Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,888 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Yea sold 4, trade isn’t great
    Hope trade improves

Probably walked by you so, I thought the cows and the heifers weren't too bad but that's just my opinion. The bull weanlings were a middling trade but there that way every where I'm afraid, hard to know what's going to happen but the outlook isn't great atm. There was a lot of stock about for the time of year I thought, mostly farmer's stock as opposed to dealer's cattle so perhaps lads are going to sell earlier than other years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Odelay wrote: »
    Richie was full aware of the conditions too. No sympathy for him.

I think Richie was trying to get him back for earlier, if I have that right, when he hit him across the face.

If Owen's had a brain maher and Barry would have been on yellows in the first 10 minutes. The belt Ritchie got wouldn't have happened. He is the worst ref imaginable. He ruined a good game. Hard to think he has loads of relations in Kk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Well the ref didn't give Tipp a penalty in the first half.
    The sending off didn't look back in slo mow but in real time you could see the elbow came out. Doesn't count for the size of the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Water John wrote: »
    The sending off didn't look back in slo mow but in real time you could see the elbow came out. Doesn't count for the size of the loss.

Momentum had swung majorly in Tipps favour before the sending off. Tipp had scored 1-3 to a single point for Kk. They were winning nearly every battle on the field. Obviously the sending off didn't help but I think Kilkenny simply weren't winning enough personal battles to win the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

The sending off would have had no effect on the result, plenty of teams won finals with 14 men. Kilkenny would still have lost, Tipp we’re far more efficient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭dzer2

Momentum had swung majorly in Tipps favour before the sending off. Tipp had scored 1-3 to a single point for Kk. They were winning nearly every battle on the field. Obviously the sending off didn't help but I think Kilkenny simply weren't winning enough personal battles to win the game.

The referee wasn't doing his job. It was 8 points to 3 when Ritchie won that puck out turned towards goal.and was hit in the face with a hurl which required a blood sub. No free given resulting in a tipp point. 2 minutes later Wally grabbed by the neck, ball caught and sent across field and goal resulted. Ref not doing his job. Hard not to react on your Last appearance in Croke park. Couldn't give 2 ****s if not good enough to win but at least have a fair ref. Cody had to.take Barry Kelly out a few years ago looks like he has another one to sort out

dzer2 wrote: »
    The referee wasn't doing his job. It was 8 points to 3 when Ritchie won that puck out turned towards goal.and was hit in the face with a hurl which required a blood sub. No free given resulting in a tipp point. 2 minutes later Wally grabbed by the neck, ball caught and sent across field and goal resulted. Ref not doing his job. Hard not to react on your Last appearance in Croke park. Couldn't give 2 ****s if not good enough to win but at least have a fair ref. Cody had to.take Barry Kelly out a few years ago looks like he has another one to sort out

The goal came from a good catch by Maher I think. He outfielded Walshe. Wally wasn't at the races today. 1 point from play I think? The ref was the same for both sides. If he was doing his job he would have given Tipp the penalty they should have got.
    I'm a neutral here, it makes no difference to me one way or another. But I didn't think the ref was the reason Tipp won today. Outside of the first 20 mins or so they were the better team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

naughto wrote: »
    Went to the cinema last night for the first time in yonks, date night it was, and saw a beautiful film "Blinded by the light" , things have been foobar in England for a long time.
    As a side note, it was a small town cinema, Saturday night, and only about 10 in our screen. It would be a shame if these places closed down, our local finished up about 20 years ago. Bloody Netflix etc.

With the price they charge to see a film it’s no wounder there closing.
    With the films being online a few days later if not before and with s half decent internet connection and know how to get it on your own tv can you really blame people for not going
    Steak and burgers comparison there. €8 for 2 hours of escapism was good value for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Dozer1

If the ref had done his job in the semi final maybe Kilkenny might not be there today...suck it up

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

There are days when you come off second best. KK should simply accept that. I'm from Cork, I should know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

There are days when you come off second best. KK should simply accept that. I'm from Cork, I should know.

You have to take the bad with the good, that’s what makes the good days great.

I’m a Clare man and I was there in 1998 when the whistle was blown early. And I was also there when we won our few but sweet all Ireland’s.

Kilkenny will bounce back. Well done tipp.

I’m a Clare man and I was there in 1998 when the whistle was blown early.

Me too. I ended up sitting on the pitch 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

My Daddy is a Templemore man and was the oldest chap on Hill 16 today, spent the second half giving high 5's to youngsters a fraction of his age:) - it was a privilege to witness the sheer skill and talent of Callinan,Bubbles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Good feed on the ferry home.
    Be back in Dublin in a few hours.

_Brian wrote: »

It’s along time since I was on a ferry but I remember that time that the breakfast was as rough as the crossing.

My day in the crescent in limerick wasn’t a total waste. I picked up hugh fearnley-whittingstalls original river cottage cookbook for €9 in Heatons. 500 page hardback about small holding and foraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

How did you find the W B Yeats?
    Heading to the local version of a local Agri Show tomorrow, a Comice Agrigole, should be interesting.
    Will take a few pics of anything unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Never wrestle with pigs

What is the email address for the cattle movements? Do you just take a picture of the form filled out and send that to them by email? Thanks

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    How did you find the W B Yeats?
    Heading to the local version of a local Agri Show tomorrow, a Comice Agrigole, should be interesting.
    Will take a few pics of anything unusual.

We found it great.
    Some friends had complained but we found it great.

Plenty of space so didn’t seem full either way.
    Food is probably a step up from OW and cheaper too.

Cabins maybe a little smaller but bunks very comfortable.

We went to a local show a few years ago and loved it. They were doing traditional cider making and wine making which was really interesting to see.

2835km door to door, all bar maybe 400km towing the caravan behind Ford Kuga. 1400kg caravan and biggest job is holding back the Kuga, she sits at 100kph towing at her leisure. Better than my own Tiguan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

2835km door to door, all bar maybe 400km towing the caravan behind Ford Kuga. 1400kg caravan and biggest job is holding back the Kuga, she sits at 100kph towing at her leisure. Better than my own Tiguan.

Don't think I ever got up to 100kph towing a trailer, would frighten the bejaysus out of me if I got a wobble.

Don't think I ever got up to 100kph towing a trailer, would frighten the bejaysus out of me if I got a wobble.

You should see some of the Dutch drivers towing vans.
    I was sitting at 100 and they were passing me with ease, I’d say some were towing at more than 120kph.

Towing limit in France on motorway is 100kph where it’s 80kph here. If there are lots of trucks on the motorway I just match them at 90/95 rather than be passing them.

Once a van is well loaded and properly matched to the car it will tow well, blustery days take a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Jaysus my nerves would be well shot driving at that speed! Sudewinds be my concern.

I'd be bricking myself sometimes with just the SUV and driving the Tuam/ Limerick motorway.

I've 2 pair of wellies and both pairs are leaking!!
    First world problem really, but pure misery all the same..... and did u hear about the price of beef??!! Leave it soo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Muckit wrote: »
    First world problem really, but pure misery all the same..... and did u hear about the price of beef??!! Leave it soo!!

Tec 7 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Odelay

No fear the left of one pair and the right of the other are sound?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

ganmo wrote: »
    Tec 7 :P

Plastic bag, low tech solution:pac:

I thought l was onto a winner ordering a new pair from screwfix. But fecking things were too big !!(ordered my shoe size instead of size smaller!)

Had to return them today through Post Office.

And still no dry welly!!

Jaysus my nerves would be well shot driving at that speed! Sudewinds be my concern.

I'd be bricking myself sometimes with just the SUV and driving the Tuam/ Limerick motorway.

Honestly it’s no bother.

40ft trucks passing too close are my pet hate. Sucks you over into them 😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement