Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭emaherx

Ya could have said no:D

Yea I could :rolleyes:

Edit: but frozen marathons aside I’m glad I didn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Watching Frozen for the first time. It's actually not bad

Yea it’s a decent movie ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

4 and half yo just asked me to put "cold" on the tv. We record all the sat evening movies and they are repeated and repeated then over the coming days, weeks, months!!!! Aggghh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Muckit wrote: »
    4 and half yo just asked me to put "cold" on the tv. We record all the sat evening movies and they are repeated and repeated then over the coming days, weeks, months!!!! Aggghh!!

Two and half year old asked us to get her the bucket yesterday morning hadnt a notion what she was on about till mammy came down, she had brought her trick our treating the Friday night and all her sweets where in a pumpkin bucket in the press

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Two and half year old asked us to get her the bucket yesterday morning hadnt a notion what she was on about till mammy came down, she had brought her trick our treating the Friday night and all her sweets where in a pumpkin bucket in the press

But did you help her empty it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,444 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

He put a tax on it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

I'm sickening myself on two buckets here since they were out. No self control at all......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Bullocks wrote: »
    I'm sickening myself on two buckets here since they were out. No self control at all......

If it’s any consolation ... I’m as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Ye's may move over to the teat feeders lads them buckets would break ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

ours arent allowed sweets, in my day id be like a pig in a trough at halloween! How things hqve changed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

kevthegaff wrote: »
    ours arent allowed sweets, in my day id be like a pig in a trough at halloween! How things hqve changed!

Mine dont really eat sweets at all. Their Halloween haul is just sitting where they left it Thursday night

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

whelan2 wrote: »
    Mine dont really eat sweets at all. Their Halloween haul is just sitting where they left it Thursday night

There’s still an Easter egg kicking about in our sitting room 🙄
    Wouldn’t Have happened in my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »

One of the youngest lads friends isnt allowed sweets at home. He's like a Hoover when he comes to our house.

I've seen the light.

20191103-142657.jpg

20191103-143016.jpg

20191103-142926.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I've seen the light.

20191103-142657.jpg

20191103-143016.jpg

20191103-142926.jpg

What book is that Say?

What book is that Say?

JADAM Organic Farming, The way to Ultra Low Cost agriculture by Youngsang Cho.

It's written about advocating going back to traditional Korean natural farming methods to improve your profit. Reducing your input costs.

I only really bought it for some new 'recipes'. But the life advice makes for some bonus.
    If you've a sore back. Roll up a towel and lie on it on the floor.
    If you've sore shoulders. Hang out of a bar for several minutes.

I'm hoping to get into their Facebook group too so hopefully I haven't done the book a diservice by posting those pages.
    But I heard good reports about it before and it hasn't disappointed so far.

Lots of what is written is the same as what farmers discuss in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

Olympic Qualifier -

Hockey Penalty shuttle shoot out coming up right now on RTE 2 Canada 0 v Ireland 0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Olympic Qualifier -

Hockey Penalty shuttle shoot out coming up right now on RTE 2 Canada 0 v Ireland 0

Well worth watching. They’re doing well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Odelay wrote: »
    Well worth watching. They’re doing well.

Sudden death now and we're in the lead

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

_Brian wrote: »

I'd be counting down the days until next Easter and the return of those delicious creme eggs, I have serious will power issues when it comes to chocolate.

• Advertisement

Well done Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

wrangler wrote: »
    Well done Ireland

I’d say there was half a second on the last goal happening. Some achievement and the Irish goal keeper was excellent under pressure.
    Looking forward to seeing them in the olympics.

Odelay wrote: »
    I’d say there was half a second on the last goal happening. Some achievement and the Irish goal keeper was excellent under pressure.
    Looking forward to seeing them in the olympics.

A lot of referrals went against them during the match and some of them shouldn't have..... I couldn't believe then that the two at the end went against the canadians

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

494118.jpg:eek:

You would hate my house so.

Great idea... My grandmother one is in the shed. I'll do something simular.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Mac Taylor

Quick question and apologies because I know it’s been asked before but I cannot find the reply, if I buy a car for 16,000 and use it for 50% farming, can I claim the 24k limit or is it 16k (the amount I paid)

Example: 16k divided by 8 yrs by 50% = 1k capital allowance v 1.5k. Neighbor is asking me, don’t know why though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

I'd be counting down the days until next Easter and the return of those delicious creme eggs, I have serious will power issues when it comes to chocolate.
    Would have serious problems myself with the chocolate
    Am actually addicted to it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,215 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Rough old joint on the telly now on Wingman. Reminds me of the one in the film about the farmer versus Intel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Just watching Pop Goes Northern Ireland with the kids and trying to explain the mess that we lived through, thankfully from a distance. I remember a good few of the incidents but I'd forgotten how inured we became to the near nightly dead toll:(

I'm struggling to understand how any sane person would do anything to help return to those times or justify anything that could lead to it returning?

Just watching Pop Goes Northern Ireland with the kids and trying to explain the mess that we lived through, thankfully from a distance. I remember a good few of the incidents but I'd forgotten how inured we became to the near nightly dead toll:(

I'm struggling to understand how any sane person would do anything to help return to those times or justify anything that could lead to it returning?

I remember the time the IRA robbed the bank in enniscorthy. I was sitting in a car outside a doctor's practice and this car came speeding past. A minute later a squad car followed but must have decided they were gone so turned down a side street to go back to the bank.
    The whole family of us were wondering what was going on and why the squad car didn't go straight on and give chase.

It says here they got them all but there was definitely a car speeding off.
    https://amp.independent.ie/regionals/enniscorthyguardian/news/csi-man-dunphy-will-be-forever-linked-with-infamous-shootout-27232241.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,773 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

The house where they captured Dominic 'Mad Dog' McGlinchey isn't that far from me.
    I also remember passing a car around a bend in county Limerick with my Uncle and he saying that, the guy had a habit of going missing when there was IRA activity in the area. He said he was just a decoy. Crazy times alright.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement