Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Seathrun66 wrote: »
    I've not had any luck since 2014 and don't expect to on Sunday. Which is fine as I've been several times in the past. I'm also not convinced that it's down to super fast broadband service going by the pals I've seen get tickets over the past five years. Seems like pot luck.

But is it time for them to bring in a lottery system? To favour those who haven't been before or not been for 2/3 years. Block on anyone going two years in a row? Each successful person can take along one (registered) friend. Or are the logistics for that too difficult? Doesn't seem so as they've managed to make a success of both the registration system and the anti-touting.

Given they operate on a registration system its only fair that a block of tickets (say 20%) be made available to long time registrations who've never made a purchase. It would take the heat out of the annual scrum overall and less hostility to See Tickets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

lbj666 wrote: »
    So guys, i am in a group of 6 theres a chance if i do get a ticket i might not be able to make it, i presume that if the full balance of my ticket isnt paid for by April its just my ticket that gets released and not the other 5 people? Its not clear on the website.

Yes. Everyone pays the balance individually and whoever doesnt pay doesnt go!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,907 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Best of luck in the morning all..

.. bag of nerves as usual!

Not feeling massively optimistic! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

That would be a good act to get for Glastonbury, Jerry and the Undisputed Pterodactyl's. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Basq wrote: »
    Best of luck in the morning all..

.. bag of nerves as usual!

Not feeling massively optimistic! :(
    Best of luck evrryone..did you try on thursday basq?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Soulsun

To avoid any confusion could someone please confirm the correct website and what time I need to be online at?
    Best of luck all

Best of luck evrryone..did you try on thursday basq?
    Yeah, took about 5 minutes to get to holding page alone, and didn't get past that! :(
    Soulsun wrote: »
    To avoid any confusion could someone please confirm the correct website and what time I need to be online at?
    Best of luck all
    http://glastonbury.seetickets.com at 9am SHARP!!

Basq wrote: »
    Yeah, took about 5 minutes to get to holding page alone, and didn't get past that! :(

http://glastonbury.seetickets.com at 9am SHARP!!

Eeeeek!.. i got in after 2 minutes..picked wednesday and then the page crashed..took 10 minutes to get back to the holding page..then F5 F5 F5 till the sold out message ..harder than ever for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Given they operate on a registration system its only fair that a block of tickets (say 20%) be made available to long time registrations who've never made a purchase. It would take the heat out of the annual scrum overall and less hostility to See Tickets etc.

Good suggestion. I'm unsure whether it's an issue with See Tickets or whether there's no system that can deal with two million people trying for tickets at the same time. I tend to think the former, basically just pot luck and not necessarily skewed towards fast servers given the people I know who've been lucky in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

Lads, do I refresh the page bang on 9am or what's the tactic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Can someone post the link I need to be on for 8:55?

Can someone post the link I need to be on for 8:55?

Its 3 posts above!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Good luck everyone! Thought I was in on Thursday... Diligently put in all the registration numbers, then I got a 'sold out' screen. Hoping for better luck in the morning!

Do I use a visa debit or credit card based in Dublin?

Credit card only.

Lads, do I refresh the page bang on 9am or what's the tactic?
    No tactic - refresh often but not too often.

Having one laptop, one tab this year with Autofill ready, and will refresh every 3 seconds or so (will wait til page reloads to completion at a minimum).

Then i'll have phone on 4G in background and for a change of tactic, just gonna leave that going with SeeTickets 20 second auto-refresh.

Go Team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Do people still refresh manually when you're on the 20 second auto refresh page?

mossy464 wrote: »
    Do people still refresh manually when you're on the 20 second auto refresh page?
    Yeah, definitely. Often but don't hammer it either.. and wait til page fully renders (you don't want a refresh when you've gotten through, but it's slow to render).

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭markcellardoor

credit card only for international bookings

• Advertisement

Do you need to click the link at exactly 9 or will it auto refresh for me as I've clicked it already? Sorry for dumb questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Joekers

This site can't be reached...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

Joekers wrote: »
    This site can't be reached...

Same here - disaster ; that's it I am afraid ….

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Folks.. got tickets at 9.05. didn't refresh. Just sat and stared at it !!

Keep at it. Can't believe I'm going

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

oh man it's total gridlock!

TepidBlindAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Still on the 20 sec refresh page...

Still on the 20 sec refresh page...

Same

Meself wrote: »
    Folks.. got tickets at 9.05. didn't refresh. Just sat and stared at it !!

Keep at it. Can't believe I'm going

Super lad well done

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

do you refresh the hold page??????!!!

• Advertisement

Putting in registration details but won't move onto next screen after I hit proceed. Any advice?

Advertisement