Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I learned everything I know about weightlifting from reading Hanley’s posts here. Then his emails when I subscribed to his newsletters.

Always meant to head over to his gym and give him some money but then got lazy and forgot about all that weight lifting stuff.

I thought he gave way more to the forum than he took out. There are people who crap on about bull**** fads and broscience the whole time that are left at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Fair play to the mods for leaving this open-there was a time when it would have been closed down faster than a hot snot.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Autosport wrote: »
    Fifty grades of Shay I miss his posts and of course Sphud (rip)

I forgot about Sphud. Gone far, for too soon. :(

The poor lad must have been in complete hell with his pain. Only a baby really.

RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

El Guapo
    Chucken
    Misticles
    -LOS-
    Dave!

Another list of legends/weirdos.

I still hang around in the bushes at your house.
    Lovely curtains by the way.

The names in this thread are bringing back some memories. Blast from the past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

What happens if someine does screenshots of threads in Boards, then someone wants to have their posts deleted?

anewme wrote: »
    What happens if someine does screenshots of threads in Boards, then someone wants to have their posts deleted?

You mean if someone screenshots threads before having their contribution to them deleted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Obv nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

It catapults the entire planet into an alternate timeline and causes no end of problems for the mods... please don't do that.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

La di da and Misstearus are another 2 who I miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Steve wrote: »
    It catapults the entire planet into an alternate timeline and causes no end of problems for the mods... please don't do that.. :D

Same as typing Google into Google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I haven't seen cbyrd post in ages.
    Edward M is another

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fair play to the mods for leaving this open-there was a time when it would have been closed down faster than a hot snot.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Haven’t seen ILoveYourVibes post in seven hours. Hope she’s alright.

Has Sauve been mentioned in this thread?

I dunno if Sauve was her full name or a shortened version, she posted in the Thunderdome a lot. Eminently sound individual, but obviously nobody would have told her that in The Dome.

There was also a guy called Siri who used to post here. I'm pretty sure he was in school with me, but I may be mistaken. Another sound head with strange/ excellent sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

nervous wreck
    lucyfur (not sure if she's still around)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,106 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

That time would have been when boards had a lot more active posters and threads and could afford to cull more. Not any more.

Oh, and I'd bring back toomevara and Wakey Tyke, and anyone else who ever posted in Rugby League.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Dan Dare

Another poster whose name I have not seen in quite a while is Abajanincork. This thread has been a very interesting read. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Come back ILYV!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Dan Dare wrote: »
    Another poster whose name I have not seen in quite a while is Abajanincork. This thread has been a very interesting read. Thanks

Abajanincork was lovely. I liked her perspective, being married to an Irish man but from the Caribbean. Actually, I like so many of the forum members who are from elsewhere. They can offer unique perspectives.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

She really gets on some people's back, the lack of ability to multi qoute was irritating

Not sure if she's for the birds or a decent enough skin with too much time on her hands

Actually haven't seen her post today also...........Could be Rehab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Almost started a fake Amber Alert thread for a missing person, ILYV, but thought it a tad too far :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

She really gets on some people's back, the lack of ability to multi qoute was irritating

Not sure if she's for the birds or a decent enough skin with too much time on her hands

Actually haven't seen her post today also...........Could be Rehab
    Schools back next week, so she'll be busy with homework I imagine.

To thine own self be true

It appears that Permabear has heeded the clarion call - his second incarnation registered today. Or an imposter out for kicks. AH won't be as charitable...

It appears that Permabear has heeded the clarion call - his second incarnation registered today. Or an imposter out for kicks. AH won't be as charitable...

Who

Edit : Permabear II

I see...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,151 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Permabear had me fooled for quite a while - I did find his marital and family situation very far-fetched but was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt - but then I noticed how many of his posts seemed to contradict others of his in other threads and smelled a rat.

Why he felt the need to create a fantasy life online would have the psychologists busy for months.

If i recall correctly, he was the right wing libertarian who relocated to Carolina after making a lot of money during the recession?
    I remember he boasted about providing employment to people in Donegal during the recession.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Who

Edit : Permabear II

I see...

Permabear II:Patronize harder.

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sorry to put a downer on things, but the mention of Sphud reminded me of another departed too soon boardsie - eirebhoy.
    Coming up to 10years too :(
    RIP.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2055724582

Back again, Perma's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back.. Dun deh dun deh, dun day deh.

Just a result of this thread probably, doubt its the Ursa Major himself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Dan Dare wrote: »

I remember she was having trouble finding a job. I hope she did in the end. I loved her sassy attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

God don't tempt fate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Back again, Perma's back, tell a friend. Guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back.. Dun deh dun deh, dun day deh.

Just a result of this thread probably, doubt its the Ursa Major himself

I dunno... if it's an impersonator, it's a very good one. Vacuous, ill-informed drivel, delivered in a patronising tone with the requisite level of misplaced confidence. Perhaps the admins could check whether the IP address is from southern America or from a flat above a bookies in the northwest of Ireland that hasn't been renovated or seen an open window since the 1990s - overflowing ashtrays, yellowed paint peeling off the door frames, empty takeaway packaging scattered around the sticky carpet, smelling vaguely of piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭Tamara tamara

Eternal. Her confidence was amazing. And no I'm not her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Eirebhoy was a hero. Think he went to my secondary school, really liked him on here. He was so normal and just loved football. Loved his view on Ireland and genuinely missed his posts for years,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not sure if he's been mentioned already but Gran Hermano - introduced me to the wonders of a D.E shave.

Rip Gran.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

THIS.
    3 years Padraiggg, THREE years...:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

I dunno... if it's an impersonator, it's a very good one. Vacuous, ill-informed drivel, delivered in a patronising tone with the requisite level of misplaced confidence. Perhaps the admins could check whether the IP address is from southern America or from a flat above a bookies in the northwest of Ireland that hasn't been renovated or seen an open window since the 1990s - overflowing ashtrays, yellowed paint peeling off the door frames, empty takeaway packaging scattered around the sticky carpet, smelling vaguely of piss.

It’s definitely his style alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Eternal. Her confidence was amazing. And no I'm not her :D

I was accused of being her shortly after I registered, along with 2 other names that she apparently used. One of those other 2 regularly posts in the same thread as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Can't figure out who you used to be, Leg End, and I'm usually good. :pac:

(Although maybe you're actually new! :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Can't figure out who you used to be, Leg End, and I'm usually good. :pac:

(Although maybe you're actually new! :eek:)

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I can't figure out any re-regs at all anymore.

But I'm pretty sure Franz von Peppercorn II is a re-reg of Franz von Peppercorn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hey, are you spying on me? And, excuse me, the door frames are magnolia, not yellow. Oh, yellowed. Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Recliner

Apparently she's 26. She DM'd me from another thread and I asked the question. I think I'd probably go for half that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Recliner wrote: »
    Apparently she's 26. She DM'd me from another thread and I asked the question. I think I'd probably go for half that age.

She posts very similarly to a girl I'm friends with on Facebook who's in her thirties. Not the same person but same kind of mindset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Pretty sure I saw her say in the Leaving Cert thread that she did hers six years ago, which was putting her at 23/24. Seemed about right to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Ooohhh.. You're in there so, you ole codger.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

The only one I see regular on here is Wibbs.

With a name like that I thought he was Anglo Irish or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

I’d rather 26 I’m not even sure 13 is legal

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Beruthiel
    LeRack
    Kittenkiller
    Page

All feisty women

Also there was a female who would frequent the Thunderdome a lot. Very witty and funny. Can't for the life of me remember her username though.

Flutterinbantam and Pighead for toilet humor

Used to enjoy having the banter with JoeJoeM

Degsy was always good for a laugh too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

xzanti wrote: »
    Also there was a female who would frequent the Thunderdome a lot. Very witty and funny. Can't for the life of me remember her username though.
    Quality?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement