Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Seathrun66

Toast wrote: »
    Not sure what you are saying here? 2 of the group had already got tickets? If that is the case when you submit you get told people already have tickets bought for them and you just remove them. It is a delay but like a fifteen second delay...

Could be a sufficient enough delay to lose you the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Zardoz wrote: »
    9am on a Sunday is a shocking time to put tickets for anything on sale ,especially considering tit will be sold out in 30 minutes.

Why not 2pm or 6pm like the coach sale ?

All to generate hype no doubt.
    :confused:

why would it generate hype at 9am, and not if it was at 2pm/6pm?

at least 9am on Sunday requires a small bit of effort of getting up and organised. pretty much everyone is awake by 2pm/6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got SFA unfortunately. I was trying in Dublin and my mate in London neither of us got past the wait page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Piss poor success rate out of all the people trying here, it’s getting harder every year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

:confused:

why would it generate hype at 9am, and not if it was at 2pm/6pm?

at least 9am on Sunday requires a small bit of effort of getting up and organised. pretty much everyone is awake by 2pm/6pm.

So that they can say they were sold out at 9.30am .

Sold out at 2.30pm or 6.30pm doesn't sound as good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It might be worth using a VPN from a distant country for the resale. Punters from Finland, Saudi Arabia and Australia all got through with no access issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

So that they can say they were sold out at 9.30am .

Sold out at 2.30pm or 6.30pm doesn't sound as good.

they'd just say "sold out in 30mins" :|

9am on a Sunday is a shocking time to put tickets for anything on sale ,especially considering tit will be sold out in 30 minutes.

Why not 2pm or 6pm like the coach sale ?

All to generate hype no doubt.

If ever a festival didn't need hype.....

MadYaker wrote: »
    Piss poor success rate out of all the people trying here, it’s getting harder every year :(

Definitely getting harder but the rate here is likely above average, or maybe we know what we're doing. 2.4 million registrations and 135,000 tickets means one per 17.77 people. Seems like we've done better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 aivilo

Managed to get tickets, this will be my 8th Glastonbury. Hardest year ever to get them. Delighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

My group failed. No problem getting on the holding page, but no amount of refreshing gave even a sniff of anything more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It might be worth using a VPN from a distant country for the resale. Punters from Finland, Saudi Arabia and Australia all got through with no access issues.

Nah I'm in U.S. and had no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

As I (and may others) have said before: Don't rule out the resale.

There will probably be fewer tickets for the resale than other years given the particular interest in the 2020 Glasto but I and others have gotten tickets in the resale.

People assume "Oh, that's pointless. You'll NEVER get in with the resale" and as a result it seems that fewer people try. Sher what's the worst that can happen?

Once again, good luck to everyone still trying and congrats to all who got through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Streak of 13 visits comes to an end. Always gonna happen I spose. Would have liked the 50th - hope all that got tickets enjoy.

Do you get an email about the resale or should I be keeping an eye on this thread?

I’m only looking for two tickets if anyone wants me to try for them too.

Do you get an email about the resale or should I be keeping an eye on this thread?

I’m only looking for two tickets if anyone wants me to try for them too.

I believe you'll get an e-mail and their site provides more info closer to the time (Around April).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Had 3 of us trying. Brother on his phone at his house, myself on the the home network on a desktop and my daughter trying on her laptop using my phone's wifi hotspot.

All got to the holding page but no further.

Resale it is, so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Anyone who didn’t get a ticket but still wants to go and is trying in the resale should look into volunteering. Realistically resale chances are slim and there’s a bunch of charities that take on an army of volunteers for various jobs. Should be easy enough to find a spot now but it won’t be easy to get one in April or May.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

MadYaker wrote: »
    Anyone who didn’t get a ticket but still wants to go and is trying in the resale should look into volunteering. Realistically resale chances are slim and there’s a bunch of charities that take on an army of volunteers for various jobs. Should be easy enough to find a spot now but it won’t be easy to get one in April or May.

That might work for me, but my daughter will only be 16 when the festival comes around so that limits her options.

Might have to take the every-man-for-himself approach.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Well done to everyone who got tickets..our streak came to an end aswell..not quite 13 but would have been fourth. Sickening feeling this morning but probably going back to work ticketless doesnt help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

18 of us trying, some in Ireland, some in the UK and some in the US and no joy. We're gonna go to boomtown instead

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

Folks.. has anyone on here taken a campervan to the festival. Did you rent here and take it over on boat or rent over there ?

Any recommendations for hire places here ? PM if so

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭mossy464

Meself wrote: »
    Folks.. has anyone on here taken a campervan to the festival. Did you rent here and take it over on boat or rent over there ?

Any recommendations for hire places here ? PM if so

Thanks

Also interested in this if anyone with info could PM me too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I've rented them a few times yeah but its a really pricey option, renting here or there.

Ive flown over and collected one there but a 6 berth works out at about 1500 quid and you could end up parked 25 mins from the gate - ie 45 minutes from the Pyramid Stage. Would recommend a good tent instead.

But if you must, used these lads before

https://www.tauntonmotorhomehire.co.uk/

The Nal wrote: »
    I've rented them a few times yeah but its a really pricey option, renting here or there.

Ive flown over and collected one there but a 6 berth works out at about 1500 quid and you could end up parked 25 mins from the gate - ie 45 minutes from the Pyramid Stage. Would recommend a good tent instead.

I often wondered what the opinion was from someone who'd done both. Two of our group haven't been to Glasto before (I don't think they've been to any camping festival actually). They were looking to glamp or..... stay in a B&B. I'm assuming every B&B between Glasto and Bristol would be booked out but hey, let them at it. Personally I wouldn't like the idea of B&Bing it. Did often think about campervan but it always looked like you were trekking half way to Morder to them and then all the horror stories about 12 hour queues to get in put me off.

Unfortunately my tent died last year but I got 7 trips out of it including some bad ones so it wasn't too bad. Time to keep an eye out for the sales....

And that's my last post here for a while I hope. It's so far away I don't wanna be here counting down the days. And I'm very conscious that I turn into a bit of a knob immediately after getting tickets and immediately before the festival: Annoying everyone with Glasto this and Glasto that.... Worse than a vegan!!! (:D. Just messin'). So this year I swore to not mention it unless asked specifically about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

Going this year and wife wants to stay in Worthy View.We normally general camp. Any idea how long accommodation lasts before being sold out? Is it like the ticket sale or can i just log on at leisure on the day of sale and get it?

scary wrote: »
    Going this year and wife wants to stay in Worthy View.We normally general camp. Any idea how long accommodation lasts before being sold out? Is it like the ticket sale or can i just log on at leisure on the day of sale and get it?

No it sells out quickly. You'll need to be on it.

A note on that - Worthy View is miles away up that hill. Big queues for showers in the morning too.

Basically, you cant beat a good quality tent within the gates. Hitchin Hill and Michaels Mead lovely and quiet and dont get muddy due to being on an incline with not much footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

No it sells out quickly. You'll need to be on it.

A note on that - Worthy View is miles away up that hill. Big queues for showers in the morning too.

Basically, you cant beat a good quality tent within the gates. Hitchin Hill and Michaels Mead lovely and quiet and dont get muddy due to being on an incline with not much footfall.

Thanks, so another session of F5 :) Always camped in Bushy ground. Wife wants to try worthy view as this will probably be her last Glasto. I know the hill :) its not to bad...

scary wrote: »
    Thanks, so another session of F5 :) Always camped in Bushy ground. Wife wants to try worthy view as this will probably be her last Glasto. I know the hill :) its not to bad...

Fair enough. Nice views I have to say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

Took our own van last year, stayed in Campervans West, the walk is no-where near as bad as we expecting, not a million miles worse than the likes of EP.

That being said you would want to be a bit familiar with the festival site before you decide whether to go campervans east or west.

Also driving direct to your pitch nullifies a good portion of the perceived less amount of walking with camping.

At the end of the day it's a trade off of a bit more walking Vs the comfort of charging, cooker, fridge, mattress etc. As there's no security, for us it was a no-brainer - pack a bag each morning and head in for the day, back late afternoon for an hour or two for a top-up and warm clothes then back out for the night.

Advertisement