Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Just like last week it's happening again.

https://twitter.com/Riordanger/status/1188892635525799937?s=20

I believe this is how the first transformers movie started.
    https://youtu.be/c3BlZWYGjBY

I'm not saying it's aliens but ....

(Seen from Cork to Liverpool).
    And just like last week but I saw it this time through the kitchen window. It was much bigger/brighter and was blue in colour with a good tail than your normal shooting star. It went from East to West across the sky then disappeared out of sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

emaherx wrote: »
    Makes sense now why those shown on the beef blockade looked so happy. double helpings of the chill pills in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

There was another article a few weeks ago about farmers being the highest users of prostitutes in Ireland. When the cat's away and all that.

Romantic Ireland is dead and gone,
    It's with O Leary in the grave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭toleratethis

There was another article a few weeks ago about farmers being the highest users of prostitutes in Ireland. When the cat's away and all that.

Romantic Ireland is dead and gone,

I'd say journos have the highest use of white stuff, this thread is beginning to read like Love/Hate was set in Glenroe.

I'd say journos have the highest use of white stuff, this thread is beginning to read like Love/Hate was set in Glenroe.

Now you know how that neighbour was able to buy that land. ;)
    #adrugdealingpimp

It'd be a right topic for Damien O Reilly on a Saturday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

There was another article a few weeks ago about farmers being the highest users of prostitutes in Ireland. When the cat's away and all that.Romantic Ireland is dead and gone,

You think that's bad? - According to the latest hit piece from the Irish Times Anti Farming editorials - the average consumer of Cocaine in Ireland "is a farmer, not a Dublin banker"

So looks like it's not just the Mods here abouts into the old hookers and coke - it's the farmers as well. If only I'd known...

And if you're worrying which in depth survey came up with the above revelation - this load of manure headline was the musings of just "one garda" who goes on to relate that - “Actually there isn’t an average consumer. It’s universal. That’s how bad it is.”

I'm surprised farmers haven't been accused of being rapists and murderers - oh wait....

Btw If the article is behind a paywall - use Google to find it using keywords to read the whole article

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/cocaine-in-ireland-the-average-consumer-is-a-farmer-not-a-dublin-banker-1.4064416

Emaherx - you bet me to it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

More like the film BATTLE LOS ANGELES

I'll round up the lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

gozunda wrote: »
    You think that's bad? - According to the latest hit piece from the Irish Times Anti Farming editorials - the average consumer of Cocaine in Ireland "is a farmer, not a Dublin banker"

So looks like it's not just the Mods here abouts into the old hookers and coke - it's the farmers as well. If only I'd known...

And if you're worrying which in depth survey came up with the above revelation - this load of manure headline was the musings of just "one garda" who goes on to relate that - “Actually there isn’t an average consumer. It’s universal. That’s how bad it is.”

I'm surprised farmers haven't been accused of being rapists and murderers - oh wait....

Btw If the article is behind a paywall - use Google to find it using keywords to read the whole article

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/cocaine-in-ireland-the-average-consumer-is-a-farmer-not-a-dublin-banker-1.4064416

Emaherx - you bet me to it ;)

There's plenty farmers taking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Reggie. wrote: »
    More like the film BATTLE LOS ANGELES

I'll round up the lads

https://youtu.be/y07at1bU89Q
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

When hiring it’s stunning how many fail for it. Lads of ages 19-50 from quite, rural, one pub town lands failing for it. Cocaine is in every back parish of rural Ireland. Shocking how many are taking it.

How do you know this ? Have you asked them?

I would be equally certain that other farmers I know well - there are not 'plenty taking it'.

Younger generations? Could be - but it's not the reserve of 'farmers'. Anyone using that ****e needs their head examined tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭moll3

seen it heretoo in north kerry as well around 5 to 7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

I would be equally certain that other farmers I know well - there are not 'plenty taking it'.

Younger generations? Could be - but it's not the reserve of 'farmers'. Anyone using that ****e needs their head examined tbh.

Gozunda, I work in addiction services as a large part of my off farm work. I encounter two serious addictions in rural Ireland, gambling and cocaine.
    I would not recommend either to my children but if I had to rank them as better and worse I would say gambling is worse. It has the ability to destroy a person's life in days. Cocaine will take longer and the addiction is far easier to beat. That is just my opinion. I have colleagues who believe it is the other way around but agree on the two big plagues of the younger generation in rural Ireland. Gambling and cocaine.
    Larger urban centres change the dynamics as heroin becomes a massive player.That is a debate for another day though.

I remember a recovered addict telling his story.
    He was explaining how they had been told how drugs were bad etc.
    He ended up trying some and when it felt good he was surprised because nobody ever told him thatd it'd feel good. Nobody ever told him that itd feel good so he wondered was the rest of it true.

Grueller wrote: »
    Gozunda, I work in addiction services as a large part of my off farm work. I encounter two serious addictions in rural Ireland, gambling and cocaine.
    I would not recommend either to my children but if I had to rank them as better and worse I would say gambling is worse. It has the ability to destroy a person's life in days. Cocaine will take longer and the addiction is far easier to beat. That is just my opinion. I have colleagues who believe it is the other way around but agree on the two big plagues of the younger generation in rural Ireland. Gambling and cocaine.
    Larger urban centres change the dynamics as heroin becomes a massive player.That is a debate for another day though.

Dont disagree with any of that but as the Garda really said “Actually there isn’t an average consumer. It’s universal. That’s how bad it is.”
    That I reckon is true. The headline in the Irish Times article was little more than lazy clickbait journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Grueller

Dont disagree with any of that but as the Garda really said “Actually there isn’t an average consumer. It’s universal. That’s how bad it is.”
    That I reckon is true. The headline in the Irish Times article was little more than lazy clickbait journalism.

1000% agree Gozunda.

A few actually have told me ya. There are plenty taking it. You are burying your head in the sand if you think otherwise. Maybe not the older generation of farmers but there's plenty of the younger generation at it. I only said it a few weeks ago on another thread that it's rampant around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I know a guy with a serious gambling addiction. I figured that bit out myself, but was surprised that he was using cocaine aswell. Had to be told that bit. Don't know if he is addicted aswell. It's all very hush hush. I heard that cocaine brings out the cnut in people - I've seen that to be true too.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement

A few actually have told me ya. There are plenty taking it. You are burying your head in the sand if you think otherwise. Maybe not the older generation of farmers but there's plenty of the younger generation at it. I only said it a few weeks ago on another thread that it's rampant around here.

Fair play if thats your experience. But certainly nothing to do with the point made that the article headline was little more than a piece of manure. They seem to be following the Guardian newspaper in the UK with similar clickbait rubbish.

Fair play if thats your experience. But certainly nothing to fo with the point made that the article headline was little more than a piece of manure. They seem to be following the Guardian newspaper in the UK with similar clickbait rubbish.

Headline not great but the rest of the article does address how common it has become in rural Ireland. Its actually crazy how popular it has become and no stigma attached to doing it any more.

Headline not great but the rest of the article does address how common it has become in rural Ireland. Its actually crazy how popular it has become and no stigma attached to doing it any more.

As already said above “Actually there isn’t an average consumer. It’s universal. That’s how bad it is.”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

At the last works do I was amazed at the open talk of using cocaine passed it off as talk but it wasnt coming from the 20 to 30 age group it was 40 to 50 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭emaherx

ganmo wrote: »

Nimby's

OMG 5G frequencies have been weaponized.... Sounds Scarry but then again any frequency can be weaponized, I reheat my dinner with a machine that uses the same frequency range as wifi and many baby monitors.

Bet the same people are complaining about slow internet. There is a village beside me that had no cancer mast here signs up over 10 years ago, same people now complain about poor phone signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Nimby's

OMG 5G frequencies have been weaponized.... Sounds Scarry but then again any frequency can be weaponized, I reheat my dinner with a machine that uses the same frequency range as wifi and many baby monitors.

Bet the same people are complaining about slow internet. There is a village beside me that had no cancer mast here signs up over 10 years ago, same people now complain about poor phone signal.

Our lazer rangefinders are classified as weapons

Reggie. wrote: »
    Our lazer rangefinders are classified as weapons

are they the same as the ones you'd buy over the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

ganmo wrote: »

He's not really worried about 5G, he's complaining that he wasn't "consulted".
    Anyone smell an election in the air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    He's not really worried about 5G, he's complaining that he wasn't "consulted".
    Anyone smell an election in the air?

Ya I do, think will it be before Christmas or after?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement