Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    I'm being very good and having pints for people who would like them, I'm good like that

You're a saint, so you are.

And you not even liking them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭NcdJd

Darragh seems to have a chip on his shoulder with awhile now. Why he rented his land to a dairy man is really puzzling

Did he not setup a partnership rather than just land rental? He's alot going on with flower bulbs, tillage and expecting his annual article about his turkeys shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Bake Off on shortly on Channel 4 - Bread Week

Interesting variations on the Irish Soda bread recipe this week, both sweet and savory.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,480 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Joe Rogan's interviews on YouTube are excellent.

Just tonight I learned Santa Claus comes from Shamanic visions from eating the red and white aminata mushroom. That it ties in with pine trees which became Christmas trees that the mushroom grows at the base of.
    The shamans would eat the remains of the mushroom after it passes through a reindeer and or people would drink the urine from the shaman after they consumed the mushroom. The reindeer especially would go after the urine when someone relieved themselves.
    The people after drinking the urine would have hallucinations and probably of flying reindeer.
    The shamans in later times were prohibited and they went down people's chimneys instead of the door so they wouldn't be seen.

So that's Santy.

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

We were given our Christmas drinks tonight, just in case....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

whelan2 wrote: »
    We were given our Christmas drinks tonight, just in case....

Ah bad omen

They reckon after Christmas before they'll open again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Joe Rogan's interviews on YouTube are excellent.

Just tonight I learned Santa Claus comes from Shamanic visions from eating the red and white aminata mushroom. That it ties in with pine trees which became Christmas trees that the mushroom grows at the base of.
    The shamans would eat the remains of the mushroom after it passes through a reindeer and or people would drink the urine from the shaman after they consumed the mushroom. The reindeer especially would go after the urine when someone relieved themselves.
    The people after drinking the urine would have hallucinations and probably of flying reindeer.
    The shamans in later times were prohibited and they went down people's chimneys instead of the door so they wouldn't be seen.

So that's Santy.

Merry Christmas everyone! :D

Their really accessible now to that their on spotify, getting through two a day at the minute, the quality of guests he has on is unbelievable

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Their really accessible now to that their on spotify, getting through two a day at the minute, the quality of guests he has on is unbelievable

I only dip in now and again.

But for escaping and just thinking they're brill.

One lad I was talking to later said it was like a lad trying to be a wit but he'll never get more than halfway there:pac:

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

_Brian wrote: »
    Cup of bleach three times a day and UV light up the gicker, he will be cured by Monday.

Your cure must have worked. He's back in the white house.

kk.man wrote: »
    Your cure must have worked. He's back in the white house.

Trump got Covid - fake news I'm thinking.

He had it at the same time Bolsonaro got it in March.
    But this could be his second or third time with it hence I'm superman now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

NcdJd wrote: »
    Did he not setup a partnership rather than just land rental? He's alot going on with flower bulbs, tillage and expecting his annual article about his turkeys shortly.

I think the partnership fell apart...or he pulled out to rent the ground tax free to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Anyone in the boozer tonight? I'd say their heaving. Last public drink of 2020 and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

ganmo wrote: »
    I think the partnership fell apart...or he pulled out to rent the ground tax free to them.

The partnership was probably for tax purposes as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

ruwithme wrote: »
    Anyone in the boozer tonight? I'd say their heaving. Last public drink of 2020 and all that

Are the pubs not allowed open after tonight, even the ones that serve food??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There’s a question came up at work today.

Second cut bales of silage. How long after baking would they be ok to feed.

Opinions ranged from immediately to not before 8 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

In all seriousness who would have thought the leader of the free world would behave like this. You have to pinch yourself at times is this 2020 or a dream.
    If he is Re elected again I will loose all faith in humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There’s a question came up at work today.

Second cut bales of silage. How long after baking would they be ok to feed.

Opinions ranged from immediately to not before 8 weeks.

They'll be mature in about 3 weeks. You could feed anytime but they'd deteriorate quickly, once opened before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭jaymla627

In all seriousness who would have thought the leader of the free world would behave like this. You have to pinch yourself at times is this 2020 or a dream.

Joe Biden is barely lucid, and his VP pick Kamala Harris is literally bat sh**t crazy and 10 times more dangerous than having Trump in office, its widely accepted she will be running the show given Biden isn't fit to run office....
    Trump is seen as the lesser of two evils by alot of Americans at the minute, look up kamala Harris record in office it's crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Joe Biden is barely lucid, and his VP pick Kamala Harris is literally bat sh**t crazy and 10 times more dangerous than having Trump in office, its widely accepted she will be running the show given Biden isn't fit to run office....
    Trump is seen as the lesser of two evils by alot of Americans at the minute, look up kamala Harris record in office it's crazy

Stick with the cows, Jay.

Or as Bob Hope said about Carter and Regan

"the evil of two lessers "

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Economy is doing OK, most people have jobs and money in their pocket.
    Good chance he'll get elected again.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Economy is doing OK, most people have jobs and money in their pocket.
    Good chance he'll get elected again.

It's a tough one.

I've seen one's online from the mid states who'd be from farming stock say they'll vote Biden.
    Naturally there's Trump supporters too.

Polls have Biden up. But they had Hillary up too.

I'd have went for Trump a few weeks back.
    But with all this and with the recent days stuff I think Biden will do it now.

tanko wrote: »
    Are the pubs not allowed open after tonight, even the ones that serve food??

Only ones with seating outside. No indoor eating or drinking. It's gone a bit cold for sitting outside

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

The American President is the leader of America, that’s it. Let’s stop with this Americanism of “leader of the free world”, that a load of rubbish. He doesn’t even have the respect of 10% of the free world never mind be it’s leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

The American President is the leader of America, that’s it. Let’s stop with this Americanism of “leader of the free world”, that a load of rubbish. He doesn’t even have the respect of 10% of the free world never mind be it’s leader.

America is the only country able to keep Russia and China in check. I hope that never changes

Water John wrote: »
    Stick with the cows, Jay.

I think he has a point about Harris. Mind you, it is like being asked if you'd rather cut off your right or left hand. Harris is, afaik, anti animal agriculture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Does anyone know what a section 12 entails from a county council inspection, inspector wasnt happy no channels just slips around the silage slab and clean water mixing with dirt in an old yard. Asking for a friend ;-(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement