Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Quote?

Options
  • 12-08-2019 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I've got a new build, pre wired and in D18.

The builder has their own installer who quoted the following.
     Supply and fit one HKC 10/70 intruder alarm panel
     Supply and fit one HKC remote keypad in hallway
     Supply and fit one mains back up battery in the event of mains failure
     Supply and fit one HKC external bell box
     Supply and fit one HKC internal siren
     Supply and fit one motion sensor in hallway
     Supply and fit all windows and doors on the ground floor with vibration sensors and
    contacts (5 windows & 2 external doors)
     Supply and fit all first floor windows with vibration sensors (6 windows)
     Supply and fit one HKC GSM wifi card

Costings: €1200 plus Vat

Im going to get some quotes from some other installers but it would be great to get some feedback from some experts.

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Any opinions on 10270 vs 10/70?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

ruaneg wrote: »

Quote seems reasonable but yeah definitely get some more. Pricing isnt really discussed here so i wouldn't expect the regular alarm guys to give you too much feedback on it on the pricing itself.

The 10270 is the replacement for the 1070.

I presume the builders installer is PSA registered?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

ruaneg wrote: »

Do yourself a favour and get the newer 10270 panel. 10/70 is now EOL

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruaneg

Cheers!

Yes the builders installer is PSA registered.

I've got a number of quotes and have found that this was the most expensive quote, so it was well worth getting a few quotes. Seems about 1k was the average for a self monitoring alarm with the above spec.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Bear in mind the above spec will come with ongoing charges for self monitoring via an app & also charges for the app its self. There are other options without these ongoing commitments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

My friend works for a company there 80 percent cheaper if your interested pm me

Sorry but nobody in their right mind who values their property would pay €240 for a proper security system to protect their home, unless of course they want something SH1TE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Sorry but nobody in their right mind who values their property would pay €240 for a proper security system to protect their home, unless of course they want something SH1TE

But but but.....phonewatch.

Advertisement