Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keano

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭galwayllm

I understand it takes times, so no problem Steve.

I responded LMAO to one post, i actually can't remember the details, and I'm banned from Golf so I can't pick it out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

galwayllm wrote: »
    I understand it takes times, so no problem Steve.

I responded LMAO to one post, i actually can't remember the details, and I'm banned from Golf so I can't pick it out.

You can log out of boards and read the thread again from the link I posted above.

I would really like an answer to that as how I will rule depends on what you were LMAOing at.

Ah ok, never thought of that... ��

Ya it was in relation to post #6818...

And it was LMAO to the quoted post and the reply.

Both literally made me laugh ....

Frustrating to watch and "he should have won"..... Like c'mom if your not laugh at them..
    He should have one is still making lol.

If he should have won he would have won.

In one way should he have one

Ps. I said in the posts in this forum that it's my honest opinion and I was not taking the piss.

I should have been allowed to express my view.

For example.

If there is a Trump forum, are pepole allowed to post with opposite views in there? I bet there are!

So why can't there be opposite views allowed in this forum?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Opposite views are welcome in any forum here as long as they are respectful of other users and - in general in the sports category are respectful of a player / personality.

I've had a nightmare week in work and so apologise again for this taking so long, rest assured I'm giving up my Friday evening just for you.

Steve man pls don't do that. I can wait. Stop and unwind for the evening and this is not important as just relaxing after a hard week man.

I can wait man, np

I've reviewed all of the mod actions as per your dispute.

I'm upholding everything except the LMAO ban as I believe the mod was justified in the ban but a bit harsh in giving a month off for it. I'm prepared to reduce this to time served on condition that you agree to improve your posting style and fully abide with the forum rules in future:
    Personal Abuse
    - Posters who abuse others on here will be banned. Permanent bans will be handed out on a first offence if a moderator feels it is warranted. There is no argument on this one. Abuse someone and you will be banned. Calling someone an idiot is abuse. Don't attack the poster, attack the post.
    - Attacks on public figures should have be based on actions and without swear words.
    'Harrington is a ******' for example is not a valid contribution. Similar posts will likely result in at least
    an infraction, possibly a ban for the poster

Pointless Threads and Polls
    - Posting any pointless thread or poll will result in the thread being locked. You can be banned for this. Think before you post. If you don't have anything to say then don't bother posting a new thread. Please try to comment as much as you can on any threads you create. If you create a thread in which you ask people to contribute in, contribute first.
    - Repeat offenders who post pointless, off-topic posts will be banned.

Arguing with a moderator
    - Do not argue with a moderator in a thread after they have given a warning or a ban etc. If you have an issue with a moderator's action then PM the mod in question. They will discuss it with you. You can then, if unsatisfied with the PM route, take things further along the Dispute Resolution Procedure (DRP).

Giving cheek or attitude to a moderator will get you banned.

Do not under any circumstances complain about a mod on this forum. Do it either on PM or in Feedback. Failure to adhere to any of the "mod" related rules will result in an instant 1 week ban.

Your posts, while I accept they were your personal opinion, were only going to 'wind up' and antagonise other posters in that thread. There are better and more respectful ways to get your opinion across.

Further to that, your pm replies to the mod were less than amicable.
    Is this a fukn piss take?

I was to talk to someone else about this, how can this be an open forum if one can't have their own opinion?

No where does it state that there must be only good things said about The English **** Mc can't hit a lie!

So now any criticism said about him is deemed as "against fhe rules" ..now in the Trump forum is this the same?
    I'd like to see the proof if it is!

Well it's all good boards is dying on it's knees as it closed to any open arguments!

Reddit has you killed and it only going to get worse on here when mods have a personal agenda in some so called open forums.
    LMAO
    See Rory do what Rory does?

What a fukn Grade A bottler...

�� love it so much...

Now, where can I complane about mods on here?

Had you attempted to engage in a more adult manner then this may have had a different outcome.

To summarise, all mod actions prior to the LMAO one are upheld, I will reduce your ban length if you agree with the above conditions.

Per the DRP rules, you may request an admin review of my decision. Please let me know.

Thanks.

I agree with all above, I know you have put time into this dispute and I think you for this!

Thanks Steve bud for all your help and you have been easy to deal with.

Thanks,

I've lifted your ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Marking this as resolved. Thanks all for sorting this out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement