Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭MickeyShtyles

Not a great wknd here. Neighbor killed in an accident up the road and someone drove into the bus stop beside the house, knocked the fence, the ditch and a few trees. And no sign of what did the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

52rRzmKl.jpg

There's hardly another set of twins in there? :pac:
    Not due for another month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Jb1989

52rRzmKl.jpg

Course their is :)

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Course their is :)

Noooooooooooo. I don't want any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,511 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

52rRzmKl.jpg

Not twins,maybe triplets or quads :)

• Advertisement

whelan2 wrote: »
    Not twins,maybe triplets or quads :)

:eek:

She's quite a small second calver so hoping that's what's making her look so round. Incalf to a limo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Take away message ...keep your mouth shut....and stay off the blacklist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/03/world/europe/eu-farm-subsidy-hungary.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Car insured for another year and I saved €145 by going on line. Cheers chill.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

Take away message ...keep your mouth shut....and stay off the blacklist.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/03/world/europe/eu-farm-subsidy-hungary.html

I’d take very little heed of what Americans have to say on safe and affordable food production.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,482 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Odelay wrote: »
    I’d take very little heed of what Americans have to say on safe and affordable food production.

Shocking all the same that cronyism for the elites is not being challenged. If a word is said by the peasant farmer the attack dogs of the elites call around.

We're just on the cusp of it but if a farmer is not getting a living wage, over 30k in direct payments from the EU, then pretty soon that farmer will be out of business.
    It doesn't matter what type of farming it may be, the race to extract as much blood as possible is just about complete.
    Happy New Year everybody!..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,142 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭memorystick

Would 25 fr bullocks be too tight on 2 spans of slats? 12.6 slat
    Have 73 to fit on 6 spans. Fierce wet at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

wrangler wrote: »

Gay did good work in this country during the 60's and 70's - though in recent years he appeared to get very bitter and contrary when it came to certain subjects

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭148multi

Shocking all the same that cronyism for the elites is not being challenged. If a word is said by the peasant farmer the attack dogs of the elites call around.

We're just on the cusp of it but if a farmer is not getting a living wage, over 30k in direct payments from the EU, then pretty soon that farmer will be out of business.
    It doesn't matter what type of farming it may be, the race to extract as much blood as possible is just about complete.
    Happy New Year everybody!..

Was talking to a man involved in the save leitrim group, they got on to a large farmer organisation about the forestry plantings, the organisation sent two ladys from UCD to compile a report on farms being bought by non leitrim entitys. They found that most forestry in leitrim was owned by locals. But when the group picked one parish and researched the ownership, they found less than 10% local owners, and found a dainish insurance company had bought a number of properties for planting. There are many forms of corruption and I believe the people involved are getting better at covering it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Would 25 fr bullocks be too tight on 2 spans of slats? 12.6 slat
    Have 73 to fit on 6 spans. Fierce wet at the minute.

Sounds like a lot of them to me, depends on how big they are i suppose.
    How many could comfortably lie down at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Gay did good work in this country during the 60's and 70's - though in recent years he appeared to get very bitter and contrary when it came to certain subjects

Always though he looked down on people each to there own I sapose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

Well worth watching.
    Yes indeed, I've a new favourite sport, now I get why the ladies are into the rugby. You'd have to admire the conditioning and all round fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

I says wrote: »
    Car insured for another year and I saved €145 by going on line. Cheers chill.ie.

I know it definitely pays to shop around for insurance but the cheapest quote isnt always the best.
    It always pays to read the small print, sometimes the cheaper quotes don't cover as much as others. Some companies charge for temporary transfers if your car is in the garage others cover thirty days a year for free.
    The customer service is brutal with certain companies with employees who will tell barefaced lies to get business and deny it later.
    Settling claims can be a nightmare with some of them too.

Yes indeed, I've a new favourite sport, now I get why the ladies are into the rugby. You'd have to admire the conditioning and all round fitness.

Lol. I had the same thought watching it and the ladies rugby last year. What’s good for the goose and all that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

tanko wrote: »
    I know it definitely pays to shop around for insurance but the cheapest quote isnt always the best.
    It always pays to read the small print, sometimes the cheaper quotes don't cover as much as others. Some companies charge for temporary transfers if your car is in the garage others cover thirty days a year for free.
    The customer service is brutal with certain companies with employees who will tell barefaced lies to get business and deny it later.

The large print giveth and the small print taketh away,

• Advertisement

I just hit a fox on the head with a turf.
    Was bringing in stuff for the fire, and the brazen little shít was standing there facing off with the cat. So instinct took over :pac:
    Gun is actually inside waiting for him as he's been around the last while. He can consider the turf his warning!

Was bringing in stuff for the fire, and the brazen little shít was standing there facing off with the cat. So instinct took over :pac:
    Gun is actually inside waiting for him as he's been around the last while. He can consider the turf his warning!

Fcukin turf wars...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Are you as good of a shot with yon gun?

Grueller wrote: »
    Are you as good of a shot with yon gun?

With how close he's getting, I'd be a bad shot to miss!

With how close he's getting, I'd be a bad shot to miss!

You’ll be at drive by shootings next.

You’ll be at drive by shootings next.

Otherwise known as lamping :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

tanko wrote: »

They’ll all Rodger ya if and when the can only some charge ya more for the privilege of bending you over.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

What is the best month to sell empty/cull cows.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

What is the best month to sell empty/cull cows.

April through to August? My reasoning being that summer grazers and 7 month retention men would be activity looking for livestock units for grass and beef prices are usually highest in late spring/ early summer. From now until Christmas is probably the worst time imo, the sucker and dairy farmer is offloading culls before the winter, beef prices are way back and the finisher has to either store them over or finish out of the shed which is high cost. The marts here in the North West are full of cows and will be for the next few weeks, I'd say cows are back nearly €200 a head in the last 3 weeks although that nearly always happens at this time of year. I know that's not much help to you with cows to sell at the moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement