Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying AppleCare from eBay?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I've never had a problem, but I haven't bought it that cheap either. I've got it for Mac minis, MacBook Airs and Pros.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

When you receive the serial number you enter it on your Apple ID account and it will tell you if it's verified or not. Usually that's enough. Technically Apple can deny you coverage unless you have proof of purchase of AppleCare from an official Apple reseller, but I doubt Apple or AASPs ever look for it once the database tells them you are covered. However, potentially the seller could screw you over by reporting it stolen. That's the risk you take.

Where these cheap AppleCare codes come from I don't really know. One theory I heard is that premium resellers have to sell a certain amount of AppleCare plans to keep their premium status, so sell them off cheap to get rid of them. Like whiterebel though I have never seen them that cheap, but then I doubt many people buy Applecare for iPods. There's really no need.

Advertisement