Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keano

Options
  • 12-08-2019 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

This MOD is banning me for ever post I put up in the golf forum.

I have said on each occasion that what I was posting was my real and honest views, yet he still bans me for every post just because he does not like it. How can therw be open forums if ones opinion is not allowed?

I got a month's ban for simply posting "lmao" to someone's post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Do you want to appeal your latest ban? If so, I will move this thread to the DR forum and start the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I think even going through an appeal for posting "lmao" is outages.

I also want to know why i can't have an opinion on an open forum

The DR process will examine if the ban was warranted. Do you wish to proceed or not?

Yes...

Thanks for confirming. I’ll move the thread across now.

The first step in the process is for the user to engage with the mod to discuss the action. Have you attempted to do this and, if so, what was the outcome? As you do appear to be aggrieved by the mod, when was the last time you discussed matters with the mod?

• Advertisement

I've tried many times and he's never replied.

I've also askes where he can point me to sort it out, he also never got back to me

OK, thanks for letting me know. I’ll ask a CMod to look into this now for you, as per the process.

I feel like he's censoring me, how can this be allowed on an open forum?

I should be allowed to express my opinion even is the MOD in question does not agree with it.

I also want to make a complaint about this MOD, how do I go about this?

We will deal with the Dispute first. After that we can address your other questions. Please wait for a CMod to pick this up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi galwayllm, can you forward me the pm's you sent to the mod (and any responses) and I'll take a look.

In the meanwhile, I'll try and make contact for their side.

thanks.

No responses from him at all, I'll forward mine onto you tomorrow, thank you.

I'm sorry Steve I cant find the PM's I've send keano

I find it strange that I can't find any pm to keano as I did pm him more than 3 times I think. I wanted to know why i was getting banned for my honest views, and even explained in my posted that it was honest opinion and not trolling as he accused me of.

I also asked him where can I take this as I found it unfair and wanted to also report him for Censorship. He never had the manners to reply

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

galwayllm wrote: »
    I find it strange that I can't find any pm to keano as I did pm him more than 3 times I think. I wanted to know why i was getting banned for my honest views, and even explained in my posted that it was honest opinion and not trolling as he accused me of.

I also asked him where can I take this as I found it unfair and wanted to also report him for Censorship. He never had the manners to reply
    There is an option within your Control Panel which allows you to save sent PMs or not. Yours must be turned off. Steve can get them from Keano though

Please do not mix this appeal up with any complaints about a moderator. This thread will deal with that appeal. Once that is complete you could start a thread in Help Desk if you wish to discuss the moderators other actions.

Thanks

Ah OK, had no idea about that, thanks.

I will indeed go that route when I can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi galwayllm,

I'll forward you the pms I got from Keano rather than posting them here.

Once you get them, can you please confirm they are accurate and complete.

For Clarity, the post that you are appealing the ban for is this one:
    galwayllm wrote: »
    So in the other Rory McC**t forum no one can criticise him, so I'm starting a forum where its all we do.

And I would hope that any positive things will be see as trolling, because other then good things said in the other one will get you a ban.

Don't want double standards now?

I'll start....
    God I hate this English p**i*k..
    Love to watch him fail...

He might go down as the biggest bottler in the history of the sport..

And I love it..

He should quite now... Or go on the win some nothing tournments... It's all he can barely do.

Shane Lowry is Irish and the man.... A boy the kid.

It's now removed and in a closed thread so it's only fair you can see it as part or your appeal.

I'm appeling all them!

The one above was more about me being not allowed to have an opinion on the Mcilory forum...

The 1 month ban for posting LMAO.

CMON

Do you agree the pm's I forwarded to you are complete and accurate?

I'm asking because you said you don't have your own records of them.

• Advertisement

Yes they look good.

I was sure I send him more than 3, but what's there is OK

Thanks.
    The 1 month ban for posting LMAO.

OK, I need to understand this better, from what I can see, the post you got the ban for was the one I quoted above - which is not for posting "LMAO".

I will seek clarification with the mod.

No, the post above got me a week, that's was maybe 2 weeks ago, you can see the time and date I'm sure.

But I was back after that, and it's the "LMAO" I got the month for

The post above I got one week for on the 28/7/19 at 14:25

Then on 12/8/19 at 10:05 I got one month ban for "LMAO"..

Hi, sorry this is taking so long.

There are 3 bans involved, can you please forward me the automated pm's you got for them.

I just need to be clear on the timeline and posts involved.

Thanks.

It's np, sure I can forward them to you, how? I've no idea how to do this.

If you still have them in your inbox, just open them and there should be a link to reply / forward / etc..

The system allows me to see infraction messages but not ban messages... go figure..

thank you Steve, I've pm them to you now.

Thanks, I'm reviewing them.

As you are requesting (5) reviews of a warning, an infraction, and three bans, you'll have to give me some time.

• Advertisement

One other thing, what was the LMAO post in response to?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110949965&postcount=6821

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement