Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 litre Beer Keg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

swardy1 wrote: »
    How long did it take since placing the order? Placed an order last week and still no confirmation of despatch.

If you set up an account go in and look at order details the DHL details will be there...I got no dispatch notice..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

How long did it take since placing the order? Placed an order last week and still no confirmation of despatch.

I done the same myself I didn’t get a shipment notification but it showed shipped in my account with tracking details. It’s on the way.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

reaper180 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived to my home aswel in the last 10 mins, happy days,gonna be a nice weekend now

Any customs charges ?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

Marty Bird wrote: »
    I done the same myself I didn’t get a shipment notification but it showed shipped in my account with tracking details. It’s on the way.

Just checked my account and order status is "In process". Order placed on the 20th. Ah well, hopefully get it next week.

Just checked my account and order status is "In process". Order placed on the 20th. Ah well, hopefully get it next week.

I ordered on 23rd click on show order and look down the bottom right to see if it’s shipped mine still says in process but it’s shipped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭reaper180

Any customs charges ?

Not for me,an post delivered it

Any customs charges ?

Read somewhere during the week anything over 500 liters isn't considered for personal use so keep it under that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Read somewhere during the week anything over 500 liters isn't considered for personal use so keep it under that.

That applies to bringing it in with you; not to post

The limit for post is zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ciaran11

I ordered 6 of the 5L Kegs from this site, I'm hoping that it's not over the limit. I ordered on the 24/05 but still no update on the account. I'm hoping they arrive this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

My friend got his stuff stopped by revenue last week(coming from the UK). He said he would pay the duty and it was €19 for 9L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

ciaran11 wrote: »
    I ordered 6 of the 5L Kegs from this site, I'm hoping that it's not over the limit. I ordered on the 24/05 but still no update on the account. I'm hoping they arrive this week.

There zero limit for this kind of importation.
    1 keg or 6, doesn't matter.
    Just that a larger shipment is more likely to be stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

ciaran11 wrote: »

Can you post up when they arrive please? Just ordered 5 kegs myself. Had to laugh at the minimum bulk order of San Miguel cans, 24 .33l cans in a slab, minimum order 97 slabs:eek::eek::pac: I thought about it momentarily!

I ordered 5kegs on the 23rd May and they arrived yesterday no issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Enjoy!

Where's a good place to buy glasses anyone know? Those 0,2 l glasses to me are too small, would prefer 0,3 or 0,4 for the Koelsch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Based in Cork, looking to order 2 or 3 if the 5l mini kegs for a session on the 19th. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

How are they packed? One box?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Based in Cork, looking to order 2 or 3 if the 5l mini kegs for a session on the 19th. Any suggestions?

Blacks of kinsale have mini kegs of some of there drinks for sale bud

Blacks of kinsale have mini kegs of some of there drinks for sale bud

All sold out at the moment unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

All sold out at the moment unfortunately!

Ah disaster.

Ah disaster.

I know! Era I've messaged to see if they'll be back up and running soon, cheers anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Bierhaus and Bradley's are both selling 5L mini kegs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

it really depends on luck tbh with revenue officials, i had maybe 7 deliveries from the UK last year and 1 got stopped. Really it's luck if there's an official in the sorting office when your package goes through

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 151 ✭✭AaronEnnis

Anyone else notice the bier-wein site has no ssl certificate? Any hassle with payments going through etc? My bitdefender is throwing all sorts of warnings at me.

No SSL cert and you're already running the risk of Revenue seizures. Why on earth would you try to continue?

NEVER put payment details on a site without SSL.

What revenue seizures, isn't it 500 liters for personal use. The vat is paid it's clearly beer by the packaging. Delivered by An Post from wein&beir.

What revenue seizures, isn't it 500 liters for personal use. The vat is paid it's clearly beer by the packaging. Delivered by An Post from wein&beir.

You've already been told the limit for personal consumption by post is zero. VAT is irrelevant as duty is unpaid

There are seizures mentioned here all the time. Three posts above yours for instance

If you get caught repeatedly it's considered smuggling not a mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Supercon85

Did you get any notification from An Post prior to delivery?

Supercon85 wrote: »
    Did you get any notification from An Post prior to delivery?

You track it on DHL until it's handed to an post then track there...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Supercon85

You track it on DHL until it's handed to an post then track there...

I ordered as a guest, not registered, so I don't have a tracking number...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Lough gill brewery are selling 5 litre kegs. Good value and free delivery. I got the West Coast IPA last week. It was a tasty drop

Advertisement