Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chitchat 10/10- Now VIRUS-FREE!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,544 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Saw a meteor in sky earlier.
    Nice tail behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,419 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Was at the liverpool game, just when you think they might actually get a clean sheet the goalkeeper gets sent off...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    You're F&F's grumpy auld fella :D

Might surprise you this year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭orm0nd

_Brian wrote: »
    Nice tail behind it.

to morrow morning is to be the peak i think, mointoring meteor scatter here and getting some loud pings last 48 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭visatorro

whelan2 wrote: »
    Was at the liverpool game, just when you think they might actually get a clean sheet the goalkeeper gets sent off...

Christ if they don't win this year!
    United scuttered thru seasons for years, it's our turn!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

I've €20 on Rodgers revenge. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

_Brian wrote: »
    Nice tail behind it.

Yep - saw a big one too. About ten past 5 in the Eastern sky. Same one?
    Never seen one as big before.
    Any idea if it made it to earth anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

orm0nd wrote: »
    to morrow morning is to be the peak i think, mointoring meteor scatter here and getting some loud pings last 48 hours

Is that an App or a website?

See where a 12 year old was stopped last night in Trim in a john deere tractor with an 8 year old and a 15 year old in the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,418 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

See where a 12 year old was stopped last night in Trim in a john deere tractor with an 8 year old and a 15 year old in the cab.

Oh nice

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Oh nice

At something like half 12.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Reggie. wrote: »
    Oh nice

Oh deare.

(Sorry, just had to.)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Which one was driving? :rolleyes:

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

Which one was driving? :rolleyes:

12 year old. Wft were they doing out at that time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

12 year old. Wft were they doing out at that time?

Coming back from the pub?:p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,192 ✭✭✭orm0nd

was at a joint wedding/birthday celebration this afternoon,

the happy couple were 60 years married yesterday, .. yesterday was also their eldest son's 59th birthday and Friday was the husband's 86th birthday.

all in great spirits and the parents still tipping away, him doing woodwork and light metal work, and herself knitting , and baking etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Odelay

orm0nd wrote: »
    was at a joint wedding/birthday celebration this afternoon,

the happy couple were 60 years married yesterday, .. yesterday was also their eldest son's 59th birthday and Friday was the husband's 86th birthday.

all in great spirits and the parents still tipping away, him doing woodwork and light metal work, and herself knitting , and baking etc

It’s great to see people enjoying their elder years in good physical and mental health.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I blame Meath Farm Machinery.
    (dealers always get the blame when young fellows get hooked on a drug!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

This has been picked up all wrong, they were just some examples of the whiskey bottles found therein, showing the farmers fine taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,395 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Probably the same in every parish in the country at some time or another.
    But in the locality ages ago here there was eight teenagers in a tractor here out at 11.30 p.m. Off course the tractor turned over on the road and everyone of them took to the fields before the guards turned up. Smalltime contractor's son was the supposed driver, underage and overcooked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Base price

OH's cat has been like a demented devil over the last few weeks and very unsettled, not eating properly etc. I brought him to our Vet earlier during the week and he has mites in his ear. First time he had ear mites and he is seven years old. Vet gave us an ointment (Oridermyl) that has to be injected into both ear's every day. Have any of ye ever tried putting this stuff into a cats ear cause it's like dicing with your life. Any handy suggestions for a cat crush :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Welding gloves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Old bath towel. Wrap cat in it and get someone else to hold it securely Best of luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Get bedsheet, make cat burrito. Put cat burrito on ground & while holding scruff, kneel, putting a knee each side of it, then hold cat firmly in place with knees & sorta use your bum to hold it down. Do not sit on it, that doesn't go down well. Just hold cat in place with knees & scruff, while you put evil potion in ears. :)

Get bedsheet, make cat burrito. Put cat burrito on ground & while holding scruff, kneel, putting a knee each side of it, then hold cat firmly in place with knees & sorta use your bum to hold it down. Do not sit on it, that doesn't go down well. Just hold cat in place with knees & scruff, while you put evil potion in ears. :)

Can you post a video to demonstrate this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Odelay

Let it go down the sleeve of an old coat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,125 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

It was demonstrated on last weeks cat hospital on RTE if it's on Player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Sure, but I'll be dressed up as Santa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭kk.man

Sure, but I'll be dressed up as Santa :D

NiceðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Our Vet showed me how to wrap the cat in a sheet/towel but imo it doesn't actually stop him getting the paws/claws out unless you are prepared to nearly choke him.
    We are on day 6 of injecting the stuff into his ears and it's getting more difficult every day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement