Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

I posted a while ago about a Cockateil hanging around with a flock of starlings on the farm in the Nature on the farm thread.

Well he's gone.

But he turned up on a fishing boat 10 miles off Scotland. :)

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-54263087

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

ganmo wrote: »
    Any body know what the chip type is called that is used in etags?
    I'm looking at getting an rfid reader but there are different types of them and I want to be sure itll work

Worth a look if you are feeling like a DIY project.
    https://medium.com/invironment/build-a-cheap-rfid-tag-reader-for-uk-livestock-using-raspberrypi-zero-40be4904ff01
    The agricultural EID tags operate at a frequency of 134kHz. Widely available electronic card reader boards on Ebay mainly operate at 125kHz and are not suitable for reading UK sheep tags. Priority1designs in Melbourne, Australia are the only supplier of a suitable hardware solution that I can find. Their service and documentation is excellent and at a very reasonable price; I can highly recommend them.

Also some info on standards for animal EID tags.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_11784_and_ISO_11785

I think the tags are HDX (half duplex) type operating at 134.2kHz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

I found this, so looks like Mullinahone Co-op use the Allflex HDX tags

https://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/electronic-tags-what-are-the-options-available-to-farmers/

Info from Allflex site, says you can use any reader which supports EID tags for both FDX and HDX types.
    https://www.cattletags.com/collections/allflex-electronic-id-tags

The frequency is the important thing to look out for, the 134.2khz is reserved for animal tags so most common RFID readers don't work.

Edit: seems some of the cheaper readers only support FDX type tags, but get one which supports both should cover any animal tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

On the countdown now to an angiogram on Monday morning, we should've all invested in hospitals like larry, The Beacon is charging €9800 for the procedure and VHI is paying €8800, I got on to the Beacon yesterday and they have conceded to waiver the €1000 so happy days.
    Going by the result of tests lately, I don't think stents are going to alleviate the symptoms, sure we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

wrangler wrote: »
    On the countdown now to an angiogram on Monday morning, we should've all invested in hospitals like larry, The Beacon is charging €9800 for the procedure and VHI is paying €8800, I got on to the Beacon yesterday and they have conceded to waiver the €1000 so happy days.
    Going by the result of tests lately, I don't think stents are going to alleviate the symptoms, sure we'll see

Best of luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Good luck, take it easy after it, no heavy lifting, sledges or hatchets. But your energy levels will improve rapidly after it. The dog will have the hind legs walked off him:pac:

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

My dad was to get an ecg in a Dublin hospital next week, they rang on Monday and said they could do it in a private clinic in drogheda on Wednesday just gone. Great service

whelan2 wrote: »
    My dad was to get an ecg in a Dublin hospital next week, they rang on Monday and said they could do it in a private clinic in drogheda on Wednesday just gone. Great service

Are you sure it was an ECG, my GP does ECGs in his own practise.
    I went into the local hospital about a month ago with chest pain and they did about six ECGs during the course of the day until It settled down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Are you sure it was an ECG, my GP does ECGs in his own practise.
    I went into the local hospital about a month ago with chest pain and they did about six ECGs during the course of the day until It settled down

Bass, Jjameson and Brian may ease off on ya here!!!!!!

Grueller wrote: »
    Bass, Jjameson and Brian may ease off on ya here!!!!!!

That's the reason I retired, my days of wrestling with ewes are well over, OH does the work now

• Advertisement

Henry and Bryony Andrews of Carbon Neutral Beef Company, Leworthy Manor, Devon.

https://www.fginsight.com/netzero/net-zero---articles/producing-carbon-neutral-beef

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

Best of luck. Stay away from Base for 6 weeks after it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Mossie1975

Hope everything goes well for you wrangler. I have heart related issues on my mind also. Am going on a blind date this afternoon. I’ve probably jinxed myself by posting this. Have a good day lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Mossie1975 wrote: »
    Hope everything goes well for you wrangler. I have heart related issues on my mind also. Am going on a blind date this afternoon. I’ve probably jinxed myself by posting this. Have a good day lads!

Will ya be bringing out the fancy soap

Reggie. wrote: »
    Will ya be bringing out the fancy soap

Old spice or brut?

Old spice or brut?

Whichever works

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Old spice or brut?

There was an auld fella around here who used to turn up in the local with a potent mixture of whatever aftershaves he had available. You'd want to be upwind to be safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

gozunda wrote: »
    There was an auld fella around here who used to turn up in the local with a potent mixture of whatever aftershaves he had available. You'd want to be upwind to be safe...

https://youtu.be/rrckYWFgl4s

Sex panther aftershave.... 60% of the time it works eveytime..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭DukeCaboom

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/rrckYWFgl4s

Sex panther aftershave.... 60% of the time it works eveytime..

Bought stuff at the ploughing match once, think I still have a rash on my wrists alll these years on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Is there a competition for the most stubborn ould lad

• Advertisement

DukeCaboom wrote: »
    Bought stuff at the ploughing match once, think I still have a rash on my wrists alll these years on!

Think that might have been something else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Youtube ads are constantly showing me wedding venues. Now w=either they have seriously misjudged their audience, or someone has a surprise for me..

Odelay wrote: »
    Youtube ads are constantly showing me wedding venues. Now w=either they have seriously misjudged their audience, or someone has a surprise for me..

Google Cockateils and Coleus plants and your problem will be solved..

Well how did it go ?

Well how did it go ?

Sure the nights early yet missus

Reggie. wrote: »
    Sure the nights early yet missus

I'm taking the fact hes not online as a good sign

I'm taking the fact hes not online as a good sign

I was going to tell him if he's not home by twelve. go to bed.
    But I thought I'd better not :D

I was going to tell him if he's not home by twelve. go to bed.
    But I thought I'd better not :D

Well at least we know the blind date is not from Dublin or Donegal.

Positives..:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Hope your blind date goes better than mine did. I’m married to her for 12 years now. 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

@ Nekarsulm, Brian & Tanko - Happy Cavan day :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement