Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hahahah Brazilianz and degsy were such ***** but made me laugh.

BraziliaNZ! A bit of a cunt but totally owned it. :pac:

Battered Mars Bar!! I'd forgotten all about that poster. I think they were funny *tries to remember*.

There was a guy on here a few years ago. He re-regged a number of times, but was prolific & instantly recognisable every time..

He had some kind of business that involved a fleet of vans. Seemed to be into construction or plumbing.

Used to be on the Thunderdome too.
    Cormie

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Was Degsy the dude who really, really, really hated David McSavage?

Candie wrote: »
    Dudess was always one of my favourites (which she knows!), as were Poundapunnet, Eve_dublin and a few more but I'm so bad at registering usernames that I can't think of their handles but I loved their posts.

I am devastated to learn that I'm not special and The Backwards Man loves all the ladies! To be fair he has always been very polite and respectful and nothing untowards at all. :)

A few others have stood out for the wrong reasons (Pumpkinsomething, Planespeeking in her various iterations, and a poster whose name escapes me but used to post mean spirited stuff in the TTTMYH thread - other peoples misfortune really made them happy). I don't know why TC gets any love, he may have been articulate but there were few posts of his that didn't drip with sneering condescension. He truly hated women.

I am also underwhelmed by the football thingy, it's funny but I guess it's probably hilarious if you were following at the time and knew all the backstory.

I am in an absolute HEAP reading the adventures of Trent, it's the best thing I've read in ages and comes straight from the AVB (before the handover) school of funny. :D

Brilliant stuff!

I’m so glad that I’m not the only one who thought this. Both the disdain for women and the condescension. And, as I said earlier in the thread, he revealed himself to be ridiculously precious too. The time he criticised a mod who actually stood up for him was astounding. I was thinking “If that’s what you’re like with people who are trying to help you...”. I’ve noticed that articulacy seems to dazzle and impress many people and much is undeservedly forgiven if you have a way with words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Was Degsy the dude who really, really, really hated David McSavage?

Yeah, and Gerry Ryan too I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

Cormie

Nah. I thought someone would have mentioned him long before now.

He was Pottler, Stavros Murphy, Nucking Facker...etc..to my knowledge.

I found him to be quite entertaining & knowledgable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Both the disdain for women and the condescension. And, as I said earlier in the thread, he revealed himself to be ridiculously precious too. The time he criticised a mod who actually stood up for him was astounding. I was thinking “If that’s what you’re like with people who are trying to help you...”. I’ve noticed that articulacy seems to dazzle and impress many people and much is undeservedly forgiven if you have a way with words.
    Very true. I'd be ok at the writing/articulacy, and I can't be arsed with that - plain English will do fine.

He was appalling. If women robustly disagreed with him, he'd say "Well, enjoy being single so". Nasty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

How you guys can keep track of who is who after they've changed their names multiple times is beyond me. I can honestly only remember a few names of people who are no longer with us and no chance would I cop their multiple itinerations.

• Advertisement

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Very true. I'd be ok at the writing/articulacy, and I can't be arsed with that - plain English will do fine.

He was appalling. If women robustly disagreed with them, he'd say "Well, enjoy being single so". Nasty.

The time he strode into the thread of people confessing sexual abuse they had suffered with a ‘For instance’ in an attempt to start a debate - I thought “You tone-deaf *******”. It was the only time I ever saw him contrite - the backlash was harsh and swift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Nah. I thought someone would have mentioned him long before now.

He was Pottler, Stavros Murphy, Nucking Facker...etc..to my knowledge.

I found him to be quite entertaining & knowledgable.

he had a van business, used to see it around South Dublin all the time, still going?

Arghus wrote: »
    How you guys can keep track of who is who after they've changed their names multiple times is beyond me. I can honestly only remember a few names of people who are no longer with us and no chance would I cop their multiple itinerations.

Easy. We’re what’s known as “complete fucking losers”.

He was appalling. If women robustly disagreed with him, he'd say "Well, enjoy being single so". Nasty.

I always thought that TC impressed people in the same superficial way as Jordan Peterson does. I saw someone describe him (JP) as an 'Aldi intellectual' - I think it was Yer Da Sells Avon - which I thought was apt, and I feel much the same about TC. He thought he 'won' arguments because people didn't have the tools to engage with him, in reality I think people didn't engage with him because he was patronizing and supercilious and life is just too short to bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Easy. We’re what’s known as “complete fucking losers”.

Arah, sure lookit, as long as we're happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

He was upset because Jason was being evicted though. Take that into account.

Nah, Jason won. That's what made it all the more funnier, as just moments before the meltdown he said:
    Whatever. No one will ruin my night. After my favourite house mate of all time apart from nikki graham won. Go jason

:p

Miss the BB thread, was a good laugh. Hope it comes backs. Rylan hinting it will recently so fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Yeah, and Gerry Ryan too I think.

Bono as well. But he really hated Ryan
    Degsy wrote: »
    That bastard Gerry Ryan's boasting about how he likes to "celebrate" his loadsa money and all that jazz is going to look a bit hollow if he finds ten percent THAT important to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

he had a van business, used to see it around South Dublin all the time, still going?

No idea. I just thought he was a good poster at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

From a few years ago across the fitness forum and various martial arts chat:

Dragan on the fitness forum. About ten years ago, he was almost pre-SJW but wasn't, he was just a caring bloke.

Millionaire/Gerry - he was this headcase who used to go to thailand for muay thai coaching, and he had a really intense personal rapport with a few posters. Used to post videos of himself training way before blogging you programme was a thing.

Willheffernan - used to ****ing go at people who were wrong, not always diplomatic and not always correct, but had a personality.

Cant remember the last guy, from south dublin and used to do acrobatics and what not. In great shape, was all about the planche and olympic rings before crossfit made them uncool. If someone could remind me, that would be great, his posts were quite insightful!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

#FreeHanley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

#FreeHanley

Hahahaha, yeah, I wonder how he's doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

No idea. I just thought he was a good poster at the time.

It sure is, remembered it
    www.vantasks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

Any one know what happened to shopaholic01? she was always very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

jigsaw and his infamous stalking thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

She thought the post read “my son is dead, right”, but he meant to say “my son is dead right”. She PM’d him to sympathise about his dead son and he did not take it well.
    Chaos ensued. Hahahaa.
    And people say that grammar and punctuation isn't important... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Miss the BB thread, was a good laugh. Hope it comes backs.
    #FreeHanley

Never mind that...... #FreeTheDiaryRoom6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

You could definitely spot the lad who is fixated on shite and uses creative metaphors to describe it. Can spot him a mile away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

4 real.

I feel like Homer in the witness relocation episode as the FBI agents explain to him who Mr. Thompson is.

The only reregs I'm able to keep track of are people I know who I then get told "this is their new username".

And Eve_Dublin and Dudess because of their distinct posting styles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

I’m confused. I’m quoted in your post but didn’t say the thing I’m quoted for there. I don’t mind, it’s not offensive. I’m just confused.

Yeah that confused me too, was my post quoted

Oh I've got a... *gut feeling* that Gimme a Pound is around here somewhere! ;) After all, isn't there a little Gimme a Pound in all of us? In fact, you might even say we just... ate Gimme a Pound and she's in our stomachs right now!

https://youtu.be/taHcpkmndB8
    Earthhorse wrote: »
    4 real.

I feel like Homer in the witness relocation episode as the FBI agents explain to him who Mr. Thompson is.

The only reregs I'm able to keep track of are people I know who I then get told "this is their new username".

And Eve_Dublin and Dudess because of their distinct posting styles.

My inner classic Simpsons nerd is so happy right now.

My inner classic Simpsons nerd is so happy right now.

Not enough to thank my post though, huh?

It's just a damn popularity contest with you kids!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,947 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'd thank it twice if I could, ODB is just mean :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Chalmers, ho ho I get it :)

Too busy replaying the rake scene in my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Is OldNotWise still around? I didn't always agree with her but she was very articulate and got her points across very well, I always enjoyed reading them. Her account seems to be gone awhile now.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I miss

johnnycivic
    Dale Doleback
    Barry Bardrinath
    Pter
    Nicholas Cage
    Chewbacca

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Bubble burst..I signed up thinking this site has so many amazing characters,
    but he tell me it’s just the same ten people going round and round:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

SusieBlue wrote: »
    Is OldNotWise still around? I didn't always agree with her but she was very articulate and got her points across very well, I always enjoyed reading them. Her account seems to be gone awhile now.

I found her very entertaining too. She walked on the wild side and her personal life was ever complicated.
    And her rants were fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Bubble burst..I signed up thinking this site has so many amazing characters,
    but he tell me it’s just the same ten people going round and round:o

I'm surprised there have been so many who keep re-regging.

Also, I'm sure there are people who keep hopping between their multiple active accounts, especially those pushing certain agendas and the 'anti-' people.

there was a poster who pulled a right strop over not getting their posts thanked.....cant for the life of me remember the name ...

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

It's really a shame she's gone. Hope she is OK because she had seemed quite down the last few times I saw her posting here.

To be fair Lainey you gave her a pretty hard time at the end of July in another thread " How common is it for people to never find another half or have kids" - particularly posts between you both ( #586 and #587).

Ginandtonicsky was so empathetic, understanding and patient with you in trying to understand your point of view yet give an insight into her perspective on life. She spoke about life being hard for all of us, some more than others, and about putting our best foot forward.
    Even when she was writing that I sensed something deeper and sadder in her. Yet she spoke about focusing on the positives.

I think you were quite hard on her then. Just because someone might sound like they have their act together doesn't mean they are in a good place. I thought she was actually trying to help you. In the end she just said she was giving up trying to understand, she had been so insightful and patient too. I thought she was a lovely poster and I really hope all is well with her. She hasn't posted since then and has closed her account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

there was a poster who pulled a right strop over not getting their posts thanked.....cant for the life of me remember the name ...

johnpatrick81???

Yes their logic was that if you read the post, you should thank it to recognise the effort that went into it. Bat sh*t crazy

To be fair Lainey you gave her a pretty hard time at the end of July in another thread " How common is it for people to never find another half or have kids" - particularly posts between you both ( #586 and #587).

Ginandtonicsky was so empathetic, understanding and patient with you in trying to understand your point of view yet give an insight into her perspective on life. She spoke about life being hard for all of us, some more than others, and about putting our best foot forward.
    Even when she was writing that I sensed something deeper and sadder in her. Yet she spoke about focusing on the positives.

I think you were quite hard on her then. Just because someone might sound like they have their act together doesn't mean they are in a good place. I thought she was actually trying to help you. In the end she just said she was giving up trying to understand, she had been so insightful and patient too. I thought she was a lovely poster and I really hope all is well with her. She hasn't posted since then and has closed her account.

I wuvved ginandtonicsky. The most emotionally-intelligent forum member I’ve come across.

johnpatrick81???

Nah dont think so. Was gonna say who but I'd catch a ban no doubt. They loved reporting everyone across their multiple accounts.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Nah dont think so. Was gonna say who but I'd catch a ban no doubt. They loved reporting everyone across their multiple accounts.

And yet we all suffered

• Advertisement

And yet we all suffered

I believe the Diary Room isn't a patch on what it was before since the 6 got clinked, gone quiet and all? Might ask to come back, it's been months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

G&Tsky - awesome woman. And so kind and non judgmental. Really hope she comes back eventually. I'd say she will. Nearly everyone does. :)

It was me, just now, in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

I once started a thread in AH using an old account asking if we could remove the thanks button until it was earned, or something similar to that, and I was serious about it, mods moved it to Cuckoos Nest.

Not surprised my old username hasn’t appeared on here, but like to think I contributed to the madness over the years!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Candie wrote: »
    I don't know why TC gets any love, he may have been articulate but there were few posts of his that didn't drip with sneering condescension. He truly hated women.

Who? :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement