Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Diana and Macca.

Resale in April.

tenor.gif?itemid=7882639

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Dammit, he's playing at Confused Hot Dwarf 2019? I stopped going when it got too corporate.

Guess that's Glasto out so.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I'll be sure to brush up on my 'na nas' !

can't have enough na nas, I say : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

So bloody happy right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The field will be rammed for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

I saw PMC in Glasgow in December last year, hands down the best concert experience of my entire life. For those that have never seen him, ye are in for a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The post Macca pile on will rival Gorillaz.

Yeah. The Pyramid's gonna be mayhem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Fantastic news,this will ease the pain when Taylor Swift is announced : )

they're making a second Worthy View-esque campsite, where Campervan West field used to be (out past South Park camping fields):

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/pre-erected-camping/sticklinch/

As part of our continued commitment to reducing waste at the Festival, we are pleased to introduce Sticklinch campsite – a new official offsite campsite on the former site of the West Campervan Fields for the 2020 Festival.

Like our existing campsite at Worthy View, Sticklinch will offer unpretentious, custom-made and pre-erected Festival accommodation a short walk from the Festival site for those who would like to have a tent ready and waiting for them on arrival at the Festival, and nothing to carry home but their bags.

The Sticklinch pre-erected campsite will be home to a range of Podpads, Yurts and Bell Tents, as well as a limited number of the Festival’s signature scout-style tents, and offers a more gently undulating walk to the Festival site, ideal for those who find the climb to Worthy View challenging.

The Sticklinch car park is in the adjacent field, a short walk from the accommodation, but we would encourage guests to travel by public transport wherever possible. As with Worthy View, as well as being the first to secure Glastonbury tickets, those who have booked to travel to the Festival with a coach + ticket package will have priority booking when booking opens for Sticklinch Campsite.

Bookings for Sticklinch Campsite will be taken exclusively by the Festival’s nominated booking agency, See Tickets.
    Coach + ticket package holders will have access to a pre-sale for Sticklinch accommodation from 6pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

The pre-sale will be followed by a general release for coach package and general admission ticket holders at 7pm on Thursday 21st November, 2019.

In order to make an accommodation booking for the Sticklinch campsite, you must already have a valid ticket booking for Glastonbury 2020.

All prices are for five nights – Wednesday June 24th to Sunday June 28th, inclusive. Prices do not include Festival tickets. Everyone who wishes to stay at Sticklinch must have a valid Festival ticket.

Please note some structure types have very limited availability and are expected to sell out very quickly.

To make a booking you will be required to enter the registration number you used when booking your Festival ticket. Please note you will need to present this ticket on arrival when checking in at your accommodation.

You may book up to 2 units of accommodation per booking. Car parking tickets for Sticklinch will also be available to book when making an accommodation booking. Please note that if you are staying at Sticklinch and wish to arrive by car, you must buy a Sticklinch Car Park Ticket – not a general Festival Car Park Ticket,

Having booked accommodation via See Tickets, you will receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation within 24 hours, and will receive a follow-up message from the Festival in May 2020 with further details of your accommodation and access information.

Should you be unable to attend the Festival, or should you wish to cancel your accommodation booking for the Sticklinch campsite you may do so up until May 7th, after which time your reservation will be non-refundable. All refunds prior to May 7th will incur a £20 administration fee per unit.

Additional campervan pitches will be available on the East of the site, and at the Bath & West Showground to accommodate the displaced campervans and caravans.

Webmap-2019-v3-.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I saw PMC in Glasgow in December last year, hands down the best concert experience of my entire life. For those that have never seen him, ye are in for a treat.

Yea i caught him in the RDS in 09 and it was such a magical evening. Would easily go again but id say prices will be expensive since i think i paid 80 or 90 back in 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Yea i caught him in the RDS in 09 and it was such a magical evening. Would easily go again but id say prices will be expensive since i think i paid 80 or 90 back in 2009

Caught McCartney in Hyde Park in 2010. Astonishing. Three hours of brilliance including many of the greatest tunes of all.

[HTML]https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2010/hyde-park-london-england-33d4087d.html[/HTML]

Unsure how his voice has changed in those few years but am not unduly concerned. The band is great, he'll sound well and the crowd will lap up every last track. The Glasto gig will be pretty unmissable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

That's some setlist

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Caught McCartney in Hyde Park in 2010. Astonishing. Three hours of brilliance including many of the greatest tunes of all.

[HTML]https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/paul-mccartney/2010/hyde-park-london-england-33d4087d.html[/HTML]Unsure how his voice has changed in those few years but am not unduly concerned. The band is great, he'll sound well and the crowd will lap up every last track. The Glasto gig will be pretty unmissable.

Saw him in the Echo Arena last year. Surprised that stuff like "My Valentine" really hit home. Macca is still such a powerful performer the deterioration in the voice is moot.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Saw him in the Echo Arena last year. Surprised that stuff like "My Valentine" really hit home. Macca is still such a powerful performer the deterioration in the voice is moot.

Yeah. To be honest, all he has to do is turn up and be a bit lively :) I mean his back catalogue is so iconic it will basically be a singalong. He'll get about one bar into each of his songs and the crowd will take over.

I know there will be some dry-balls who will go "I want to hear McCartney. If I wanted a karaoke I would have gone to a Japanese resturaunt". But I think he/crowd will be epic.

Reminds me of the fun of Lional Richie a few years ago. Was brilliant craic.

Yeah. To be honest, all he has to do is turn up and be a bit lively :) I mean his back catalogue is so iconic it will basically be a singalong. He'll get about one bar into each of his songs and the crowd will take over.

I know there will be some dry-balls who will go "I want to hear McCartney. If I wanted a karaoke I would have gone to a Japanese resturaunt". But I think he/crowd will be epic.

Reminds me of the fun of Lional Richie a few years ago. Was brilliant craic.

I was one of the lucky ones to be at the '04 show at the G. The live music experience doesnt get much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Carol25

grape86 wrote: »
    Fantastic news,this will ease the pain when Taylor Swift is announced : )

I was going to ask what is wrong with Taylor Swift, who's one of the most talented modern artists, has released 7 highly successful albums, and was one of the best concerts I've been at...and then I saw your username, and thought enough said!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Carol25 wrote: »
    I was going to ask what is wrong with Taylor Swift, who's one of the most talented modern artists, has released 7 highly successful albums, and was one of the best concerts I've been at...and then I saw your username, and thought enough said!
    Sorry what do you mean "then I saw your username, and thought enough said". My username refers to a piece of fruit and a childhood nickname? Taylor Swift wouldn't be my cup of tea but everyone has different tastes and is entitled to their own opinion. There is no need to get offended or personal..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Carol25

grape86 wrote: »
    Sorry what do you mean "then I saw your username, and thought enough said". My username refers to a piece of fruit and a childhood nickname? Taylor Swift wouldn't be my cup of tea but everyone has different tastes and is entitled to their own opinion. There is no need to get offended or personal..

I apologise I thought your username said sourgrapes when reading in a hurry...fair enough she’s not your cup of tea, you didn’t need to pass a comment then. Why does no one criticise Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande or the other artists that are pure rubbish - but have a ‘cool’ narrative pushed by the media. Ariana looks dead and robotic in her concert performances of which there have been far too many dates, to the point she’s sick. There seems to be a universal acceptance from certain quarters in society to mock Swift for no apparent reason which is tiresome and old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Campervan tickets are on sale tomorrow evening at 7. Is there a scramble for these also or should you get one if online at the right time?

traco wrote: »

Played with Ringo on Helter Skelter. They'd never played that live together before. Wow, that must have been some moment.

mossy464 wrote: »
    Campervan tickets are on sale tomorrow evening at 7. Is there a scramble for these also or should you get one if online at the right time?
    It's a wee bit of a scramble but *touch wood* should be doable.

Worth bearing in mind that there's no West CV Fields next year - due to new glamping setup "Sticklinch" - so East will be rammed!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭beecee

fair enough she’s not your cup of tea, you didn’t need to pass a comment then.

followed by :D:D:D
    Why does no one criticise Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande or the other artists that are pure rubbish
    Ariana looks dead and robotic in her concert performances of which there have been far too many dates, to the point she’s sick.

.. fair enough she’s not your cup of tea, you didn’t need to pass a comment then. Why does no one criticise Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande or the other artists that are pure rubbish - but have a ‘cool’ narrative pushed by the media.
    If it helps, I think Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift are all equally as rubbish as each other! :pac:

Basq wrote: »
    If it helps, I think Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift are all equally as rubbish as each other! :pac:

I beg to differ on Billie E. An unusual talent for one so young, and not to be lumped in with many of the other soulless anodyne popsters.

Taylor Swift has more talent than either of those, and several past Glastonbury headliners, will ever hope to have.

• Advertisement

Missed out on the tents and campervan tickets................

Advertisement