Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What boardsies would you bring back?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Guy Person wrote: »
    I'm you tomorrow. Let's see if I still scare off women when I am one.

Just remember to wear my knickers, you don't want to appear vulgar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Roger is back!! :)

Cool! I'm going to sleep now so I'll just have to take my word for it.

The title of your sex tape?

I will thank "nonce words like 'woke'" although it's contrary to my alter ego(s), because those who don't expound on their toilet habits are killjoys.

And if I TYRANICALLY get pulled up on imbecilic prattle, I can pretend I was having a drooling giggle therefore disqualifying me from all criticism.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I will thank "nonce words like 'woke'" although it's contrary to my alter ego(s), because those who don't expound on their toilet habits are killjoys.

And if I TYRANICALLY get pulled up on imbecilic prattle, I can pretend I was having a drooling giggle therefore disqualifying me from all criticism.

You need to chill, Bertie. Like seriously. All joking aside. This place seems to make you very stressed and unhappy. It’s a silly little message board for God’s sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Honestly, the people who thanked this post, shame on you all.

If this Forum has lacked anything in recent years, it was originality and humour. Some of us are fed-up with staid, middle-aged anxiety towards how the world is changing.

Sometimes it's a relief to log-on and catch a glimpse of the boards of the mid-00's, when everyone wasn't obsessed with nonce words like "woke" and "cuck", nor wound up in a ball of "economic anxiety".

Frankly, some of the people involved in thanking the above post are some of the least-craic on this website. We should be glad, in an age of Twitter and Instagram, that anyone is still making an effort on this website - and enjoy it. Don't be so bloody miserable all the time, hmm?

Its a two way street and you will find others are sick of the self-righteous virtue signalers who only want a soap box to make themselves feel good while they talk down to the little man/woman.

If people just accept that there are other opinions out there and be glad to have your opinion challenged rather than have an echo chamber like twitter ect it be a better place.

You need to chill, Bertie. Like seriously. All joking aside. This place seems to make you very stressed and unhappy. It’s a silly little message board for God’s sake.

You need to rein in the puppet show. How the other clown (I was being satirical hurr hurr) became moderator beggars belief.

You need to rein in the puppet show. How the other clown (I was being satirical hurr hurr) became moderator beggars belief.

Saying I have 4, 5, 6 accounts doesn’t make it true, dude.

I have two accounts - JohnnyFlash, that lovable rogue, and end of the road, my elaborate troll account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

Guy Person wrote: »
    Ah to be honest Tyrant when I posted that message under my Omackeral account I was still locked from posting as Bigbagofcans earlier that day so wasn’t in my right mind.

Guy, how dare you bring my name into this mess.
    As penance, you owe me a new bag of cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

Tired and emotional, perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

So is Permabear II the original Permabear or not ?

• Advertisement

So is Permabear II the original Permabear or not ?
    Don't know but its about as good a sequel as Jaws - The Revenge. Boring shïte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Well, this is fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

warped control freaks who believe they can dictate what is amusing.

Is that not what you’re doing on an, almost, daily basis? When you’re not “scrambling” to get the first post in every new thread, that is.

Just wondering if you’ve ever read the After Hours “rules” thread?

“What is After Hours?
    After hours is the place to come on boards where general discussion can be light-hearted. The aim here is to have a bit of a laugh and not to piss anybody off while doing so.

This forum has been variously described as a refuge for idiots, the dregs of boards.ie, the best forum on boards and the only forum on boards. As such you may find After Hours quite different to any other boards.ie forums. What's OK here may not fly elsewhere on boards.”

This is a “light-hearted” forum, or, at least, it’s supposed to be. You don’t come across as a very light-hearted person at all, B, and I would doubt, very much, that you’re having much of a “laugh” in this forum.

Unless you find making, baseless, accusations and acting as a some sort of, self-appointed and unofficial, Quality Controller funny. Condemning any thread you’ve no interest in with some sort of snide “tut-tutting” post as early on as you can get it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Slideways

Hit the nail on the head there I reckon

Now you're referring to yourself in the third person, the personality crisis worsens.

Not quite as deranged as Tom Tit from the radio forum wanting to smear himself with faeces.

As previously stated, the likes of Mikom are needed more than ever - to shred the idiocy of these warped control freaks who believe they can dictate what is amusing.
    Nobody's dictating anything to you, we all have different senses of humour. I find your gnarly posts in this thread fairly humorous tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Will someone open the windows for a bit please, there's an acrid bang of Control Tantrum in here.

Who threw all the toys out into the hall?

I'm going to have to slap some arses.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I'm confused yet amused. AH is clearly on the up.

Nobody's dictating anything to you, we all have different senses of humour. I find your gnarly posts in this thread fairly humorous tbh.

A little too caustic for my own good, you deserve better. I'm long overdue a breather from boards. Bigger issues outside starting to seep into most recent posts. Return with a more tranquil stance, and embrace the irreverent ethos of AH. Peace out.

Jonybgud wrote: »

I'm going to have to slap some arses.... :)

I’d say Emmet would be first in line with his chinos around his ankles.

• Advertisement

A little too caustic for my own good, you deserve better. I'm long overdue a breather from boards. Bigger issues outside starting to seep into most recent posts. Return with a more tranquil stance, and embrace the irreverent ethos of AH. Peace out.

Would you like a hug? I feel like you need to be gathered up in a Persepoly Big Hug. I also make a great cup of tea. Barry's leaves in an old style pot. Bit of maderia cake too.

Would you like a hug? I feel like you need to be gathered up in a Persepoly Big Hug. I also make a great cup of tea. Barry's leaves in an old style pot. Bit of maderia cake too.

That's deadly, It's like getting beaten up by auntie while she smiles and hugs you at the same time....:D:D

Don't be so hard on yourself

that's our job....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah here, if there is tea and cake going, sort me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Ah here, if there is tea and cake going, sort me out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ah here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Leave it out

Jonybgud wrote: »
    That's deadly, It's like getting beaten up by auntie while she smiles and hugs you at the same time....:D:D

:D

No it would be a genuine "hope all is ok" hug. I think I can relate to Bertie. I think. There are a few posters here who I sometimes find nauseating. If I'm going through a rough time my inner 'dark' side is tempted to come out and be harsh in my interactions with them. Like I don't give a fùck about your super happy life. I'm screaming inside and you're shìting on about flowers or love or clouds. G'way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Why don't people do the same and ignore Berties Horse if he bothers THEM so much. The ganging up is sh1tty, especially when some of you are bound to know that his dad is terminally ill as it came up on a relevant thread recently.

It makes the concern about being compassionate to others e.g. travellers, from two posters in particular look especially hollow. Disingenuous, gaslighting rubbish.

Fair play on your acknowledgment. I somehow doubt it will be reciprocated. All the best.

Raconteuse wrote: »
    Fair play on your acknowledgment. I somehow doubt it will be reciprocated. All the best.

I had a PM ready to go to Bertie actually. It wouldn't send but I too wish him all the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I remember the mod HotLips or something years ago. Would come on, especially at night, and close nearly every thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

You look after yourself, B. Apologies for my “causticness” as well, goes to show none of us are immune to it.
    I’d say Emmet would be first in line with his chinos around his ankles.

No chance, J. None.

Dunno if you saw but I’ve had a little “difficulty” very recently so wouldn’t fancy taking a whack any time soon.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Bring back planespeaking and her 45 personalities haha

Why don't people do the same and ignore Berties Horse if he bothers THEM so much. The ganging up is sh1tty, especially when some of you are bound to know that his dad is terminally ill as it came up on a relevant thread recently.

It makes the concern about being compassionate to others e.g. travellers, from two posters in particular look especially hollow. Disingenuous, gaslighting rubbish.
    If one person accuses ten other people of being the same person, it's not "ganging up" when they all respond in turn to either refute or take the piss out of that claim.

Take care, Bertie.

No chance, J. None.

Dunno if you saw but I’ve had a little “difficulty” very recently so wouldn’t fancy taking a whack any time soon.

I'll go easy on ya! but you're definitely getting it.....;):pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

gwalk wrote: »

You mean she was a woman?

God, she never mentioned that ten times every fcuking thread.

Mind my coffee will ya, I'm not making another pot...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

gwalk wrote: »

There are some things that you shouldn't joke about.

And the prospect of that poster returning is one of them.

There are some things that you shouldn't joke about.

And the prospect of that poster returning is one of them.

I couldn't get my head around her at all, but in the end I felt some compassion for whatever it was that had her so hostile. Not an easy way to live or to be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Candie wrote: »
    I couldn't get my head around her at all, but in the end I felt some compassion for whatever it was that had her so hostile. Not an easy way to live or to be.

I think she just took on male for and became Woke Hogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Saying I have 4, 5, 6 accounts doesn’t make it true, dude.

I have two accounts - JohnnyFlash, that lovable rogue, and end of the road, my elaborate troll account.

So what's your real view in travellers?

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

If this Forum has lacked anything in recent years, it was originality and humour. Some of us are fed-up with staid, middle-aged anxiety towards how the world
    Frankly, some of the people involved in thanking the above post are some of the least-craic on this website. We should be glad, in an age of Twitter and Instagram, that anyone is still making an effort on this website - and enjoy it. Don't be so bloody miserable all the time, hmm?

Funny enough the guy you are responding to, Oakmackeral, is responsible for some of the best and funniest threads in AH in years.

The scat thread - not so much.

I think she just took on male for and became Woke Hogan.
    When will you take on a male form, Paddy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thread has jumped the shark.

I didn't know that about Bertie's dad. I'm surprised you actually think any of us would knowingly take the piss if we knew someone was going through something so life-shattering. Despite all the disagreements we (everyone) has here I can't think of a single poster i would say has no empathy in them.

We just had a nice moment, and in fact, Bertie I'm more comfortable when you're being a bollix than being nice, so don't feel the need to stop. None of us are wallflowers.

I'm surprised you actually think any of us would knowingly take the piss if we knew someone was going through something so life-shattering. Despite all the disagreements we (everyone) has here I can't think of a single poster i would say has no empathy in them.
    Well I can. Of course they have pretend empathy in them when it suits (in order to get one up on people).

Well I can. Of course they have pretend empathy in them when it suits (in order to get one up on people).
    You might need to take a break yourself. You're coming across very paranoid.

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    You might need to take a break yourself. You're coming across very paranoid.
    Exactly the type of gaslighting that I'm talking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

I've no idea who anyone is anymore. Kinda glad after reading through the last few pages of this thread :/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement