

If she failed to apologise I’d be pushing it hard with a proper complaint.

We dont know who she is. He didnt get the reg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

We dont know who she is. He didnt get the reg

She'll be on the road at the same time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Could have been drink driving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭cjpm

Any posters here from Ballaghaderreen area? Have any of ye dealt with Hayden’s?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement