Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Ah balls... what were you looking for?

Got a CV ticket by about 7.05 but was refreshing that worrying holding page for far too long.

Preferably CV but anything will do. The thought of trekking a tent over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Got a CV ticket after refreshing the holding page frantically. Then got a session timeout when I clicked the final button to buy tickets but it had already told me before that the payment was already taken so wasn't sure what happened. Anyway money came off my card and got the email confirmation so happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭traco

They went fast, much faster than I was expecting.

5 of us heading in two campers, were looking for quiet east seeing as they got rid of west. Got one in quiet section and one in east. Think we got lucky. Vans already booked so its all official now road trip to Somerset in June 2020!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Carol25 wrote: »
    I apologise I thought your username said sourgrapes when reading in a hurry...fair enough she’s not your cup of tea, you didn’t need to pass a comment then. Why does no one criticise Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande or the other artists that are pure rubbish - but have a ‘cool’ narrative pushed by the media. Ariana looks dead and robotic in her concert performances of which there have been far too many dates, to the point she’s sick. There seems to be a universal acceptance from certain quarters in society to mock Swift for no apparent reason which is tiresome and old.

Taylor Swift fans are nuts. Nobody was even having a pop at her and you just appear out of nowhere and start soap boxing. You're caught up in a personality cult.

Anyone get Worthy View?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 grape86

Got the CV ticket handy enough thankfully-got through after about 3mins of refreshing.hope ye all got sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Anyone have any recommendations of companies for renting a camper either here or over there? If any could PM me I would be grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone get Worthy View?

Got a 4 man bell tent in WV. Got in at about 19:04.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Bookies seem convinced that the other two headliners are Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar. That should mean The 1975, Foals and maybe Green Day for the Other stage.

Haim also look like certainties given their announcement of a Trinity gig the week after Glasto.

Personally I wouldn't care less about any acts if we had The Kinks that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

few people on efests have heard rumours of Kendrick being the 3rd, and apparently he's booked for BST in London around that time too, so will be touring.

thought Green Day were out as that would mean 4 gigs in a row?

i'd be surprised if The 1975 agreed to play the Other, they've already headlined Reading/Leeds and would probably headline Glastonbury in a normal year, so might as well wait until 2021.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/live:bbc_radio_somerset_sound

15:25

Michael Eavis when asked about headliners: "I can't tell you the second one. You'll love her to bits. Everyone loves her."

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Bookies seem convinced that the other two headliners are Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar.

Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar ,dear God , the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury and thats the best they can muster.

Its Glastonbury ,not Capital FM's Summertime Ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, say what you want about Taylor Swift, she is certainly big enough for Glastonbury. One may not like her music but she is enormous and many MANY people do like her stuff and a huge amount of people would love to see her play there.

As for Kendrick Lamar? I don't know. I doubt they would go for both. They need a rock group. I've said it before and I'll say it again: C'mooooooon Pearl Jam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Poorside wrote: »
    the Kinks on Sunday afternoon would be brilliant.

Especially if it’s a sunny afternoon ! (I’ll get my coat !)

Did Ray Davies not do the Sunday afternoon slot solo a few years ago ? (By solo I mean with his own band rather than the Kinks. ) Or maybe I’m mis- remembering ?

trashcan wrote: »
    Especially if it’s a sunny afternoon ! (I’ll get my coat !)

Did Ray Davies not do the Sunday afternoon slot solo a few years ago ? (By solo I mean with his own band rather than the Kinks. ) Or maybe I’m mis- remembering ?

Yeah, he did it about a decade ago and had the enormous Crouch End Choir with him. Sounded great but his proper band would blow that out of the water.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Taylor Swift and Kendrick Lamar ,dear God , the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury and thats the best they can muster.

Its Glastonbury ,not Capital FM's Summertime Ball.

Paul McCartney - joint lead from the greatest band of all time.

Taylor Swift - biggest selling female artist on the planet.

Kendrick Lamar - Pulitzer Prize winner and several Gammys. Most acclaimed rapper around.

And dozens of other impressive acts on the way. Diana Ross, Wolf Alice & Supergrass the only certainties thus far but there'll be enough there for everyone. Even the grumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Was underwhelmed with Kendrick at the Pick.

Wooderson wrote: »
    Was underwhelmed with Kendrick at the Pick.

I enjoyed his set, but agree, I wasn't blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Paul McCartney - joint lead from the greatest band of all time.

Taylor Swift - biggest selling female artist on the planet.

Kendrick Lamar - Pulitzer Prize winner and several Gammys. Most acclaimed rapper around.

And dozens of other impressive acts on the way. Diana Ross, Wolf Alice & Supergrass the only certainties thus far but there'll be enough there for everyone. Even the grumps.

Don't forget Fatboy slim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Carol25

MadYaker wrote: »
    Taylor Swift fans are nuts. Nobody was even having a pop at her and you just appear out of nowhere and start soap boxing. You're caught up in a personality cult.

Anyone get Worthy View?

Thanks for confirming all I stated, the ‘worthy view’ - aka just because I’m a fan I don’t have one? The ‘nuts’ just because I enjoy her music. Think it’s time for people who make such comments to grow up a little bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭TenPicnics

Carol25 wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming all I stated, the ‘worthy view’ - aka just because I’m a fan I don’t have one? The ‘nuts’ just because I enjoy her music. Think it’s time for people who make such comments to grow up a little bit.

You're in the Glastonbury thread and you don't know what Worthy View is.... hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TenPicnics wrote: »
    You're in the Glastonbury thread and you don't know what Worthy View is.... hmmmm...
    Wait til you find out what artist they refer to as "the longdrops".. :D

Got the Campervan ticket, just need to confirm a campervan now.
    But the stars have aligned for me, was on holidays when the tickets went in sale, so was shïtting it that I wouldn't get online properly, took 10 minutes but got there, I'm a huge Macca fan, so that's just unreal, got the Campervan ticket after 3 refreshes.
    Just need Bowie and Prince to show up now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Basq wrote: »
    Wait til you find out what artist they refer to as "the longdrops".. :D

Or the rumours of people accidentally giving their phone/wedding ring/wallet to the Longdrops and then being *shudders* invited up on stage to try to find them

In 2016 I saw a fellow who dropped a small little ziploc bag into the longdrops and his two mates had him be the legs and were gonna lower him on down to see if he couldn’t fish it out!

Also I saw Sasha and John Digweed in district 8 last night and it was banging. Hopefully they’re still on the road together next summer and they play the glade again.

Poorside wrote: »
    Don't forget Fatboy slim.

Doing my best to Poorside. Bad experiences at EP over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭trashcan

Yeah, he did it about a decade ago and had the enormous Crouch End Choir with him. Sounded great but his proper band would blow that out of the water.

A decade, Jesus. I’d have said 4 or 5 years max. Where the hell did those years go ? I feel old.

Also Underworlds new live show is supposed to be mega and they are touring next year.

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »
    A decade, Jesus. I’d have said 4 or 5 years max. Where the hell did those years go ? I feel old.

Just checked, 2010. And yeah, I'd thought that Lionel Ritchie was a year or two ago but actually 2015. Movie of that gig in the cinema last week reminded me. It'll not be long before diana Ross is a decade ago. March of time 'n' all that.

Advertisement