Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Any of ye heading out on Friday morning with your gun and dog.

I'm sitting in the kitchen cleaning the gun but I reckon Friday will account as a brisk country walk as I haven't seen a pheasant since earlier in the Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Base price wrote: »

I'm sitting in the kitchen cleaning the gun but I reckon Friday will account as a brisk country walk as I haven't seen a pheasant since earlier in the Summer.
    I've seen a good few around here, I think a neighbour is rearing them around his place.
    I'll hardly venture out, there seems to be less lads shooting around here the past couple of years I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Anyone watching liverpool. 5-5 at full time. Going to penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Base price wrote: »

Not seen as many pheasants about here this year either, not sure why... usually we’d have a good few if em about...

Hope we don’t have anyone shooting. Sick of lads coming into our place with some sob story that they didn’t know they weren’t supposed to be there - even though the local gun club has been informed I don’t want em... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Base price wrote:

]I'm sitting in the kitchen cleaning the gun but I reckon Friday will account as a brisk country walk as I haven't seen a pheasant since earlier in the Summer.

The inlaws have a small game society based on their land and a few neighbours so I'll head out for a walk with them on Friday morning alright. We released 75 adult birds there at start of October, have seen a few met their faith on the road but hopefully enough still around to make for an enjoyable season

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »

19 goals is fairly good for senior soccer. And my language has improved since the final whistle:)

Some of you might remember the quad calves born in Clare 2 years ago.
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1189619900161183744?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Isn't the young Irish Goalie playing??:(

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Isn't the young Irish Goalie playing??:(

Ye. He played well. The 5 goals weren't really his fault and he saved a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Some of you might remember the quad calves born in Clare 2 years ago.
    https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1189619900161183744?s=19

Plenty of ''Grennans'' paraphenalia about.... jackets and bucket

• Advertisement

Ye. He played well. The 5 goals weren't really his fault and he saved a penalty.

I might be a bit harsh but I felt he could/should have pushed two of the balls wide instead of into the box. Delighted for him though, he looked capable despite being left exposed a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Keep Sluicing

I'm absolutely wreaked. Up at 4:30, Flew out from Dublin around 6:30 this morning for an all day meeting 20 miles south of Edinburgh. Flew back into dublin around 9 this evening and just home in west cork.
    Used to do this sort of craic more often a few years ago... today reminded me why I don't do it so much anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

I'm absolutely wreaked. Up at 4:30, Flew out from Dublin around 6:30 this morning for an all day meeting 20 miles south of Edinburgh. Flew back into dublin around 9 this evening and just home in west cork.
    Used to do this sort of craic more often a few years ago... today reminded me why I don't do it so much anymore

Was at same
    Going over evening before is easier on body

• Registered Users Posts: 4,197 ✭✭✭orm0nd

wrangler wrote: »
    Plenty of ''Grennans'' paraphenalia about.... jackets and bucket

heard they messed him about a bit after they had the quad calves at the ploughing & didn't honour their commitment but seems all 1 happy family again

the calves were hardly licked dry when liffey mills had a photo shoot and pics in their newsletter , wernt seen since.

I'm a Halloween grinch. Can't wait until it's over...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

The Yorkshire Farmer is back on Channel 5 next Tuesday at 8pm.
    Probably the best farming program last year

This is the family.
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/latest-news/modern-technology-doesn-t-rule-our-lives-says-the-yorkshire-shepherdess-on-the-one-show-1-10075467

The mother is a writer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

494118.jpg:eek:

You would hate my house so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Then there was a west cork search and rescue operative or along those lines stating how the problem is so bad that people don't care anymore about declaring their use of cocaine and how it's so mainstream.
    The common theme between the two callers is the use is phecking up people's mental health and if you go on any drugs you're basically ruined for life.

It could be more a case that they weren't in a good place mentally in the first place. There was a want or a need there that wasn't being addressed. Something going awry in their life. Then it very tempting to fill the void with whatever self medication takes your fancy.... drugs, drink, gambling, prostitutes.... take your pick.

Any subsequent mental health issues after the misuse is still rooted back to not addressing the original issue(s).

What's melting your head now? Kids driving u crazy? Phone mysteriously self imploded? Powerwasher taken on a mind of its own?
    Tell your boards "agony uncles" :)

Lovin' that light fitting! That should be in guntering thread!! Blue and Nek could rustle up a few for us!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Muckit wrote: »
    It could be more a case that they weren't in a good place mentally in the first place. There was a want or a need there that wasn't being addressed. Something going awry in their life. Then it very tempting to fill the void with whatever self medication takes your fancy.... drugs, drink, gambling, prostitutes.... take your pick.

Any subsequent mental health issues after the misuse is still rooted back to not addressing the original issue(s).

And all the above always compound any issues.

We may get Dr.Frasier Crean on to take us back to our childhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Did you make up that light assembly? Mad........

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Muckit wrote: »
    Lovin' that light fitting! That should be in guntering thread!! Blue and Nek could rustle up a few for us!!

Thanks, but I hate to disappoint you, electrics wouldn't be my strong point, it took me nearly 10 minutes to turn the picture the right way up:o

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Nostalgia - I love the converted old SINGER sewing machine - or it it incorporated in there somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

494118.jpg:eek:

Nice steampunk vibe of that wall light.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

A Vegan, the Scariest thing any farmer could think of dressing up as for Halloween. 😂

We may get Dr.Frasier Crean on to take us back to our childhood.

Watch the reruns every night that l have recorded on Sky. One of the best sit coms of all time imo. Great cast and so well written.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Nostalgia - I love the converted old SINGER sewing machine - or it it incorporated in there somewhere ?

Some of those old machines allowed you disconnect the belt and flip the machine upside down, giving you a level table top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Dozer1

sad day when the old lad broke out the hatchet on the singer sewing machine press,

it was part and parcel of my childhood

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement