Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newborn Admin List

• 11-08-2019 5:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

My Mrs recently gave birth to #2 and it's amazing how much we've forgotten about the whole administrative side of having a new child! These are ones which come to mind, is there anything we're forgetting?
    1. Registration (for birth cert and PPS)
    2. GP Visit Card (PPS needed)
    3. Child Benefit (automatic, once registration completed?)
    4. European Health Insurance Card (PPS needed)
    5. Drug Payment Scheme (PPS needed)
    6. Health Insurance (if available)
    7. School registration, savings account, as needed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Once you register the birth child benefit form is sent out. We registered for gp card once we had pps no. Can't think of anything else except keeping on top of the vaccine schedule. I booked the next appointment at each vaccine jab so I didn't miss one, second time around you're so busy with two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Schools if the ones you’re interested in have a first come/first in policy.
    Less applicable to number 2 as they’ll usually get sibling priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

spuddy wrote: »
    My Mrs recently gave birth to #2 and it's amazing how much we've forgotten about the whole administrative side of having a new child! These are ones which come to mind, is there anything we're forgetting?
    1. Registration (for birth cert and PPS)
    2. GP Visit Card (PPS needed)
    3. Children's allowance (automatic, once registration completed?)

Drug payment scheme card too which I only realised during week I’ve forgotten and an E111 card if you are planning on hols at any point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Put baby on your health insurance if you have it. I’ve been forgetting that daily for the last few weeks!
    I would also open a bank or credit union account once you have the pps no!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Love the thread title.Very appropriate!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thank you for this thread!

Id completely forgotten that you had to apply for the GP card, and i didnt even know about the drug payment scheme card. Can anyone apply for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

scarepanda wrote: »
    Thank you for this thread!

Id completely forgotten that you had to apply for the GP card, and i didnt even know about the drug payment scheme card. Can anyone apply for this?

Yes you can. You might never need it but handy to have before you do need it so you arent stung on medication fees at short notice.

It caps the household monthly spend on medication at €124.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭scarepanda

lashes34 wrote: »
    Yes you can. You might never need it but handy to have before you do need it so you arent stung on medication fees at short notice.

It caps the household monthly spend on medication at €124.

Sound! Ive just applied for the GP card for the baby and will apply for the other card right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭spuddy

Great response, thanks all! I've edited my first post to consolidate the info, hopefully it'll be of help to others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Add ECCE registration possibly too... I know of a few people recently who have missed the first year of it, because they waited until the child was two to go looking for places.

Passport, if intending to travel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement