Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭✭josip

I must be very naive because I've no idea what Succubus means :D

Google it on a work PC :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,012 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Ariadne wrote: »
    For clarity purposes.

I was:
    Medusa22
    Calypso27
    Medea28
    LadyMacBeth
    Cleopatra_
    Succubus

..........and now I'm Ariadne. Sorry sorry sorry, promise I won't change my name again..........for a while :p

I know and liked 4 of your personalities ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

This is probably the stupid question but why do people change their names?
    I can understand closing an account and re-registering under a new name.

I closed my previous accounts. I decided to change from Succubus to Ariadne as I'm working on changing how I come across to people, considering what Succubus means and all.

Jaysus...just looked it up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

Something about ridin fellas when they’re dreaming in bed or something. Durty..

I closed my previous accounts. I decided to change from Succubus to Ariadne as I'm working on changing how I come across to people, considering what Succubus means and all.

Ya have quite a penchant for revenge fuelled ladies tho!
    Remind me to put you on my do not troll list :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Tv show called Lost Girl will tell all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

For clarity purposes.

I was:
    Medusa22
    Calypso27
    Medea28
    LadyMacBeth
    Cleopatra_
    Succubus

..........and now I'm Ariadne. Sorry sorry sorry, promise I won't change my name again..........for a while :p

Ah now I know who you are, heya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭FFred

FYP :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

I remember a unionist called KeithAFC years back that was fairly amusing. Felt less like a cartoon character compared to some of the oddballs currently in the brexit thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

There was also an obnoxious kid called Owen who used to say Ugh and posted a lot in aviation. Think he was a nordie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I liked Snowy. He was very obviously dyslexic and handled it very well when someone had a go at his spelling. He rarely got mad.

Very kind of you. :)

There's no point getting mad at people who can't think past the end of their nose. Spelling and punctuation is an on going mission for me to improve upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Glad to see Terry's still here. Used to love the feedback rows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Users whose posts I liked and who don't appear to post anymore (I never spot rereg accounts or name changes as quickly as others seem to) would be: TheZohan, --LOS--, Raekwon, Killer Pigeon, Flutt, Degsy, Wolfe Tone, Snyper, We'llallhavetea, Bonerm, SlasherMcGurk, Bottle Of Smoke etc etc. Most likely think of a dozen or so more in a bit.

Alot of memories for many of you here. Most of the people mentioned I'm not familiar with at all. There are a few who stick in my mind because of their sheer madness. There was a lad who posted a bit in PI and Gentleman's Club, Chemical Byrne/Burn. He had the oddest views about sex. We are all different but he just seemed odd. No sex when children come along. Can't kids your mother after oral sex. Wha?!

Then there was a poster over in the ODF who I actually stood up for but then realised she was most likely taking the pìss. I can be a gullible auld eejit with that sort of thing. Broken hearted road. That's the one. There was a trans lady as well who was so angry with the world. God. Every response was both attacking and defensive.

I can think of a few more on the crazy scale but they are still with us so I shall keep quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hugo :) he was a gent

I've also had a few name changes and closed my account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

She had four accounts going at the same time. So bizarre. Like a full time troll.

How would you know? You are a new poster no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Bare with me.

Who was yer wan who looked like the thing from the Saw films. She was a mad thing.

I think she was linked with this other mad lad back in the day, always wore black t-shirts and looked like a sh1t magician.

Cant remember their names....probably still here like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

gozunda wrote: »
    How would you know? You are a new poster no?

Did we not establish pretty much at the start of this thread that looooads of people are re-regs and for good reasons in many cases???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Bare with me.

Who was yer wan who looked like the thing from the Saw films. She was a mad thing.

I think she was linked with this other mad lad back in the day, always wore black t-shirts and looked like a sh1t magician.

You’re thinking of Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Galadriel wrote: »
    I used to loved posts from the girl that was completely mental about Garth Brooks, I think at one stage her username was MrsGarthBrooks, she changed her name a few times though, I think she got site banned for fighting with her sister on different forums. It was very entertaining!
    The sister's posts - crikey. All were either about awful family or an ex being dishonest with her. Nothing wrong with that but same thing posted over and over and over again, people always trying to offer advice but none taken on board... started a very deceptive thread one time, which got nuked. It was in exceptionally poor taste.
    Persopoly wrote:
    Broken hearted road
    That was one of her incarnations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

"A pretty scullery maid fainted at the scene and Trent caught her as easily as a Bow Street barrow boy catches whooping lung-amatosis"

Raconteuse wrote: »
    The sister's posts - crikey. All were either about awful family or an ex being dishonest with her. Nothing wrong with that but same thing posted over and over and over again, people always trying to offer advice but none taken on board... started a very deceptive thread one time, which got nuked. It was in exceptionally poor taste.

That was one of her incarnations.

Reminds me of the one who was obsessed that she was promised a gift after a one night stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

There was a lovely poster on foot.ie I think who's name escapes me but I think he posted here too and was killed in a one punch attack in Australia. I used to like his posts about Irish football. Very sad story.

****, you’re right. I remember the thread over on foot.ie but I can’t remember his username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

hugo :) he was a gent

I've also had a few name changes and closed my account

HugoBradyBrown ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

HugoBradyBrown ?

nope wasn't him

bluewolf wrote: »
    Reminds me of the one who was obsessed that she was promised a gift after a one night stand
    The very one I was talking about. Really hope she gets help.

Now there's someone who clearly needs it!
    That was a car crash of a thread.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

fullstop wrote: »
    ****, you’re right. I remember the thread over on foot.ie but I can’t remember his username.

Eirebhoy

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Bare with me.

Are you talking about PandaPoo??? (Sorry PP! I just remember her getting the Jigsaw comparison in the lookalikes thread!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Oh, Lenny! From Tallaght is all I can remember. Had some great tales and writing style to go with them.

ah yea. Wasn't one of the sisters tho

ah yea. Wasn't one of the sisters tho
    Definitely was. There might have been other sisters causing a mix-up here, but that was definitely Mrs Garth Brooks' sister.

Definitely was. There might have been other sisters causing a mix-up here, but that was definitely Mrs Garth Brooks' sister.

Mrs Garth Brooks was The Raptor I think.

Mrs Garth Brooks was The Raptor I think.
    I think it was The Raptor who was her sister. :D

Ilovesleep was definitely her sister.

Wait, so the cops knew Internal Affairs were setting them up all along?

• Advertisement

I think it was The Raptor who was her sister. :D

Ilovesleep was definitely her sister.

Oh there was an actual poster by the name of Mrs Garth Brooks? I thought you just referring to the person as that because of their obsession :D

Ilovesleep doesn't ring a bell. There's a few coming back to me now though. Lou.M? She was a bit strange as well. Had a million accounts.

Ah no they predated the sisters on an older account, i am sure of it... Different kind of unhinged

I must go back through the older posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I hope Denise figured out the internet eventually.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76107430&postcount=2

Who was the guy whose housemate tried to stab him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭This is it

Duggy747 his housemate had an account too... "Duggys housemate"

Awesome thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056402171

Brilliant!!!!

• Advertisement

Bwahaha!

Never saw that before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

banie01 wrote: »
    Ya have quite a penchant for revenge fuelled ladies tho!
    Remind me to put you on my do not troll list :P

Well just don't screw me over and you should be grand! :pac:

this was the original gift poster, and it was old news 7 years ago.
    i could be wrong but i really don't think it was
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=533904

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

"A pretty scullery maid fainted at the scene and Trent caught her as easily as a Bow Street barrow boy catches whooping lung-amatosis"

I'm getting stuck now in the facinating story of Trent. And I'm having a jolly good time!:pac::D

I mean, padraigg clearly can't write in a, say, conventional way, but you have to admire his enthusiasm and perseverence.
    I read almost worse from authors who actually got published.

His first attempts are now 10 years old, maybe he advanced a bit and got published? There is always a market for such like.

I think I'm going to visit the creative writing forum more often now.

this was the original gift poster, and it was old news 7 years ago.
    i could be wrong but i really don't think it was
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=533904
    No it started before then definitely. That's another one of the accounts though - she would post about it from a few accounts at the same time, and have unreg accounts too. You can see actually four of the names of the sisters viewing that profile. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Snowy's a great lad! He PM'd me after I started a thread about dogging years ago :pac: turns out we were from the same area and knew a lot of the same people. Became good friends for quite a while but have lost touch over the years. He invited me to his wedding a couple of years ago but I couldn't go. Must give him a shout :)

I remember that thread, you went to the bloody airport, feck sake way better places to be going for that kinda carry on :pac:.

It's been a pretty crazy 4 years, you'll have to forgive my disappearing act.. :o

Not it started before then definitely. That's another one of the accounts though - she would post about it from a few accounts at the same time, and have unreg accounts too. You can see actually three of the names of the sisters viewing that profile. :)

ah you can too... fair play

Well just don't screw me over and you should be grand! :pac:

I only dip my dick in one crazy chick at a time, and I'm married to the current one so it's a til death do us part deal...
    And if I dipped any crazy but her, it would be my death :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Mini-Dazzler?

What a legend!!!

Oh, so you're reincarnated now too.

Howaya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,522 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Bare with me.

Ihatecuddles/ilovecuddles/many other usernames thereafter?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement