Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

I do... Let me guess, it was you.
    Twice you've posted about that user.

Nope. He was a friend I knew. Weird lad. Knew bucketybuck and both of them post here on boards along with the straight dope message boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

There was a witch who really really hated men called Thaedydal.

Dont forget Marksutton and beruthial who basically spent their time trying to convince everyone that they should be letting their partners sleep around, and that swinging was absolutely natural. Other notable contributions included their persistance in taking a weird aggresive slant on any man who questioned a womens fidelity over in the personal issues forum.

Let us not forget when Thaedydal let slip about her knowledge of human-dog relations :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Dont forget Marksutton and beruthial who basically spent their time trying to convince everyone that they should be letting their partners sleep around, and that swinging was absolutely natural. Other notable contributions included their persistance in taking a weird aggresive slant on any man who questioned a womens fidelity over in the personal issues forum.

Let us not forget when Thaedydal let slip about her knowledge of human-dog relations :eek:

She sounds like a great human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,153 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

As in “personal”, and illegal, knowledge or just general knowledge that anyone who remember that news story about the lady from limerick and the Alsatian would have.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

She sounds like a great human being.

Top notch. Always put her arm around newbies to make sure everyone felt welcome. Always able to engage respectfully. Real sound like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭anewme

There are no human/dog "relations" that are acceptable.

Its abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I used to enjoy kfallon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Cena.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,363 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Cena.
    Are they different to Cina?
    Which one wanted to find a wedding date on boards.ie?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I used to enjoy kfallon.

Same here. Met him once, he left an impression for sure :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

It has to be Harry Angstrom - I loved him <3<3<3 !!! He was an incredibly intelligent poster, he was also hilariously funny.

I also miss Roundy Mooney, Lapin & GSW.

Agree re Harry and GSW.
    I don't really remember the other two names mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I suppose to balance this thread we need 'which boards member would you get rid of?'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ah this thread again.

Bring back bubbles, he was the only mod that was ever any craic. Remember when he had his own forum......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I suppose to balance this thread we need 'which boards member would you get rid of?'

I can think of about 6 but I think they're all actually the one poster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Squall Leonhart

Omackeral wrote: »

That poster drives me mad, so obnoxious. Why do mods allow all the multiple accounts for what is clearly one poster. He routinely quotes and thanks and replies to his own posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Who is is that poster? Can’t say I’ve noticed that myself.

I’ve noticed it, J. There’s a few paranoid, and deluded, users who often trot out their, silly, “belief” quite regularly.

It’s usually when they don’t like a post or during an argument, or debate, in which they are on the losing side. “Bully-boy” tactics, you know yourself,

Best not to take any notice, as I see you have been doing. I’m pretty sure it’s against the forum rules but no action is ever taken so I just treat it as an “ad hominem” and let it go. They really aren’t worth the time.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

That poster drives me mad, so obnoxious. Why do mods allow all the multiple accounts for what is clearly one poster. He routinely quotes and thanks and replies to his own posts.

Guy Person wrote: »

I’ve noticed it, Guy. There’s a few paranoid, and deluded, users who often trot out their, silly, “belief” quite regularly.

It’s usually when they don’t like a post or during an argument, or debate, in which they are on the losing side. “Bully-boy” tactics, you know yourself,

Best not to take any notice, as I see you have been doing. I’m pretty sure it’s against the forum rules but no action is ever taken so I just treat it as an “ad hominem” and let it go. They really aren’t worth the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Shut up, Candie.

Wait....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Most of the time when people on this website run out of coherent arguments or opportunities to slag you off, they will resort to accuse you of hiding behind multiple handles.

It’s the tactic of the weak-minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

I'm lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I preferred FakeMackeral to this guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,351 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Same here. Met him once, he left an impression for sure :D
    Met him once at a motors meet, interesting chap to say the least.
    Bored the ear off me about photography though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Report a post and list all accounts you think belong to one person, all accounts can be checked out pretty quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Report a post and list all accounts you think belong to one person, all accounts can be checked out pretty quickly.

And for those on VPNs? Isnt that whats going on, multiple accounts hiding behind VPNs and Boards cant prove it

And four of them emerged from the burrow subsequently.

Flutterin Bantam & Rumpy Pumpy left a sizable legacy behind them. It required a shovel.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Muahahaha wrote: »
    And for those on VPNs? Isnt that whats going on, multiple accounts hiding behind VPNs and Boards cant prove it

The first step is someone making an actual report with a list of names believed to have the same owner. So far there are no reports as I have suggested above

Anyway this is dragging the thread off topic. If anyone has suspicions about an account then report it and it will be reviewed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Flutterin Bantam & Rumpy Pumpy left a sizable legacy behind them. It required a shovel.

Hiya. I just said I'd give you a thank in case no-one else noticed the joke.

• Advertisement

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Hiya. I just said I'd give you a thank in case no-one else noticed the joke.

I don’t get it?

I thought the “Rumpy Pumpy” part was funny but just because it’s a funny term you just don’t hear anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I don’t get it?

I thought the “Rumpy Pumpy” part was funny but just because it’s a funny term you just don’t hear anymore.
    Their posts were scatological, I'd say.

Their posts were scatological, I'd say.

Ah, thanks. I’ve heard of the “Fluttering” guy alright but haven’t seen their posts. He’s not in the “etiquette” thread anyway.

There’s certainly a “cohort” on here who, if they don’t agree with you or think you’re enjoying yourself, will hound you around the place. It’s, quite frankly, bizarre, and certainly unhealthy, behaviour.

While I haven’t had any reason to use the “ignore” function I think it would be a valuable “asset” for these people. Could lead them to getting a life instead of hanging out in someone else’s.

Thanks again for the clarification, B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Had to Google scatological.
    Could be a number of posters on the etiquette thread !

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Each and every one of those posters would be filling a bucket every other day at least, imagine if they were double or triple posting! Chocolate chip donuts for sphincters!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Ah, thanks. I’ve heard of the “Fluttering” guy alright but haven’t seen their posts. He’s not in the “etiquette” thread anyway.

Wherever he is, I'm sure he's, at the very least, browsing it. While pulling the mickey off himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Wherever he is, I'm sure he's, at the very least, browsing it. While pulling the mickey off himself.

And blocking up the toilet, no doubt.

Roger Hassenforder.

Honestly, the people who thanked this post, shame on you all.

If this Forum has lacked anything in recent years, it was originality and humour. Some of us are fed-up with staid, middle-aged anxiety towards how the world is changing.

Sometimes it's a relief to log-on and catch a glimpse of the boards of the mid-00's, when everyone wasn't obsessed with nonce words like "woke" and "cuck", nor wound up in a ball of "economic anxiety".

Frankly, some of the people involved in thanking the above post are some of the least-craic on this website. We should be glad, in an age of Twitter and Instagram, that anyone is still making an effort on this website - and enjoy it. Don't be so bloody miserable all the time, hmm?

• Advertisement

Roger Hassenforder.

Ah that’s a shame. I always found him funny.

I noticed too that Zorya is gone which is another shame as I like her, another funny poster gone. I replied to her last post on the site which suggests to me I scared her off. I have a knack for doing that with the ladies, it’s my gift. :cool:

If this Forum has lacked anything in recent years, it was originality and humour. Some of us are fed-up with staid, middle-aged anxiety towards how the world is changing.

Sometimes it's a relief to log-on and catch a glimpse of the boards of the mid-00's, when everyone wasn't obsessed with nonce words like "woke" and "cuck", nor wound up in a ball of "economic anxiety".

Frankly, some of the people involved in thanking the above post are some of the least-craic on this website. We should be glad, in an age of Twitter and Instagram, that anyone is still making an effort on this website - and enjoy it. Don't be so bloody miserable all the time, hmm?

You're right, it's a borderline outrage. Those who don't venerate excrement, profound shame on their lack of self-respect. They're so boring they should be consigned to an old folks home. Them miseryguts, how dare they flippantly dismiss inane drivel. It's almost as if they intelligently deride crass stupidity, the sheer effrontery of it all.

Ah to be honest Tyrant when I posted that message under my Omackeral account I was still locked from posting as Bigbagofcans earlier that day so wasn’t in my right mind. Why I thanked the post under so many of my other accounts I’m not 100% sure but I will chalk it up to feeling the pressure of having so many accounts going at once. I’m overworked and stressed out with it all. I regret posting it now but I just made up for it by posting the message I am replying to right now under my A Tyrant Named Miltiades! account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Ah to be honest Tyrant when I posted that message under my Omackeral account I was still locked from posting as Bigbagofcans earlier that day so wasn’t in my right mind. Why I thanked the post under so many of my other accounts I’m not 100% sure but I will chalk it up to feeling the pressure of having so many accounts going at once. I’m overworked and stressed out with it all. I regret posting it now but I just made up for it by posting the message I am replying to right now under my A Tyrant Named Miltiades! account.

It is all rather a chore, Earthhorse. Tomorrow I'm Persepoly and I shall have to work on the transition before logging in. Embarrassingly, I can't remember who's taking over this account.

It is all rather a chore, Earthhorse. Tomorrow I'm Persepoly and I shall have to work on the transition before logging in. Embarrassingly, I can't remember who's taking over this account.

Fùck. I forgot you become me on Tuesdays, which, if my time is correct, is now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That's it.... let it all out. That was building up for a while was't it!?

• Advertisement

Ah that’s a shame. I always found him funny.

I noticed too that Zorya is gone which is another shame as I like her, another funny poster gone. I replied to her last post on the site which suggests to me I scared her off. I have a knack for doing that with the ladies, it’s my gift. :cool:

Roger is back!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Fùck. I forgot you become me on Tuesdays, which, if my time is correct, is now.

It's exhausting isn't it? Now, log out and I'll take over.

It's exhausting isn't it? Now, log out and I'll take over.

Ok. Gimmee a minute.

A incontinent lack of control bordering on frazzled incoherence.

The title of your sex tape?

I'm you tomorrow. Let's see if I still scare off women when I am one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement