Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland's asylum hotel monthly bill tops €3.54m

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

seenitall wrote: »
    Blair's way.

Labour saw it as a way of Gerrymandering the election process through demographics.

They didn’t realize how much it would piss their mostly white working class vote off no end.

And the end result? Brexit.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭wellwhynot

I am surprised that FF have maintained the same stance as FG with regards the asylum racket. They would gain enough votes to beat FG if they publicised the cost of each each fake asylum seeker with numerous appeals and promised to deport current and future fakers in an orderly fashion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

alastair wrote: »
    It’s decriminalised for the purposes of seeking asylum, under article 31 of the status of refugees act - correct.

So could you clarify to what extent criminal acts become legalised under this article? For example, would putting a gun to the driver's head be acceptable if it helped getting them on the truck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Graces7 wrote: »
    After the 39 dead? Why embarrassing? Humanitarian and sense from every angle. Once the authorities had been informed of the men ?

Had they just shrugged and refused to attend?

We knew before the ship docked that they were in good health and good spirits. Overkill for the cameras to show how great we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

We knew before the ship docked that they were in good health and good spirits. Overkill for the cameras to show how great we are.

Joseph Goebbels would be proud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

wellwhynot wrote: »
    I am surprised that FF have maintained the same stance as FG with regards the asylum racket. They would gain enough votes to beat FG if they publicised the cost of each each fake asylum seeker with numerous appeals and promised to deport current and future fakers in an orderly fashion.

FF have no ideology so blow with the wind.

Remember as well, their developer buddies will see the asylum racket as a potential boon and boom for building.

IF it is true about these lads running away I wonder why its not a headline on RTE?

Just wondering if we do bring in a extra 3 million people now....

Where can they get houses? How will their Social Welfare Work? Who going pay for extra Schools, Hospitals and all the other infrastructure that will be needed to meet the supply?

I’m not totally against the idea cause maybe I have missed something but basically how hell can this all be paid for?enligthen me cause maybe I’m the stupid one here.

Y'all have to forgive them but there not he sharpest tool in the shed.

Wibbs wrote: »
    The muppets that come out with this nonsense seem to forget that the pre famine population were, outside of urban well off areas, dirt poor peasants one failed harvest away from calamity. Oh wait... But yep this increase population stuff is very odd, bordering on creepy. More crowding please! Especially as the same muppets will almost certainly also push the sky is falling in environmental rhetoric and on that they're on firmer ground, yet having one less person around is one of the biggest positive impacts on our environment. Never mind that the Irish population has had sustained growth for many decades and doesn't have the birthrate issues of some other EU countries. And yet they use the same script when it doesn't apply here. Funny that.

What's scary is how so many of these talking heads have sod all knowledge of basic history or demographic impacts and just parrot off the third hand script they've been given as gospel and if any dissenting voice does come along they have no answer beyond screeching racism!! or whatever ism you're having yourself. Though as has been pointed out we hear fewer and fewer dissenting voices of any stripe and that's very worrying.

What do you think is going to pay for this ****e.
    Climate change taxes I'd reckon. Ice caps being melting for years and no one gave a toss before this. Now it's a disaster. Well that's my conspiracy theory anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Taxpayer will pay for these new arrivals, we have no choice

Taxpayer will pay for these new arrivals, we have no choice

Yup. For these ones.

But I do disagree about not having a choice. Ireland is still technically a democracy, and there are mechanisms to show a lack of faith in a government. I'm sure there's ways to show a complete lack of faith in the political parties too.

There is a growing movement of people who are sick of this rubbish, and honestly, it's a breath of fresh air. Sure, there's some stinky air too from some corners, but overall, there's room to start fixing some of the issues. Hopefully, complete political reform could be pushed. Can you imagine what a competent government would feel like? Free from corruption, political families, and anyone even remotely associated with the older style of politics?

The migrant issue is just a symptom that Ireland needs to change. As long as the current political parties and the politicians associated with them, have a chance of gaining office, retarded migration is going to exist, along with a host of other problems.

• Advertisement

I'm in the absolute giggles right now. :pac:

I'm correcting assignments, where I allowed the students (university-sophomores) to write about anything (it's a business writing class but I was bored with the usual junk). The majority did mostly social issues relating to China at the moment. Cyber-bullying, the 14 yr old murderer, homosexuality, etc. One student wrote about immigration to Europe. Pretty good writing, and some interesting statistics I hadn't seen myself, especially about the cost of passports for Syrian refugees. She finished with the claim that Europe was being taken as a sucker. (loved that she phrased it that way) So, even a nineteen year old Chinese student can see what's going on. We must be the laughing-stock of the world right now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'm in the absolute giggles right now. :pac:

I'm correcting assignments, where I allowed the students (university-sophomores) to write about anything (it's a business writing class but I was bored with the usual junk). The majority did mostly social issues relating to China at the moment. Cyber-bullying, the 14 yr old murderer, homosexuality, etc. One student wrote about immigration to Europe. Pretty good writing, and some interesting statistics I hadn't seen myself, especially about the cost of passports for Syrian refugees. She finished with the claim that Europe was being taken as a sucker. (loved that she phrased it that way) So, even a nineteen year old Chinese student can see what's going on. We must be the laughing-stock of the world right now. :rolleyes:

The Chinese have an insult "baizuo", it means white left. Its used about people who are little lords.

The Left in America tend not to like the Chinese or Jews for not falling into line behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FF have no ideology so blow with the wind.

Remember as well, their developer buddies will see the asylum racket as a potential boon and boom for building.

I'm not sure any party beyond the greens have an ideology in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm not sure any party beyond the greens have an ideology in Ireland

The Greens don't have one either. Theirs are just "better" sounding new taxes, as we saw last time out when they created a two tier motor tax system overnight and which led to many of the issues they're now complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Ehh, you want to tag people or lock them up for a year and a half, not having committed any crime? That’s the process you’re advocating?

How about breaking the law by entering the country illegally and criminal damage for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Only when certain criteria are met, which I've highlighted below.
    From here:

That clearly states if they are coming Directly from a state where their life was in jeopardy.

Were they in danger in France?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭gw80

What do you think is going to pay for this ****e.
    Climate change taxes I'd reckon. Ice caps being melting for years and no one gave a toss before this. Now it's a disaster. Well that's my conspiracy theory anyways.

You maybe closer to the truth than you think,
    Have you ever heard of the UN agenda 2030, if not have a look, but remember to read between the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

This thread deserves a special facepalm award.

Ah yes one of our resident spokesperson from the asylum industry.

Are you doing the weekend shift this week with boggles ?

Ah well I guess all us racists have to be lectured over the weekend and all us taxpayers have to be reprimanded for not doing enough for the rest of the world.

I am not allowed discuss …

gw80 wrote: »
    You maybe closer to the truth than you think,
    Have you ever heard of the UN agenda 2030, if not have a look, but remember to read between the lines.

Find it fascinating since Merkle agreed to let in and maybe in the case initially being genuine all the refugees to Europe. This has kicked off. Brexit and all the environmental concerns and helping anyone but natives in their own country or that's the feeling ya get.Trying to connect the dots. Weather that's anyway real or not. I know one thing people are being lead by the nose to a stink they will not like.

The whole migrant crisis (refugee/asylum crisis if you are of a certain mindset) has really thrown up some weird anomalies that would not normally be seen in the past.

You have had mega rich capitalists advocating the mass movement of people and spending of vast sums on the facilitation of this.
    One even admitted they wanted to eradicate national borders and the notion of homogenous states.
    Of course the vested interests and indeed state authorities started selling this to the natives with the idea that these people would help them with their pensions and healthcare costs in the future.
    Only fly in the ointment is normal people have copped on that importing totally unskilled labour into a shrinking unskilled labour market will have the opposite effect and just add to costs in the future.
    Added to that a lot of the people vying for entry have showed through their predecessors that they aren't really going to part take in the labour market at all.

Then you have the left chomping at the bit to import vast numbers of migrants, the vast majority unskilled and not fit to join the workforce, which anyone with half a brain can see will be competing for scare public resources with the traditional base of the left, the working class and unemployed.

The left seem to have abandoned their support base, normal working people.
    They now lecture their former support base for daring to question the importation of vast numbers of people to compete against them for jobs, welfare, healthcare, education, housing.
    Maybe it's that a lot of the driving force of the left have always been the revolutionaries, the proponents of social societal change, the discriminated, the minorities, the intellectual academics and even the anarchists.
    They see that they have for the most part won equality for women (yeah yeah we all know the pay gap mantra but it is bull for most part when you just total up the numbers and not compare like with like), equality for sexual orientation, etc.

Where is the next fight ?
    Well for some it seems it is the fight for people to be allowed self describe themselves as an amoeba and everyone has to play along or the right for anyone to live anywhere.
    Oh and the native of that anywhere has to of course pay for that privilege.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

jmayo wrote: »
    The whole migrant crisis (refugee/asylum crisis if you are of a certain mindset) has really thrown up some weird anomalies that would not normally be seen in the past.

You have had mega rich capitalists advocating the mass movement of people and spending of vast sums on the facilitation of this.
    One even admitted they wanted to eradicate national borders and the notion of homogenous states.
    Of course the vested interests and indeed state authorities started selling this to the natives with the idea that these people would help them with their pensions and healthcare costs in the future.
    Only fly in the ointment is normal people have copped on that importing totally unskilled labour into a shrinking unskilled labour market will have the opposite effect and just add to costs in the future.
    Added to that a lot of the people vying for entry have showed through their predecessors that they aren't really going to part take in the labour market at all.

Then you have the left chomping at the bit to import vast numbers of migrants, the vast majority unskilled and not fit to join the workforce, which anyone with half a brain can see will be competing for scare public resources with the traditional base of the left, the working class and unemployed.

The left seem to have abandoned their support base, normal working people.
    They now lecture their former support base for daring to question the importation of vast numbers of people to compete against them for jobs, welfare, healthcare, education, housing.
    Maybe it's that a lot of the driving force of the left have always been the revolutionaries, the proponents of social societal change, the discriminated, the minorities, the intellectual academics and even the anarchists.
    They see that they have for the most part won equality for women (yeah yeah we all know the pay gap mantra but it is bull for most part when you just total up the numbers and now compare like with like), equality for sexual orientation, etc.

Where is the next fight ?
    Well for some it seems it is the fight for people to be allowed self describe themselves as an amoeba and everyone has to play along or the right for anyone to live anywhere.
    Oh and the native of that anywhere has to of course pay for that privilege.

Utter Hyperbole.

We take in the bare minimum of Asylum Seekers / Refugees, we haven't even fulfilled the absolutely meager quota we signed up which was optional.

Boggles wrote: »
    Utter Hyperbole.

We take in the bare minimum of Asylum Seekers / Refugees, we haven't even fulfilled the absolutely meager quota we signed up which was optional.

I am not just talking about Ireland, just look at UK, just look at Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands.
    I am talking about the bigger picture as we are still part of Europe.
    The left in the UK have abandoned their former support base, especially so in certain towns and cities where they are more interested in looking all inclusive than looking after the disadvantaged native kids thrown to the wolves.

Now you can dress it up that the numbers are small here because you are only counting official refugees taken in from Turkey, Lebanon, etc.
    But what about the ones that just turn up at airports and ports?
    What about the Kurdish guys in the truck. ;)

We have thousands of asylum seekers.
    And I know your buddy will be a long to tell is about all those that didn't get official right to stay and how they all left.

They came to the wrong country and have more than likely left, what's the exact problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I am not just talking about Ireland, just look at UK, just look at Sweden, Germany, The Netherlands.
    I am talking about the bigger picture as we are still part of Europe.
    The left in the UK have abandoned their former support base, especially so in certain towns and cities where they are more interested in looking all inclusive than looking after the disadvantaged native kids thrown to the wolves.

Now you can dress it up that the numbers are small here because you are only counting official refugees taken in from Turkey, Lebanon, etc.
    But what about the ones that just turn up at airports and ports?

We have thousands of asylum seekers.
    And I know your buddy will be a long to tell is about all those that didn't get official right to stay and how they all left.

alastair considers it perfectly within the law to carry out €1,000,000 of destruction on a cargo of pharmaceuticals and enter a country illegally. The mind boggles, Boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

They came to the wrong country and have more than likely left, what's the exact problem?
    Stating the obvious, but what about the criminal damage? We are the mugs who end up paying for such damage.

Stating the obvious, but what about the criminal damage? We are the mugs who end up paying for such damage.

I don’t know what pharmaceuticals that lorry was carrying but the impact of a shortage of medicine is more concerning than the value of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

A sure that's grand then isn't it we can all relax now.

Really, what Irish company was the freight insured with?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭bigroad

They came to the wrong country or so we are told.
    And sure they gone now as you say so that's grand we can all relax now and wait for the next load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭enricoh

Meh, a million quids worth of stuff in the container and the costs associated with getting rid of it.
    Insurance will try to weasel out of paying n if they do pay the hard grafting haulier will have some Whopper of a quote next year, if he can get one. Collateral damage in the asylum industry!

Advertisement