Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No, planning is for 25 years AFAIK. The only stipulation, the same as for wind turbines is reinstatement of the site. This has to be bonded by the developer with the LA.

To keep costs down most sites are developed near grid substations. Larger ones would be adjacent to 110kv substations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Eldest daughter was 18 yesterday. Had some family over last night at separate times for a piece of cake. Strange times.

Wee things like this that remind a fella of his age.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Apparently Donald Trump and his wife have tested positive for coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »

Cup of bleach three times a day and UV light up the gicker, he will be cured by Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Not that I'd wish covid on anyone but I'm surprised it took so long for Mr Trump to catch it looking at all the engagements he goes to without wearing a mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Had a tooth that was giving me a lot of pain over the last few weeks. Dentist filled it but said it might need root canal. So anyway went to him yesterday and he said root canal might not work for this one but we can try it. I asked him how much will all this cost between root canal, post and crown. I just said after I heard all the money just take it out. Feel like a million dollars this morning. No more neurofen!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

And I'm Santa Claus, the mans a liar.

And I'm Santa Claus, the mans a liar.

Did he not have it already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,510 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Nice little earner

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Nice little earner

True but reckon they make even more on the post and packaging ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭straight

Fell off a ladder yesterday and hurt my knee. Milkings are tough going and the quad never got more use. Be careful out there folks. Happens in the blink of an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

blue5000 wrote: »

When you only select "completed" routes, it shows just how few routes there really are in existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Odelay wrote: »
    When you only select "completed" routes, it shows just how few routes there really are in existence.

I saw 2017 on the map so it might be out of date.
    It doesnt include the Wicklow way so it may not have the the older way marked trails

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Leak in my heating system, grand. Found it, fixed it, still not right, so put colouring through the system, leak in the coil in cylinder. Replaced that last night.
    Oil wouldn't work today, got local guy out, pump in the oil burner gone.

WHAT DID I DO TO ANGER THE CENTRAL HEATING GODS :pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭jimini0

Leak in my heating system, grand. Found it, fixed it, still not right, so put colouring through the system, leak in the coil in cylinder. Replaced that last night.

Better it happen now than in the midst of winter. With a storm blowing and 3ft of snow on the ground

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Just being yourself I'm guessing

Reggie. wrote: »
    Just being yourself I'm guessing

I'm so lovely theyre trying to make me less lovely by making me invent new curse words.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

blue5000 wrote: »

Have done the one near Castlebar and the Baldoyle/Portmarnock Greenway recently and found both excellent thanx to the naturally maintained habitats along the route.

• Advertisement

ganmo wrote: »
    Isn't that communication

Ganmo. Clear out some of your inbox.

You're fuller than a

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Mod note; all the green party posts have been moved to their own thread here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058118789

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Spent the last few hours mixing cement. I can see how lads that done it all their life end up crippled. Tough work.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Spent the last few hours mixing cement. I can see how lads that done it all their life end up crippled. Tough work.

As a 16 year old I had a summer job in a pre cast factory. Before the days of automation. I put a tipper lorry load of gravel through a mixer every 2-3 days. I was in some shape by the end of the summer let me tell you!!! The first day of, hours were 8 til 6, I went home and was in bed asleep at 6.45 that evening. Hard going.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ganmo. Clear out some of your inbox.

You're fuller than a

Pot of jam?
    Made some room for ya

Put the cows in tonight ahead of the forecast tomorrow. I'd forgotten how hard it is separating out the pens with cows & calves! :pac:

Silage is wet but cows loving it, must be good as didn't think they'd eat any at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Put the cows in tonight ahead of the forecast tomorrow. I'd forgotten how hard it is separating out the pens with cows & calves! :pac:

Silage is wet but cows loving it, must be good as didn't think they'd eat any at all.

Had you anything in the sale today?

Had you anything in the sale today?

No, all too young, but am happy enough walking through them on concrete earlier, all a bit taller than I thought :D Watched a good bit of the sale online, was it GF owned the blue show winner do you know? Bit of strange bidding going on I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

No, all too young, but am happy enough walking through them on concrete earlier, all a bit taller than I thought :D Watched a good bit of the sale online, was it GF owned the blue show winner do you know? Bit of strange bidding going on I thought.

Wasn’t down, saw a post on the champion
    Thought the mart should of been active showing the quality on display

• Advertisement

Wasn’t down, saw a post on the champion
    Thought the mart should of been active showing the quality on display

To be fair the camera online is great but it's a bit high above the ring to judge cattle rightly. They look bigger than their weights. Was over around 7 or that. I'd just out the cows in, made coffee & sat down to watch it. Two bulls later it was over!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement