Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal Half Marathon

Options
  • 12-08-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

Anyone running in Letterkenny this weekend?

Am heading up on the Saturday night and collecting pack etc on the Sunday morning. I'm not familiar with Letterkenny at all, anybody know the profile of the course? Insights from past participants most welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Kissy Lips

Nice race. Route reminded me a bit of the Waterford half. It rained the whole time, but nice soft misty Donegal rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Kissy Lips wrote: »
    Nice race. Route reminded me a bit of the Waterford half. It rained the whole time, but nice soft misty Donegal rain.

I'll take that rain. Hopefully not too heavy this weekend. Thanks ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

How'd you find it?

Bit of a hilly course at times but very nice race

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

I really enjoyed it. Very well organised and well supported by the very friendly Letterkenny folk along the route.

The section out the main road into the wind was a challenge I thought and I felt the turn back towards town was never going to come. The second half had a few nice rolling hills alright, and was pretty warm too. I enjoyed the finish on the track as well. Didn't go as quick as I wanted but no complaints overall.

Great cup of tea afterwards, nice sambo and a bonus t shirt too. I'd go again.

The hardest part was getting out of the car after the 3 hour drive home :D

Advertisement