Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Jobs

Options
  • 12-08-2019 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I’m planning on moving to Australia on a WHV and getting my farm work done when I land.

I was just wondering what are job prospects like for a biomedical engineer in Melbourne? All the jobs I pretty much see are sales jobs!

Anyone have any advice or know of any companies that I get experience with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

if you have real field experience in diagnostic work then you are laughing. Personally not much movement in Nuclear Imaging or Nuclear therapeutic medicine but the likes of Abbott, Siemens, Beckman and J&J have all been hiring recently for Engineers if you have worked on any of the above in Pathology SWA you might be in with a chance, although I would say they would be looking long term so would be throwing a permanent job at you rather than 6 months on a WHV. I met a guy from Galway a while back working in Melbourne on automation and Molecular gear got says he got sponsored easily enough.

Advertisement