Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closing Account

Options
  • 11-08-2019 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you advise what I need to do to close my BOI account and move all savings to another bank? A friend has recently done this and said the process was painful, but didn’t go into much detail.

I’ve been banking with BOI for 15 years+ but you’ve fallen behind every other bank in the market (crap interest rates on savings and still no Apple Pay are the two main bugbears for me) so I think it’s time for a change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Go into the bank you wish to join, and get them to organise the switch for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi fullstop,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service provided.

If your address is up to date with us you can absolutely close your account by filling out the form I have attached here.

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement