Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Does anyone remember the girl who brought a pineapple to a beers in Messrs (now Sweetmans). Probably around 2009/2010.

McChubbin

There was a witch who really really hated men called Thaedydal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

The Master wrote: »
    McChubbin

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Anyone remember Dlofnep? At I think that was the spelling?
    Interesting thread about chelation from what he self diagnosed as heavy metal poisoning..

Other than that, an awkward contrarian and argumentive Bollox.

There was a witch who really really hated men called Thaedydal.
    Was she Beruthiel (sp?) They were similar. I never could understand why people seemed to like them. Very confrontational out of nowhere, which OK the likes of WWM could be like that too, but you knew there was an attempt at humour there. Those wans just seemed like quite nasty people. When people give out about the tone here today, it's worth remembering that boards was never all peace and love. In many ways people are a lot more civil lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Does anyone remember the girl who brought a pineapple to a beers in Messrs (now Sweetmans). Probably around 2009/2010.

Oh how quirky that is. Fcuk sake!
    Also agree with earlier poster that ILoveYourVibes is aiming for the most-posts title :P

50 posts a day :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Was she Beruthiel (sp?) They were similar. I never could understand why people seemed to like them. Very confrontational out of nowhere, which OK the likes of WWM could be like that too, but you knew there was an attempt at humour there. Those wans just seemed like quite nasty people.
    Two different people but great friends. At one time anyway.

I was very much at odds with Thaed for a long time - she could be so hostile to women (how "sisterly"!) but she mellowed greatly after being taken to task. Met her briefly in real life too - she actually seemed lovely.

The other one though...

A huge number of that crowd were like that however. And yeah, bewildering sycophancy towards them.

Dudess was always one of my favourites (which she knows!), as were Poundapunnet, Eve_dublin and a few more but I'm so bad at registering usernames that I can't think of their handles but I loved their posts.

I am devastated to learn that I'm not special and The Backwards Man loves all the ladies! To be fair he has always been very polite and respectful and nothing untowards at all. :)

A few others have stood out for the wrong reasons (Pumpkinsomething, Planespeeking in her various iterations, and a poster whose name escapes me but used to post mean spirited stuff in the TTTMYH thread - other peoples misfortune really made them happy). I don't know why TC gets any love, he may have been articulate but there were few posts of his that didn't drip with sneering condescension. He truly hated women.

I am also underwhelmed by the football thingy, it's funny but I guess it's probably hilarious if you were following at the time and knew all the backstory.

I am in an absolute HEAP reading the adventures of Trent, it's the best thing I've read in ages and comes straight from the AVB (before the handover) school of funny. :D

Brilliant stuff!

Muise! She was hilarious and so insightful. I really loved her posts. :)

Eve Dublin is doing great in real life - would love if she came back. Like Whoops she was driven off though by people who seem very upset all the time.

Dudess used to be way too argumentative and wound up and taking things too seriously politically... but I have it on excellent authority that she has mellowed greatly. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Was she Beruthiel (sp?) They were similar. I never could understand why people seemed to like them. Very confrontational out of nowhere, which OK the likes of WWM could be like that too, but you knew there was an attempt at humour there. Those wans just seemed like quite nasty people.
    Ahh I dunno M. Now I did not get on with Ber after a while and vice versa and we'd not be on one another's Xmas list, ever, she was alright overall. As a mod I found her bloody good at the basic housekeeping stuff in that role. Not so many are, but she was always on top of things and put a lot of effort into it. Thaed(sp) I found grand too. I modded PI with her for a good while(along with Ber actually). She was bloody good in that forum and her and Ber were major supporters of the forum when quite a few questioned its very existence. Major Right On feminist so we'd not be on agreeing terms regarding much of that :D but again she was grand. Both were among the few women on boards from early on, certainly in a more public way, so I know they got about equal static and respect there. There could be a mix of "oh a woman, wow" and "oh a woman, burn her" going on. I noticed that myself early on when some thought I was of the womanly persuasion, apparently just because I modded PI and wasn't the "pull yourself together" type. Among some of the men they were either looking for a mammy figure or out to get back at same. The former seemed to be a large part of the sycophancy Raconteuse notes. Freud all over the place. :D
    When people give out about the tone here today, it's worth remembering that boards was never all peace and love. In many ways people are a lot more civil lately.
    Oh that is most certainly true. Even on the mod stuff, for all the static it can get nowadays, it was far less consistent back then. The same comment could get you nuked from space by one and agreed with by another. Actually both the women above were pretty bloody consistent compared to many and Thaed was very much behind the drive for more consistency.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

There was another one from around that time, the Eve Dublin thing reminded me, Something Spain (can't remember what the something was), would start nearly every reply with 'Well I live in Spain and the way we do it here is........

Another one, bit of a melt actually, stupidusername I think

I was doing a bit of digging and came across posts by poor Shpud. I'd like of he came back and all his demons were banished. Sadly he is no longer with us.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Eve Dublin is doing great in real life - would love if she came back. Like Whoops she was driven off though by people who seem very upset all the time.

Dudess used to be way too argumentative and wound up and taking things too seriously politically... but I have it on excellent authority that she has mellowed greatly. ;)

Lovely to hear! Not sure Dudess could be improved but I'll take your word for it. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I remember being at a beers and someone having it explained to them that Dudess was a woman. People couldn't understand how he hadn't realised it from the name.

Apparently the way he was reading it was not like Dudess is to Dude as lioness is to lion, but Dudess is to Dude as lionsss is to lion :D

I actually got a PM from TheBackwardsMan under a new account a while back, never got around to getting back to him. Don't tell me he sent those to all the girls as well!

I actually got a PM from TheBackwardsMan under a new account a while back, never got around to getting back to him. Don't tell me he sent those to all the girls as well!

I feel so betrayed :P

Big Nasty wrote: »
    There was another one from around that time, the Eve Dublin thing reminded me, Something Spain (can't remember what the something was), would start nearly every reply with 'Well I live in Spain and the way we do it here is........

Another one, bit of a melt actually, stupidusername I think
    She's no longer in Spain (not Ireland).

Stupidusername was one of those "I only hang around with men because women are bitchy" folk - she had her demons though, felt sorry for her.

Remember Storminateacup? Pretty sure a well known poster is her but with differences in backstory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,479 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

She's no longer in Spain (not Ireland).

Stupidusername was one of those "I only hang around with men because women are bitchy" folk - she had her demons though, felt sorry for her.

Remember Storminateacup? Pretty sure a well known poster is her but with differences in backstory.

Think she's in holland, is a friend of a friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Jaysus, lads, ye're not too shy about sharing other people's personal info in their absence. Steady on.
    Apparently the way he was reading it was not like Dudess is to Dude as lioness is to lion, but Dudess is to Dude as lionsss is to lion :D

Dudess is the plural of dudes as ArmaniJeanss is the plural of armani jeans.

metrovelvet is another poster from yore I quite liked. Didn't always agree with her but she had a unique take on things.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever tell you that you look like yer wan off Eastenders?

AH was incredibly cliquey years ago (not sure if it's still like that, I rarely post here any more). There was always competition between alpha females. There were various "AH breakaway" private forums set up with childish but vicious rivalries, which would often spill over into public threads. The drama when word got out that your private forum beers might be "invaded" by people from another private forum lol. Ahhhh life was so simple when they were our biggest issues :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Those Private Forms all appealed to different demographics.

There are no cliques on boards.

Isn't that right Britherers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I was doing a bit of digging and came across posts by poor Shpud. I'd like of he came back and all his demons were banished. Sadly he is no longer with us.

He was a big loss, so young too.
    Some of photos were brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

I thought of him too when I was reading this thread.
    RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Omackeral wrote: »
    There are no cliques on boards.

Isn't that right Britherers?

#britherersforlife

Clique ? Unfounded accusation that was !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

I have to admit, I’m a bit disappointed.

You'd have to be familiar with the context of the post, tbh.

And start about 6 months before and read all the threads involved to get to that point and life's too short for that.

I think, like most posters, he'd be a good lad to go have a pint and watch a match with but he took those threads a tad too seriously for a good while.

It was an epic sign off, tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

AH was incredibly cliquey years ago (not sure if it's still like that, I rarely post here any more). There was always competition between alpha females. There were various "AH breakaway" private forums set up with childish but vicious rivalries, which would often spill over into public threads. The drama when word got out that your private forum beers might be "invaded" by people from another private forum lol. Ahhhh life was so simple when they were our biggest issues :D

Glad someone said this! Always taught the same it's not as bad these days though. It's not until threads like this pop up and you see some the names been thrown around and treated like royalty most of them where ****.

I really genuinely think far to many people try and make a sexy interesting witty persona for themselves online and all of a sudden start thinking this is actually who I am....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

My favourite Permabear thread was his hatred of Irish names and how they were bad for your career. He tried to back this up with a "study" with some parents who named one of their kids "Loser". Gas ****er.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Remember when Justin Timberlake was bringing sexy back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

I was very entertained reading the ‘ I’m eating my breakfast Kate’ thread this afternoon. Very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

FFred wrote: »
    Whoopsadaisydoodles

The one who did that charity pic of her tits?
    Meh. She got ban happy after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Missymoohaa. Responsible for one of the funniest misunderstandings in reality tv forum. Please someone who remembers link it :D
    I would but......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I was wondering when someone would bring her up. Soooooo many accounts. And yes, so many personas. In one she was anorexic and so thin she couldn't conceive and it was affecting her relationship. In another she was BBW and her boyfriend thought it was the hottest thing ever. Then she had the nost amazing skin ever and her employer wanted to use her photos to flog skin treatments but hers was just naturally like that and what should she do cause it was just sooooo unethical...

And god love you if you crossed her. She was vicious about getting back at people. To the point of being obsessed. I find that so bizarre. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat, like.

Wait til you see, I'll be doxed shortly now if she's still around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Missymoohaa. Responsible for one of the funniest misunderstandings in reality tv forum. Please someone who remembers link it :D

BB 2016...I was just re-reading 27/7/2016 posts from about 00.12 on..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I would but ... I'm barely hanging in there by the skin of my teeth as we both know ,,,,,, :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Arghus wrote: »
    Ah, no, he clearly knew what he was doing from the very beginning. It just took a while for people to cotton on. The grammatical errors and punctuation mistakes are part of the joke; some of them are so subtle that you have to marvel at his craft. It's a pity he dissapeared, lots of love for him here still.

I didnt think it at the time but on the second reading of the Trent thread a couple of years later I definitely felt that padraaig has to be a professional creative writer or author of some sort and that thread was just him having a laugh from his real work.

I'd even go as far to say that if it ever came out that padraaig is someone like Arthur Matthews or Graham Linehan of Father Ted fame or a similar well known comedy writer I wouldnt be all that surprised. Maybe he was just influenced by Father Ted but his writings on the adventures of Trent definitely had a similar kind of comedic madness and insanity to it.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I would but ... I'm barely hanging in there by the skin of my teeth as we both know ,,,,,, :p

The thread was love, the thread was life :D

What is it??? I can’t remember!

Ah someone will have to link it, it was brilliant and my botched description won’t do it justice! Do you not remember #missingcomma gate??

• Advertisement

The thread was love, the thread was life :D

#TILTIL

Ah someone will have to link it, it was brilliant and my botched description won’t do it justice! Do you not remember #missingcomma gate??

No but I drink a lot :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭jluv

Missy misread a comment that a poster made. Thinking the poster had a child that had died she sent a PM to sympathise. The poster didn't take it well...the original post was that his son was dead right that he needed to get a life:)

No but I drink a lot :/

#savsistersforlife

jluv wrote: »
    Missy misread a comment that a poster made. Thinking the poster had a child that had died she sent a PM to sympathise. The poster didn't take it well...the original post was that his son was dead right that he needed to get a life:)

She thought the post read “my son is dead, right”, but he meant to say “my son is dead right”. She PM’d him to sympathise about his dead son and he did not take it well.
    Chaos ensued. Hahahaa.

jluv wrote: »

Oh god!!!! Ok I definitely don’t remember that. Poor Missy!!

Oh, Ginandtonicsky. A very perceptive and articulate poster who I hope comes/is back. Always had a sensible take on things.

Candie wrote: »
    Oh, Ginandtonicsky. A very perceptive and articulate poster who I hope comes/is back. Always had a sensible take on things.

Was she Bambi985 as well? Similar style. Liked her posts

Always loved donkeykong, donkeykong2, donkeykong3, donkeykong4 and donkeykong6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭limnam

Two different people but great friends. At one time anyway.

I was very much at odds with Thaed for a long time - she could be so hostile to women (how "sisterly"!) but she mellowed greatly after being taken to task. Met her briefly in real life too - she actually seemed lovely.

The other one though...

A huge number of that crowd were like that however. And yeah, bewildering sycophancy towards them.

383k7b.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement