Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Mushy wrote: »

He has a long history of misleading information. People are pretty sceptical about his line-up announcements.

All very innocent and part of the fun of the build-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Mick looks like the years finally catching up with him on that vid today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    Why not?

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, they play Sunday and Axel finally shows on stage on the Monday! :rolleyes:

That's why.

Yeah, I mean not a shocker about Swift at all. She and MacCartney were as obvious as Foo Fighters a couple of years ago.

As stated previously, while I have no interest in her music if the weather is even half decent she'll go down a storm there.

Looking more and more like Kendrick Lamarr so..... Fair enough. No interest there either but hey.

Still gonna be a crackin' Glasto. Last year was the toughest for me. The weather just killed me (Plus I'm not gettin' any younger)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Still gonna be a crackin' Glasto. Last year was the toughest for me. The weather just killed me (Plus I'm not gettin' any younger)
    As bad as last year was.. and it was...

.. 2016's mud was hell!

• Advertisement

As bad as last year was.. and it was...

.. 2016's mud was hell!

Oh Christ yeah. I remember at one point huddling under the corner of a stall with my mates eating soggy chips in the pissing rain thinking:"It can't get any worse".... Then Christine And The Queens came on and just wouldn't shut up and get on with her songs (I have no opinion on her songs. But as Cartman would say"She's hella annoying"),

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I'd like to wish all wonderful freaks and good people a happy and peaceful new year .

Let's hope Glastonbury is dry... That's all xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Has anyone ever used a friend's ticket if they could no longer go? Interested to hear anyone's experience. PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

mossy464 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever used a friend's ticket if they could no longer go? Interested to hear anyone's experience. PM me

Yeah I've heard of people doing it but you would have to look very like them to get away with it and be staying in the festival (ie not in Worthy View or campervan fields) because they'll check the picture every time you leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

they don't check the picture/ticket going between Worthy View and the festival, only once when getting your wristband at the start.
    Only the wristband is checked between WV and the festival, to make sure you're actually staying in WV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is this a serious post?

Why wouldn't it be? It's pretty stressful!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Apparently some people manage it but few and far between I’d say. Last year they were checking tickets very carefully because there were fakes going around. They held my ticket up beside my face to make sure it was me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

It'd be fairly risky I would say. You could do a test and ask some random people whether they think you are the person in the photo your friend submitted, but unless the majority of those people thought it was you I wouldn't bother.

I've been 5 times and they make you take off any sunglasses and hats and hold the ticket with the photo up by your face for 5/10 seconds while they compare to make sure it's really you. Equally if you need to leave to go to the carpark you have to go through that process on the way out and in, also they give you a re-entry card and also put your ticket under the UV light to make sure it's genuine. They don't **** around.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

It might time to start growing a festival beard. I hope the OP was male.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Pet Shop Boys looking likely, not really my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

I did the ticket checking at Glastonbury for a couple of years and we had to be strict with checking the photos. If I recall, you may have needed photo ID as well or at least a bill that matched the address on the ticket.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Pet Shop Boys looking likely, not really my thing.

Not an adventurous booking but always great live. Sub-headliner on the Pyramid or headlining the Other Stage.

Has anybody ever camped outside of it on the Tuesday night? Someone in my group is suggesting it

Has anybody ever camped outside of it on the Tuesday night? Someone in my group is suggesting it

I have in the camper van fields yeah. Loads of people stay up all night before the gates open. Really stupid way to start off a 5 day festival imo.

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    I have in the camper van fields yeah. Loads of people stay up all night before the gates open. Really stupid way to start off a 5 day festival imo.

Can't agree enough with this. Unless you're nineteen and invulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭rubick

Didn't realise there was a Boardsie Glasto Thread.
    How are yiz!

2020 Ticket Day was our first failed one since 2014.
    The eFestivals Glastonbury forum is considerably less craic when you're kicking about for the Resale.

rubick wrote: »
    How are yiz!

The eFestivals Glastonbury forum is considerably less craic when you're kicking about for the Resale.

Indeed. 4th or 5th time for me now though so I'm used to it and well prepared to miss out. Have been for years.

Resale is getting more difficult though.

Its shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Wooderson wrote: »
    Its shyte.
    It's bad but the GlastoChat Facebook group is SO much worse!

It's bad but the GlastoChat Facebook group is SO much worse!

Theres a creepy underbelly to that forum.

How are yiz!

As before Rubick I'm happy to help out for the resale, an extra number on your side. I'm trying for four pals so adding 1/2 won't make much difference. I got three in the first sale so my broadband speed/location/luck may come good again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

How are yiz!

Will be my first as well, and couldn't care less if all I see is Macca

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    As before Rubick I'm happy to help out for the resale, an extra number on your side. I'm trying for four pals so adding 1/2 won't make much difference. I got three in the first sale so my broadband speed/location/luck may come good again.

Are you heading over? We'll have to meet for pints if you are.

• Advertisement

Poorside wrote: »
    Are you heading over? We'll have to meet for pints if you are.

Yep, three of us going so make plans for a Thur night beer. After that it's all downhill.

Advertisement