Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help / Advice needed.

Options
  • 12-08-2019 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭

I'm applying for a licence for a .270, I have a .308 and a deer licence already.

I basically want an option of a lighter weight rifle to hunt higher harsher ground.

In section 4.2 of the FCA "reasons why this type of firearm is required" I was thinking of wording it along the lines of; This rifle is a lighter weight type of rifle particularly suited for stalking deer on mountainous ground or over long distances.

I've got writers block and if anyone can think of a better way to formulate the wording that would be great, if it looks okay the way it is that's great too.

Any help/reassurance appreciated.

Yours in sport,
    Rows Grower.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭J.R.

The flatter trajectory of the .270 and resistance to wind drift, plus its relatively light recoil, makes this lightweight rifle easier and more suitable to handle and use on a mountain hunt or over long distances

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Thank you J.R.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

[QUOTE=Rows Grower;110952814]I'm applying for a licence for a .270, I have a .308 and a deer licence already.......

In section 4.2 of the FCA "reasons why this type of firearm is required"........
    [/QUOTE]

Your valid reason for the .270- 'is deer stalking' for which you have all the required paper work in hand, ie Land Permission and DHL.

IMO don't over complicate your application, keep it simple.

Advertisement