Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's asylum hotel monthly bill tops €3.54m

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,351 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

AlekSmart wrote: »

Perhaps not.
    The older generation did have French but even then mainly the better educated. Young Vietnamese for instance are far more interested getting a handle on English. The cities are full of English colleges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    What does Ireland or the UK offer that France or Belgium doesn't in terms of seeking wealth and a better life?

No ID card system as well as English language.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

so the 16 on the ship, all men from Iraq and Iran. Fair enough, i'd probably leave those countries too if i could. But a cursory glance at a map shows at least 10 safe countries as the crow flies between Iraq and France. What is kind of asylum is it that would spur these men on all the way to this Island having achieved safety days and days ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Perhaps not.
    The older generation did have French but even then mainly the better educated. Young Vietnamese for instance are far more interested getting a handle on English. The cities are full of English colleges.

True indeed,but thankfully Dublin in particular,has been well served by it's own language schools...yes ?

https://www.independent.ie/opinion/comment/englishlanguage-schools-shouldnt-help-facilitate-illegal-immigration-31256798.html

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

Blueshoe wrote: »
    There is one in a rural town close to my home house with 18 people. The hotel owner is actually a scumbag who was the type to be posting anti migrant messages on twitter and Facebook.

I say "was" because now that he is being paid a small fortune he has morphed into Bono or some other similar type fruitcake.

Money talks

Why should being anti immigration automatically make someone a scumbag? trust me there are many people who are but they just don't talk about it as they know they will be painted as a racist in this modern clown world. I love it when they use the Irish card "Irish emigrated everywhere", yes they did and the people in those countries didn't welcome them with open arms so why should we?

Why should I support something just because Irish people did it? Irish people also used to raid Scottish settlements 2000 years ago and probably raped the women, should I support that now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

so the 16 on the ship, all men from Iraq and Iran.
    SE Asia, so that more likely that means somewhere like Pakistan, rather than the middle east.

Anyway hope no one needs an ambulance in a hurry, or is trading goods in/out from the port with the likely delays occuring.

via RTE news:
    fNZ2rvD.png
    Also several doctors cars, and other services are in attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

it said on the six o clock news they were from Iraq and Iran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

so the 16 on the ship, all men from Iraq and Iran. Fair enough, i'd probably leave those countries too if i could. But a cursory glance at a map shows at least 10 safe countries as the crow flies between Iraq and France. What is kind of asylum is it that would spur these men on all the way to this Island having achieved safety days and days ago?

Its widely known among the economic migrant/asylum seeker community that Ireland is governed by a bunch of complete arseh0les who wouldn't take a hard decision to save their lives and are scared sh1tless of media criticism.

Hence it's Utopia for illegal immigrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

via RTE news:
    fNZ2rvD.png
    Also several doctors cars, and other services are in attendance.

Wtf that is utterly ridiculous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

AlekSmart wrote: »
    Spot-On!

Can't see Verona Murphy's campaign being anything other than greatly assisted by this latest bout of opportunism.

The sensible,and entirely reasonable approach would be....

Look after them shipside,no disembarkation and delivered directly back to The Cherbourg Gendarmerie,along with an invoice to cover the cost of the entire show.

However,in the absence of either we shall have to endure the "official line" as per Taoiseach Varadakar.....

.....I'm particularly fond of the line...."they may wish to claim asylum" as it reminds me that we are nearing Pantomine season..."Oh yes they will....:)....Oh no they won't :mad:"

Bring back walking the plank. Might give some of them food for thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Why should being anti immigration automatically make someone a scumbag? trust me there are many people who are but they just don't talk about it as they know they will be painted as a racist in this modern clown world. I love it when they use the Irish card "Irish emigrated everywhere", yes they did and the people in those countries didn't welcome them with open arms so why should we?

Why should I support something just because Irish people did it? Irish people also used to raid Scottish settlements 2000 years ago and probably raped the women, should I support that now?

It is only to force people to fall in to line with the most radical of neoliberal politics.

It's about ensuring conformity and closing down dissent, especially working class dissent.

Politically it is killing the Left but they don't seem to care, let their voters eat cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Gatling wrote: »
    A better picture (from PA), can't be cheap all of this, maybe the white van at the front has the tea and cakes that are being passed in.

xt8ZkTQ.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Gatling wrote: »

Yeah, **** them, people in the back of a lorry don't deserve medical attention. Isn't that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

Yeah, **** them, people in the back of a lorry don't deserve medical attention. Isn't that right?
    They do but local people should come first.
    Two doctors cars and two ambulance is disgraceful.
    There were no reports of anybody in a life and death situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Bring back walking the plank. Might give some of them food for thought.

Sadly,I fear there would be Health & Safety issues re the Plank....:rolleyes:

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yeah, **** them,

Yeah return to sender ,

Should not be allowed to disembark under any circumstances ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think the genie is out if the bottle. We got away with it for a long time. Ireland the soft touch awaits.

Verona Murphy will probably top the poll ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Will they stay here though? They're hardly going to hang around if they're sent to Achill for the winter.

DP isnt a prison, they'll probably have a good meal and a bed and be on their way to London or Dublin or where ever they were headed when they were caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Geuze wrote: »
    These 16 illegal immigrants from Asia should be deported today, I mean asap, within 24hrs of arrival.

I'm also of the opinion that while they can be treated for any medical issues on board the vessel that they should be sent back to France where they came from the ultimate problem is by allowing them to claim asylum after stowing away it only encourages more of this both by the desperate and the predatory smugglers.

End of the day they came from a safe country or in this case another EU member state and should be sent back there, I've no problem with LEGAL immigration but if you dont clamp down on the illegal methods of entry not to mention allowing the asylumn process to be used without entering or presenting themselves at a legal port of entry only encourages more of this and it never ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Government flew 100-200 odd people in from Beirut on Tuesday, and not a word of it. Only reason anyone knows if someone randomly saw them disembark.

Probably a few more charted flights to deliver more out of sight to Baldonnel in the future.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭171170

Varik wrote: »
    Government flew 100-200 odd people in from Beirut on Tuesday, and not a word of it. Only reason anyone knows if someone randomly saw them disembark.

Probably a few more charted flights to deliver more out of sight to Baldonnel in the future.

I have no problem whatsoever with that. They were probably the pre-screened Syrian refugees who are welcome to this country.

But it looks as though the illegals on the Stena ferry have won the Immigrant lottery:-

"At some point later this evening they will be taken to a reception area in Dublin where they will be cared for in terms of accommodation and food."

(Irish Indo)

Varik wrote: »

?

114Bn back from UNIFIL :pac::D

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dfmagazine/albums/72157711847455587

Not the same flight, day, or airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

Ah cheer up lads. By my numbers, tonight we've solved 0.00001339696894% of the humanitarian crisis in Iran and Iraq.

Primetime tonight: How do we stop these potentially lethal attempts to enter the country?"

Well, ya pop them on the ferry back to France when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

They set up a mobile A&E unit in the Port....Doctors, Nurses, Paramedics...the full whack.
    CEO's from the Migrant NGO's sprinting into the offices of the Irish Media to get top billing on the evening radio shows and TV news. Prime Time giving it the full Miriam treatment.

If Virtue Signalling was an Olympic Event, Ireland would win Gold, Silver and Bronze every time. Embarrassing

Actually going by another thread and some news articles from last week Lisa smith was also meant to be among them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

RTE saying they're Kurds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

Colm Brophy of FG just said on Prime Time we have to take our fair share of asylum seekers as members of the EU. Ah that’s nice!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

When will people realise we are only going to be paying more for everything and getting nothing for it.

We are been taken from all sides....

Advertisement