Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's asylum hotel monthly bill tops €3.54m

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Can anyone remind me what the benefits are for the normal people of the country to take all these young, male "refugees" into the country?

How can anyone look at this stuff and then get surprised / shocked when more people become racist / turn to far right views?

From my travels around Europe, they are vital in terms of the Selfy-Stick economy around train stations. They are also a vital cog in the Mini Eiffel Tower Key Ring industry. Need fake sunglasses in Spain? They got ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭SporadicMan

From my travels around Europe, they are vital in terms of the Selfy-Stick economy around train stations. They are also a vital cog in the Mini Eiffel Tower Key Ring industry. Need fake sunglasses in Spain? They got ya.

Yes, it's great that we'll now be able to make tourists feel uncomfortable at all of our major landmarks. I didn't quite realise what we were missing until you said this. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Can anyone remind me what the benefits are for the normal people of the country to take all these young, male "refugees" into the country?

How can anyone look at this stuff and then get surprised / shocked when more people become racist / turn to far right views?

DIVERSITY IS OUR STRENGTH YOU BIGOT!!!!! WE'RE STRONGER TOGETHER YOU NAZI!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much all the Left to defend this scam. All these "refugees" are Men of military age and are certainly very fit.

Rape and violent crime have skyrocketed in Western Europe since this started, Govts and media are trying to bury any crime they commit and they get priority on our housing lists while 10,000 Irish [4,000 being children. And that's only what the Govt will admit up to] die in the streets. They'll demand we change everything about our Country to accommodate them while contributing nothing to it.

Gee, I wonder why racial tensions are rising in the West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭lola85

enricoh wrote: »
    Numbers up 40% this year iirc. Keep em coming.

When the tiger calved at least we got plenty of motorways out of it. Next time the economy calves we'll have spent all the dough on free housing and welfare for spoofers n spongers- our own and imported.

Keep bleating on about the governments need to build houses for everyone who presents as homeless or has their name on a list and these people will keep coming.

Why wouldn’t they.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Govts and media are trying to bury any crime they commit and they get priority on our housing lists while 10,000 Irish [4,000 being children. And that's only what the Govt will admit up to] die in the streets. They'll demand we change everything about our Country to accommodate them while contributing nothing to it.

:eek:

You need to go public with this information.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Il Fascista

These nice gentlemen are charging tourists for artwork after they've accidentally stood on them:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

These nice gentlemen are charging tourists for artwork after they've accidentally stood on them:

I can't wait to see them in Dublin. Mostly because I don't live in Dublin. Hopefully they annoy locals as much as tourists.

The police obviously don't give a toss either. Just like home

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

A couple of reasons. Some believe that the moral thing to do is to help those that are worse off than us. Asylum seekers that get refugee status often are fleeing war torn countries or famine. Another reason is economics. There are studies that demonstrate the benefits of getting people of working age into a country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Just a reminder: 40% of adult African nationals in Ireland are employed, far less than the average for Irish natives or for other immigrant groups.

The moral thing for us to do is to help the Irish workers who are paying for all of these non-EU migrants who are not working, by performing real due diligence on who we allow into our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A couple of reasons. Some believe that the moral thing to do is to help those that are worse off than us. Asylum seekers that get refugee status often are fleeing war torn countries or famine. Another reason is economics. There are studies that demonstrate the benefits of getting people of working age into a country.

To not work???

Mainly all don't work and never will work, why would they.... They'd be actually quite stupid if they did....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I would love to see similar rules to that of new Zealand and Australia.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Just a reminder: 40% of adult African nationals in Ireland are employed,.

And I'm sure RTE and the Govt will peddle it as a great success. Much like the German media and Govt did last year when they touted that 25% of the migrants that came over in 2015 are now in employment [conveniently ignoring the fact that 75% are still on the dole] and a sign of successful integration.

I would love to see similar rules to that of new Zealand and Australia.

They've already surrendered. Australia already has Sharia Zones and NZ's Prime Minister surrendered after Christchurch.

They've already surrendered. Australia already has Sharia Zones and NZ's Prime Minister surrendered after Christchurch.

New Zealand's capitulation was alarming. The definition of surrender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Just a reminder: 40% of adult African nationals in Ireland are employed, far less than the average for Irish natives or for other immigrant groups.
    Which continent has the lowest average IQ.

vriesmays wrote: »
    Which continent has the lowest average IQ.
    That should not be surprising, as most likely the majority do not have access to quality education. To me, that is the source of the African problem. Instead of sending billions and billions to quangos and NGOs and enriching the elite of these African countries, the money should be re-directed to all facets of education, from rudimentary to third level and to vocational-type schools.
    Empower the people with education and you will find that it improves the continent's fortunes. This, in turn, will turn the migrant tide back inward.

All African aid money should have a substantial percentage dedicated to education.
    The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. (Aristotle)

That should not be surprising, as most likely the majority do not have access to quality education. To me, that is the source of the African problem. Instead of sending billions and billions to quangos and NGOs and enriching the elite of these African countries, the money should be re-directed to all facets of education, from rudimentary to third level and to vocational-type schools.
    Empower the people with education and you will find that it improves the continent's fortunes. This, in turn, will turn the migrant tide back inward.

All African aid money should have a substantial percentage dedicated to education.

They get 134 billion a year as it is

Blueshoe wrote: »
    They get 134 billion a year as it is
    Going to the wrong places/people.
    It's an outrageous amount of money, and we are not getting anywhere near a decent return of investment.

So, try a different approach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

That won't work, donating aid to non-capitalist countries is money down the drain.

Going to the wrong places/people.
    It's an outrageous amount of money, and we are not getting anywhere near a decent return of investment.

So, try a different approach.

Invite here and build them houses?
    Would that work?

Paddy can clock in another few hours overtime.

• Advertisement

Please do explain this one?

If you are capable after your 10,000 Irish homeless dying in the streets bollix.

Boggles wrote: »

If you are capable after your 10,000 Irish homeless dying in the streets bollix.

You're actually denying that there are 10,000 Irish on the streets? Even RTE of all places admits that. :rolleyes:

You're actually denying that there are 10,000 Irish on the streets? Even RTE of all places admits that. :rolleyes:

They are homeless, they are not on the streets, but that is not the bollix I was talking about.

This is
    10,000 Irish [4,000 being children. And that's only what the Govt will admit up to] die in the streets.

Link? Or will RTE not report 1000s of people dying in the streets.

Also could you answer this when you get a chance.

BaghdadBobComicalAli.jpg

The Lefties on this forum.

The Lefties on this forum.

If you call someone out for mass amounts of bullshít you are a leftie?

Interesting to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

To not work???

Mainly all don't work and never will work, why would they.

Thats not true.

Boggles wrote: »
    If you call someone out for mass amounts of bullshít you are a leftie?

Interesting to know.

10,000 Homeless is not bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Why can't we focus on the fact that our government is mismanaging city planning instead of pitting asylum seekers versus homeless people.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Why can't we focus on the fact that our government is mismanaging city planning instead of pitting asylum seekers versus homeless people.

With 10,000 on the streets we should not be taking in migrants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

With 10,000 on the streets we should not be taking in migrants.

But there is not 10,000 on the streets .

10,000 in emergency accommodation .

6000 asylum seekers in direct provision accommodation.

What we need is actual control over our own immigrants if we need skilled people bring them in , bringing thousands who want a better life funded by us taxpayers with lifelong benefits , medical cards ,social housing and pensions ,
    Is not the way to go ,it's basket case policy and demands of a small group of people

Advertisement