Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCT 2019 questions

Options
  • 12-08-2019 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

Hi,

A few Triathlon noob questions :

When you register for this event do you normally leave your bike in transition straight after and get it labelled etc. ?

Also, if you know rough estimated time for swim finish how do you know where to seed yourself at the start ? Are there pacers ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Shedite27

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

When you register for this event do you normally leave your bike in transition straight after and get it labelled etc. ?

Also, if you know rough estimated time for swim finish how do you know where to seed yourself at the start ? Are there pacers ?

Thanks in advance.
    Register the Saturday, drop the bike in Sunday morning.

If it's your first, start at the back of your wave, the front gets very packed very quickly, the amount you'll save by starting 10/15m forward is minimal compared to the battering you can get if it's crowded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Register the Saturday, drop the bike in Sunday morning.

If it's your first, start at the back of your wave, the front gets very packed very quickly, the amount you'll save by starting 10/15m forward is minimal compared to the battering you can get if it's crowded.

I thought the race is on the Saturday...

So might be a bit late dropping bike in on Sunday morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

grahamor wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi Graham,

I believe registration will start on the Friday. For most races in Ireland you only bring your bike on the morning of the event.
    When you register they will be probably be building the transition area and finish area etc but the Piranha Tri club are a very friendly bunch so feel free to ask one of them about the general layout.

Make sure you consult the race briefing that they send out to see the times that transition is open on race morning and give yourself plenty of time to get parked up, and to bring your gear to transition. Be aware if they say no bags or boxes to be left in transition as they may cause a trip hazard for other athletes.

When you get into transition to set up, take the time to walk from the swim exit to your bike and then to the bike exit. There is nothing worse than an athlete roaring at an event steward "which way do I go?" as it is your responsibility to know the route. By spending the few minutes on the race morning doing that will help you so much during the race.

Take your time getting set up, (you'll have the time before they close transition if you've planned accordingly), then pop over to near swim start to watch the earlier waves and you'll see how it all operates. `

Enjoy the day, I'm a lil biased but remember a lot of the volunteers on the day are Piranha Tri members who still remember what it's like to do your 1st triathlon and will be glad to answer any questions you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

Any entries going? Anyone know? And is it too late to transfer. Was completly sure Id registered on tri ireland. And just copped it didnt go through! Beyond gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Hi

Did you receive the race brief yet?

Should answer most of your questions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

Bertje14 wrote: »
    Hi

Did you receive the race brief yet?

Should answer most of your questions.

Thanks, I guess it's obvious looking at the race brief now that transition is not available until Saturday morning.

Really enjoy this event and found the organisation excellent overall.

The wait to get into the water for the swim wasn't ideal but it prevented a stampede at the start which i certainly appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

Disappointing that the run was a full km short. Surprising given that this was the National Sprint Championships and that it was advertised as an accurately measured 5k course.

Disappointing that the run was a full km short. Surprising given that this was the National Sprint Championships and that it was advertised as an accurately measured 5k course.

Agree, couldn't believe it was over so soon. The race doc said The course is slightly amended from last year and is back to the tried and tested course with the run exactly 5km.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Did you measure the route? Was pleasantly surprised with my run time, guess this explains it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 sporteamon3

eoin2nc wrote: »
    Did you measure the route? Was pleasantly surprised with my run time, guess this explains it :(
    I measured it at 4.06k and others I spoke to had it at the same distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

I measured it at 4.06k and others I spoke to had it at the same distance.

yep 4.08. I was coming down thinking great I am doing a sub 1.20 but then I looked at run time so 18 something went hold on this doesnt add up.

would have been slightly over i reckon.

did anybody hear any reason. i heard mistake when to cone was put down to late change because of overlap with over race in the park.

Advertisement