Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

GLaDOS wrote: »
    Eirebhoy

That’s him. I remember his photo being posted over there when it happened. Didn’t he write for a fanzine or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Carry wrote: »
    I'm getting stuck now in the facinating story of Trent. And I'm having a jolly good time!:pac::D

I mean, padraigg clearly can't write in a, say, conventional way, but you have to admire his enthusiasm and perseverence.
    I read almost worse from authors who actually got published.

His first attempts are now 10 years old, maybe he advanced a bit and got published? There is always a market for such like.

I think I'm going to visit the creative writing forum more often now.

Ah, no, he clearly knew what he was doing from the very beginning. It just took a while for people to cotton on. The grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes are part of the joke; some of them are so subtle that you have to marvel at his craft. It's a pity he dissapeared, lots of love for him here still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Feeky Magee and the infamous "I think my grinds teacher fanices me" thread! :)

Ah, those were the days, when nothing was thought of adults online trying to get a kid laid by their teacher.

We all be locked up with RTE having a Prime Time special about it if it was today :p

There was a photocomp thread running in conjunction to it a one point if memory serves me right.

Ah, those were the days, when nothing was thought of adults online trying to get a kid laid by their teacher.

We all be locked up with RTE having a Prime Time special about it if it was today :p

There was a photocomp thread running in conjunction to it a one point if memory serves me right.

I think a certain someone even set up a Facebook page

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

I think a certain someone even set up a Facebook page
    The reason the thread was allowed to go on was because Feeky admitted to mods that he was making the whole thing up ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, no, he clearly knew what he was doing from the very beginning. It just took a while for people to cotton on. The grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes are part of the joke; some of them are so subtle that you have to marvel at his craft. It's a pity he dissapeared, lots of love for him here still.

Oh, I'm still on page 1 of that thread. But if he really took the piss he did it brilliantly.
    In that case I really like to know where he is now. Maybe another re-reg that writes sophisticated posts? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Magpie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Brilliantly done. I remember thinking "What the heck is this Trent circle-jerk?" and then finding out about the thread so having a read. Totally rolling my eyes initially (which was the exact aim :D) and buckled after a few posts. Also reading other people reacting with "wtf" and slating how badly written it was... and then the realisation dawning on them too. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,309 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Brilliantly done. I remember thinking "What the heck is this Trent circle-jerk?" and then finding out about the thread so having a read. Totally rolling my eyes initially (which was the exact aim :D) and buckled after a few posts. Also reading other people reacting with "wtf" and slating how badly written it was... and then the realisation dawning on them too. :)
    Oh go on, put me out of my misery. It was before my time. What was he doing?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I'd like to think padraiggg is now pretty well established in writing for a living in some capacity and lives in fear/anticipation of someone linking him to that masterpiece.

I think Trent did actually have a Twitter for a brief moment a couple of years back and it seemed like it was the man himself.

I hope that's true because even by my standards that would be a very deeply sad dream to have had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Yeah, it's a great moment when people get it. And what makes it funnier is that he just keeps posting away in faux innocence, not altering anything. There's one joke involving the incorrect placement of quotation marks in a story of his that made me really admire the lad's style. Good luck to him, I hope he's still around here somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Hahahah Brazilianz and degsy were such ***** but made me laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Paralysed, who gave us the daftness that was the "I'm eating my breakfast, Kate" thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Did we not establish pretty much at the start of this thread that looooads of people are re-regs and for good reasons in many cases???

The comment was ironic ;). But no worries...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

There was a trans lady as well who was so angry with the world. God. Every response was both attacking and defensive.

oh, who was that? I'm pretty sure I was on the receiving end of one of those rants for something fairly innocuous I said.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭Tikki Wang Wang

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You'd defintitely miss Padriaag and the adventures of Trent. Just the way that thread goes is beautiful. It was in the Creative Writing forum and after his first few installments the regular posters there were resisting the urge to call him an outright troll. Then the next few instalments of Trents adventures came along and it turned into an absolute barrel of laughs, even when I read it now Im still splitting myself laughing. Plus he gave us the word SKRKK

He posted readings on YouTube at one stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭MarquisDeSad

gozunda wrote: »
    She had four accounts going at the same time. So bizarre. Like a full time troll.

How would you know? You are a new poster no?

Already been a mod warning about the question your asking.

#knowyouknow
    #listen&learn

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

He posted readings on YouTube at one stage

Link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Ultrflat wrote: »
    Very kind of you. :)

There's no point getting mad at people who can't think past the end of their nose. Spelling and punctuation is an on going mission for me to improve upon.

The place is like the hotel California, isn’t it?

Except you can leave but you’ll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Supernintento Chalmers

There's a few old school fellas and ladies I'd like to see back for a bit of banter.

Starbelgade, had me bent in two laughing at times.

Mikom, never a poster since has compared to his lighting fast dry wit comeback and one liner retorts, - golden poster.

I never cared for Mikom. He always came across as a massive stoner with questionable politics. Met him at a BEERS once and he was quite aggressive and, well, his personal hygiene left a lot to be desired.

• Advertisement

The place is like the hotel California, isn’t it?

Except you can leave but you’ll be back.

If only there was a famous movie quote that fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I heard rumours that the guy behind Padraiggg went on Countdown and did fairly well.

maudgonner wrote: »
    Paralysed, who gave us the daftness that was the "I'm eating my breakfast, Kate" thread.

For some reason I find that thread hilariously funny

I never cared for Mikom. He always came across as a massive stoner with questionable politics. Met him at a BEERS once and he was quite aggressive and, well, his personal hygiene left a lot to be desired.

Was funny but, like so many on the internet, became obsessed with hating politicians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

No it started before then definitely. That's another one of the accounts though - she would post about it from a few accounts at the same time, and have unreg accounts too. You can see actually four of the names of the sisters viewing that profile. :)

Wow, it's been going on that long :eek:

Yeah, it's a great moment when people get it. And what makes it funnier is that he just keeps posting away in faux innocence, not altering anything. There's one joke involving the incorrect placement of quotation marks in a story of his that made me really admire the lad's style. Good luck to him, I hope he's still around here somewhere.

You can get it from the start.

Leave us alone Trent!” The women said. Perhaps it was because the were angry at him for something he had done in the past, a long, long time ago. Or perhaps it was because he was holding a gun at them!

Ahhaa ha ha.

maudgonner wrote: »

He’s still around, still perplexed with the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Currently reading all about Trent.

"No time for thinking, he thought"

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Currently reading all about Trent.

"No time for thinking, he thought"

Great stuff.

Possibly my favourite line from the whole story.

The guy did start a twitter and I think was trying to compile the whole thing into something publishable but it's one of those things that really suits the strewn, episodic format of online forums.

People are often wanting for padraiggg to return but if it's run its course, it's run its course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Where are all the stoners gone? Was it a recession thing - getting high and spending your days on the internet moaning about water charges?

I haven’t been here before, so don’t have any nostalgic memories of a username. Pintman is still around, and is a fella I find myself agreeing with most of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Where are all the stoners gone? Was it a recession thing - getting high and spending your days on the internet moaning about water charges?

I haven’t been here before, so don’t have any nostalgic memories of a username. Pintman is still around, and is a fella I find myself agreeing with most of the time.

There was a few fans of Mong the Merciless too. They used to get really upset when their golden boy caught a bit of flak.

Very thin skinned. :confused:

I haven't been flutterin around boards for more than two years either.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057970654/196/#post110980979

Look harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

I’m surprised no one’s mentioned Abi/Abigail, although she turned out to be a crazy.

The one with the F1 Avatar?

I remember her campaigning for a divorcee support forum

Herself and Dudess used to get in to serious debates with Outlaw Pete

I also remember she had great bangers! :eek:

Did she go berko?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

For some reason I find that thread hilariously funny

I've opened that here in work and they are wondering why I just burst out laughing.

I love those type of threads.

Does anyone remember one about a bloke who got ran out of the butchers or the butcher turned on him, I think he was giving out about sausages or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

anewme wrote: »
    I've opened that here in work and they are wondering why I just burst out laughing.

I love those type of threads.

Does anyone remember one about a bloke who got ran out of the butchers or the butcher turned on him, I think he was giving out about sausages or something?

I remember something along the lines of a guy being in a state about being overcharged and about the way the butcher looked at him or something. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Big Nasty wrote: »

I also remember she had great bangers! :eek:

Did she go berko?

There's bangers? People are comparing and marking bangers?!?!

That's a much better thread than this, and this one is great like!

Link please! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

banie01 wrote: »
    There's bangers? People are comparing and marking bangers?!?!

That's a much better thread than this, and this one is great like!

Link please! :P

On the Food & Drink forum.

Wait till you see her mash.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    On the Food & Drink forum.

Wait till you see her mash.

As long as I get to fork her 1st!

I hate forking 2nd, usually a sticky creamy mess at that point :P

Already been a mod warning about the question your asking.

Yup saw that. Perhaps are u overthinking things somewhat there? No naming of anyone btw and wouldn't want to know eitherway .

Simply asked humorously how would know some one was as you claimed a t-r-o-l-l ;)

But hey no worries...

#whoosh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Anyone remember clairewithani? It all went a bit strange at the end..
    erica74 is another one I don’t see around much. I know she was going through a lot. Hope she’s okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭optogirl

banie01 wrote: »
    As long as I get to fork her 1st!

I hate forking 2nd, usually a sticky creamy mess at that point :P

Christ

Anyone remember clairewithani? It all went a bit strange at the end..
    erica74 is another one I don’t see around much. I know she was going through a lot. Hope she’s okay.

I thought clairewithani had re-regged?
    I do seem to remember reading that somewhere...

optogirl wrote: »
    Christ

I don't think he'd have liked over forked mash either?
    The Jewish affinity for the spud didn't kick off until quite a few years after the Ascension ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

josip wrote: »
    For those who haven't seen it and can no longer due to GDPR.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93648488&postcount=786

Sincere thanks to Jesus Wept for quoting this at the time and preserving it for future generations.

I have to admit, I’m a bit disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

trout wrote: »
    Some people think GDPR will help them tippex over anything they've ever posted online. "I have a right to be forgotten".

That's simply not true.

For one thing, GDPR Article 17 can do nothing about people remembering epic posts (as seen in this thread several times).

Also ... there's no solution (as yet) for internet archives like the Wayback Machine that will hold copies of boards threads / pages

Exhibit (a) == a boards.ie page from 2001 talking about cool sigs (random pick)

https://web.archive.org/web/20010211163608/http://www.boards.ie:80/bulletin/Forum1/HTML/001466.html

Exhibit (b) == a more recent boards.ie page talking about GDPR.

I confess, I like this one for the subject matter ... there's a delicious irony in how this site archived posts from a person who was so determined to be forgotten.

https://archive.fo/SF1GS

*chef’s kiss*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Does anyone remember the girl who brought a pineapple to a beers in Messrs (now Sweetmans). Probably around 2009/2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

On Whoopsa - I fear this might get me lynched because everyone seems to love her, but I wasn’t the biggest fan of hers. I found her to be frequently quite subtly passive-aggressive if someone disagreed with her. (and yes I’m aware of my sig)

I agree with this post.
    Didnt she leave after she made accusations about some mod(still here) filming her legs at a boards beers?
    There was a lot of questions but she didnt want to answer or take it further.
    And then gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ah lads, that Trent stuff is epic. Thanks again to whoever it was that posted the link. Just went thorugh all the Boards posts this morning and havent laughed so much in ages.
    UNLICENSED TRACHEOTOMY! Trent had put the pen through the throat of the bad guy without even realising it and was doing a crossword on the other side of his head and clicking the pen! OTOLARYNGOLOGIST! Shouted trent as he suddenly filled in 9 down which related to ear nose and throat doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Degsy
    Mr Presentable
    Muise
    King of the Eyesores
    Dr Bollocko
    Loopy

Mods, feel free to delete this post if it contravenes unofficial thread policy re: interminable references to Facekicker, Permabear or Trent.

If makes you wonder where the bodies are buried tbh .... ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement