Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RATM headlining The Other Stage against McCartney so..

Screenshot-2019-11-24-20-44-09-763-com-facebook-katana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That's a mother of a clash right there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭joinme

Basq wrote: »
    RATM headlining The Other Stage against McCartney so..

Screenshot-2019-11-24-20-44-09-763-com-facebook-katana.jpg

They have Dublin listed under UK instead of Europe. Would have thought a politically attuned band like RATM would get that right

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

joinme wrote: »
    They have Dublin listed under UK instead of Europe. Would have thought a politically attuned band like RATM would get that right

It says IE after Dublin.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

You can’t even read that poster what does it say?

Never mind it’s a fake poster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

MadYaker wrote: »
    You can’t even read that poster what does it say?

Never mind it’s a fake poster.

Apparently real. Leaked in error according to the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

That would have been a hell of a clash for you guys to decide on..i prob would have done half of Rage and then headed over to Macca if i had a ticket.. The thing that had me doubting that poster was the lack of european festival dates such as Werchter, Mad Cool, Nos whos announcements are imminent and you would think Rage would be playing at least a couple of those if touring Europe in the summer.

I'd wager that most, if not all, of the dates are real. We had the same with a previous EP poster that the promoters denied but was almost entirely correct. Acts have done this since the advent of the Internet as under legal obligations.
    RATM I'll expect at Glasto but hopefully in a different slot to that Macca clash.

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I'd wager that most, if not all, of the dates are real. We had the same with a previous EP poster that the promoters denied but was almost entirely correct. Acts have done this since the advent of the Internet as under legal obligations.
    RATM I'll expect at Glasto but hopefully in a different slot to that Macca clash.
    not really the same, a troll has literally admitted to faking it.
    the EP poster was a leaked early draft. this is 100% fiction from an Australian guy's imagination.
    “So, the insta was shopped, the poster isn’t anything amazing but the Insta really sells it. I just changed the post count and time stamp of it haha As far as why [I did it], I mean, I love a good troll hey. Plus how sick would it be if Rage did get their ass down here, and Splendour doesn’t seem too far out of the realm of possibility. Especially as it’s their 20th year.”

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I feel compelled to go and see macca out of fear of future regret despite not having much interest. I wouldn’t be so confident of rage playing I think this tour is purely for the $$$

not really the same, a troll has literally admitted to faking it.
    the EP poster was a leaked early draft. this is 100% fiction from an Australian guy's imagination.

Doh. He got me. Aren't we supposed to get less gullible with age?

Would still fancy them for the Other Stage. If the headliners are Macca, Swift, Lamar, The 1975 & Foals then there's definitely a gap for a bunch of noiseniks. Rage or Green Day I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

MadYaker wrote: »
    I feel compelled to go and see macca out of fear of future regret despite not having much interest. I wouldn’t be so confident of rage playing I think this tour is purely for the $$$

Yeah hes a must see. My parents used to blare the beatles non stop when i was a kid which led to me hating them but then went to see him at the point a few years ago and it was one of the best gigs ive ever seen. Amazing..dont miss it!

Can rule out Bon Iver now - Oz/NZ tour through June 2020.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Kendrick Lamar announced for a Dutch Festival just after Glastonbury weekend

better than much of the tripe that has graced the Pyramid in the last decade:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Long grind ahead for the Swift fans. "Oh she's so good, etc".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The tldr version of the next two pages:

"Taylor swift has no place at Glastonbury. It's a Rock festival. Not a pop festival. stick to insert-name-here-festival"

"Taylor Swift is better than any other act for the last 10 years of Glasto and totally should be there"

OK. Done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

"Taylor swift has no place at Glastonbury. It's a Rock festival. Not a pop festival. stick to insert-name-here-festival"

"Taylor Swift is better than any other act for the last 10 years of Glasto and totally should be there"

OK. Done?

I reckon she's ace and will go down well. Hell, if the Killers is considered a good turn at the G she'll nail it.

• Advertisement

OK. Done?

Not a fan and I'll thus likely be elsewhere. But no complaints about her playing. Reckon she'll go down a storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

OK. Done?

You forgot "Glasto isn't just the Pyramid and there will be 7 other headliners playing at the same time all of who'd be headliner grade for any other festival"... because that is my line.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Toast wrote: »
    You forgot "Glasto isn't just the Pyramid and there will be 7 other headliners playing at the same time all of who'd be headliner grade for any other festival"... because that is my line.

Well, y'see that's a valid, well thought out response so not valid in that debate :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Taylor Swift has announced a show at Hyde Park in July

^ Not indicated as exclusive so Glasto still on cards I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Basq wrote: »
    Can rule out Bon Iver now - Oz/NZ tour through June 2020.

giphy.gif

big 'ol Glastonbury hole in Aerosmith's tour:
    https://www.aerosmith.com/tour

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

big 'ol Glastonbury hole in Aerosmith's tour:
    https://www.aerosmith.com/tour

Yup subbing for McCartney it looks like

6/13/20 - Milan, Italy
    6/16/20 - Zurich, Switzerland
    6/21/20 - Dessel, Belgium
    6/24/20 - Prague, Czech Republic
    6/27/20 - Glastonbury, UK
    6/30/30 - Paris, France
    7/3/20 - Madrid, Spain
    7/6/20 - Lisbon, Portugal
    7/9/20 - Vienna, Austria
    7/12/20 - Krakow, Poland
    7/15/20 - London, UK
    7/18/20 - Manchester, UK
    7/21/20 - Middlefart, Denmark
    7/24/20 - Budapest, Hungary
    7/27/20 - Moenchengladbach, Germany

yeah, date is in an email to fanclub members. huge booking.

• Advertisement

yeah, date is in an email to fanclub members. huge booking.
    Yep..

79142855-519223955329900-5389690116845338624-n.jpg

Pure cheese!

I'll be there! :D

Advertisement